Home

Jaguars/Titans

This is a discussion on Jaguars/Titans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #49
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Jaguars/Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
I know it sounds crazy but I think the Titans are better off with Collins at QB
Makes perfect sense to me.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #50
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Wait, he didn't want to go back in to the game after the 2nd pick?
The theory is, after the 2nd pick, Vince kicked up a stink, throwing his helmet off. Then the Titans D proceeded to force a 3 and out, but Vince wasn't ready to go back in, not until Fisher came over and exchanged some "animated" words.

Fisher's version suggests Vince came out after the 2nd INT and said his hammy, which *was* listed before the game as an injury, wasn't up to scratch. Fisher then says he simply went over to Vince and "convinced" him to come back in. He then proceeded to injure his knee.

I'm not sure what to believe, but Fisher's story doesn't really add up to me. It seems odd you'd go over and convince your QB to go back in and he does without any real sign of a hammy injury which took him out. Vince ran a roll out on the play he really got hurt and didn't look to be restricted by his hamstring, at least not enough to come out of the game. One might argue Fisher is trying to cover up a serious violation by Vince.

It doesn't look good for Vince either way. He either came out too quickly over nothing showing poor toughness, or he had a full blown hissy fit. Some Titans "insiders" are coming out now and saying Dinger told him angrily he might put Collins in instead due to his 2nd INT, to which Vince replied equally as angrily "Go on then". This is pure speculation though and somewhat unlikely IMO given Dinger's preaching of patience with Vince, but then he *does* have a pretty short temper.

Last edited by Nza; 09-07-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #51
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
The theory is, after the 2nd pick, Vince kicked up a stink, throwing his helmet off. Then the Titans D proceeded to force a 3 and out, but Vince wasn't ready to go back in, not until Fisher came over and exchanged some "animated" words.

Fisher's version suggests Vince came out after the 2nd INT and said his hammy, which *was* listed before the game as an injury, wasn't up to scratch. Fisher then says he simply went over to Vince and "convinced" him to come back in. He then proceeded to injure his knee.

I'm not sure what to believe, but Fisher's story doesn't really add up to me. It seems odd you'd go over and convince your QB to go back in and he does without any real sign of a hammy injury which took him out. Vince ran a roll out on the play he really got hurt and didn't look to be restricted by his hamstring, at least not enough to come out of the game. One might argue Fisher is trying to cover up a serious violation by Vince.

It doesn't look good for Vince either way. He either came out too quickly over nothing showing poor toughness, or he had a full blown hissy fit. Some Titans "insiders" are coming out now and saying Dinger told him angrily he might put Collins in instead due to his 2nd INT, to which Vince replied equally as angrily "Go on then". This is pure speculation though and somewhat unlikely IMO given Dinger's preaching of patience with Vince, but then he *does* have a pretty short temper.
LMAO at a comment posted on that article: this just in Vince out with trained Vag, nothing is torn though. been laughing for minutes ha ha ha

I think we will see how much vince holds the offense back next week. If they explode, it doesnt look good for the manchild.

btw, got rid of my 10 jersey this evening. Going back to the "non commital" personalized jersey for the rest of this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 11:35 PM   #52
Nza
MVP

Well, Collins was at QB in Houston last year and Bironas broke the record for field goals.

I wouldn't be surprised if Collins is more effective, but Young was never about the right now, particularly with a new OC. It's about the future with Young. If the D plays as well as this all season then the Titans can win it all now for sure, so Collins makes more sense in that regard, but from a long term sense, even VY detractors have to admit the only thing worse than Vince Young being your future is not knowing what your future at QB is.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:59 PM   #53
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I saw Young go down on Red Zone Channel, any word?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Schefter said 2-4 weeks out pending on the MRI for his mcl
Old 09-08-2008, 12:20 AM   #54
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Well, Collins was at QB in Houston last year and Bironas broke the record for field goals.

I wouldn't be surprised if Collins is more effective, but Young was never about the right now, particularly with a new OC. It's about the future with Young. If the D plays as well as this all season then the Titans can win it all now for sure, so Collins makes more sense in that regard, but from a long term sense, even VY detractors have to admit the only thing worse than Vince Young being your future is not knowing what your future at QB is.
I personally like the way the Eagles handled McNabb his first few years. Rivers seems to be coming along pretty nice after sitting his first year... Carson Palmer, Brady, maybe Rodgers. The Titans were forced into playing him early and it turned out ok, so it'd be hard to put him back on the bench now but I think it'd probably be the best thing for VY and the Titans. Let him get better in practice and watching the game. Maybe bring him in for a couple of plays.

He'd still be ready to start next year, and the titans should have the same chances of making the playoffs... probably even better. Not b/c Young is bad but they just don't need him to be a star so it's not worth the risk of watching him develop. All the Titans need is a QB who won't turn the ball over.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:14 AM   #55
Nza
MVP

The thing is, going off Vince's pouting and attitude when he throws an INT, i.e. stub shy away from being "f*** this game, I'm not going back out there" it seems, I doubt he could handle being benched. The guy has V.YOUNG tattooed on his back like a jersey for god sake, it would be effectively like benching Michael Jordan in his prime minus the huge negative impact on the team's production. Basically, I can't see Young handling a Matt Leinart situation at all, I think that would only make matters much worse with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
The thing is, going off Vince's pouting and attitude when he throws an INT, i.e. stub shy away from being "f*** this game, I'm not going back out there" it seems, I doubt he could handle being benched. The guy has V.YOUNG tattooed on his back like a jersey for god sake, it would be effectively like benching Michael Jordan in his prime minus the huge negative impact on the team's production. Basically, I can't see Young handling a Matt Leinart situation at all, I think that would only make matters much worse with him.

Yeah I think that is the whole reason he has not been benched yet. Although I think he could lose his job now. If Collins plays well, it will be hard to remove him when VY is healthy or done faking some injures. If they do start VY after he is healthy, I think he will have a very short leash, unless Collins stinks it up and they lose all their games.

Last edited by p_rushing; 09-08-2008 at 12:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »