Home

Philly @ Dallas: Monday Night Football week 2

This is a discussion on Philly @ Dallas: Monday Night Football week 2 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #33
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Philly @ Dallas: Monday Night Football week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I loved TO's celebration last week (olympic spirit), and wish he wasn't penalized for it...Even if I was on the other team it's not like it would have bothered me.
I know. The NFL needs to get over itself.

It's a game. It's entertainment.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #34
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I loved TO's celebration last week (olympic spirit), and wish he wasn't penalized for it...Even if I was on the other team it's not like it would have bothered me.
I think it would have been so much funnier if he sprinted to the 50 yard line.. but yeah it was funny.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #35
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Sweet...gotta love Jessica saying "we're gonna kick your butt too" to the Eagle fans on Good Morning America.

At least she looked good doing it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #36
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
Sweet...gotta love Jessica saying "we're gonna kick your butt too" to the Eagle fans on Good Morning America.

At least she looked good doing it though.
She's probably the least liked person in America right now which makes it great that she's a Cowboys fan.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #37
Pro

bucksfan07's Arena

OVR: 20

I like the Eagles by less than a touchdown

Old 09-11-2008, 04:59 AM   #38
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
She's probably the least liked person in America right now which makes it great that she's a Cowboys fan.
Not to get off topic but I don't sense the hate for her as some of the other pop stars. She kinda stays out of the whole club/party scene and just does her own thing.

She may be a ditz sometimes but she seems like a decent girl overall. Tony could do a lot worse that's for sure.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #39
All Star

OVR: 17

Boys by 10 at least.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #40
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...d-donovan.html

Quote:
Donovan McNabb danced around questions about Terrell Owens on this morning's conference call with the Valley Ranch media. T.O. fired away while discussing his former QB this afternoon

T.O. acknowledges that he should have done some things differently in Philadelphia, but he pinned the blame for his bitter divorce from McNabb on the QB's fragile ego.

"We obviously could have done some great things together," T.O. said after the TV cameras had left his locker, "but it wasn't me letting my pride get in the way."

T.O. didn't have to be probed much to give his opinion on why his relationship with McNabb went sour. He was asked whether Tony Romo was the first quarterback to really get him.

"Well, I was really thinking that was the case in Philly before I think the fans and just the excitement of me coming there and being there, it became too overwhelming for Donovan," T.O. replied. "Other than that, I think at one point in time I will say that we had a good relationship. I think I got too big for Philly, too big for him. But here, Tony and I have a great relationship."

T.O. recalled throwing Monday night house parties for his Eagles teammates, where he'd alternate weeks serving as bartender with McNabb. But he sensed the relationship changing during the 2004 season, which ended with T.O. making a miraculous return from injury to put up big numbers in a Super Bowl loss to the Patriots - and later pointing out that McNabb was vomiting during the Eagles' final drive.

"I think everybody knows without harping on it too much," T.O. said. "It is what it is. I can only do so much. Everywhere that I've gone, the cameras follow me. I'm going to get a great deal of fan support and a fan base.

"As I mentioned in the conference call [with Philadelphia media] earlier, I can remember being in that stadium and hearing them chanting my name. That couldn't bode well for Donovan to hear that. It was an every-week thing."

T.O., who hugged it out with McNabb at a Super Bowl party a couple winters ago, said he hasn't talked to his old pal in a while. Probably won't any time soon after McNabb hears about T.O.'s latest take on him.

But T.O. still gave Philly's QB some props, in a back-handed sort of way

"I honestly can say that Donovan made me a better receiver in Philly," T.O. said, "but I think it would be hard for him to admit that I made him a better quarterback."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »