Home

Philly @ Dallas: Monday Night Football week 2

This is a discussion on Philly @ Dallas: Monday Night Football week 2 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 01:40 AM   #569
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Philly @ Dallas: Monday Night Football week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Exactly. Meanwhile, Westbrook today is how Westbrook was used at Villanova. And Reid uses Westbrook as a regular receiver at times. Jones is not the pass catcher that BWest is. Superior runner, though. Absolutely.
I've heard more than one person say the same thing about BWest they have said about Reggie Bush, they both have the ability to be pro bowl WR's if they were to play that position.

Imo, BWest is the most versatile back in the league. Hands down.

Felix Jones is electric though. He's the perfect change of pace to Barber. Barber wears the defense down, then they throw Jones back there, and you need to chase him all around. His vision and patience are better than I thought they'd be, and when he decides to drop the hammer he explodes in to the open field.

If used right, Jones is going to be a good player in this league for a long time, and his pass catching skills from what I understand are improving rapidly.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:45 AM   #570
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
He caught 39 passes in 38 career games. When they lined him up at WR, it was almost always in the Wildhog formation with McFadden at QB.
I don't ever remember Felix being much of a reciever when he played high school ball here in Tulsa.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 09-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #571
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
NFC East being the best division in football = OS Pro Football forum will be like the EA vs. T2/VC war on heroin.

Anyways, thoughts on the game...

Great game, despite Dallas winning. Never like seeing Dallas win anything.

Jason Witten is the mf'in truth and if you don't know that now, I don't know what to tell ya. So many teams passed on him in the draft and I don't know why.

Meanwhile, Littlejohn Smith sucks. Why Reid decided to keep him around and give him the franchise tag is beyond me. Each year is "the year" for Littlejohn Smith, yet Littlejohn always disappointment. After that first catch, he disappeared. Left. Gone. McNabb used to have Chad Lewis. Lewis, despite not being Mr. Athletic and so talented, got open and did his job. McNabb knew Lewis would get open. A legit TE would've helped plenty last night. McNabb hasn't had a safety net since Lewis.

Give Dallas' O-line much credit. They pretty much manhandled the Eagles' pass rush. Amazing. I never thought I'd see that.

Eagles' O-line did very well, too. Much better in the first half. Losing Shawn Andrews mid-way, though, was painful. Dallas started getting through after that. Combined with Reid still having the line pass block so much into the second half, making them tired out. Andy Reid and his pass-happy style. So nice, huh?

T.O. was double teamed in the second half, but they also put Lito Shepard back on him. Asante had a very good night, but Lito should always play T.O. because he does great against him. Just like he does against Randy Moss.

Felix Jones. Stud. He's not Westbrook-like despite what a couple people have said because he is not a great pass catcher like B-West is, coming out of college and never will be. Jones is a WAAAAYYYY better runner than Westbrook coming out of college, though. Superior, if you will.

Stewart Bradley disappointed me last night. You gotta do better than what...2 tackles all night?!?! PITIFUL. And his cover skills sucked. I still liked Omar Gaither in the middle. Bradley is young, so he needs time...but uh....

Eagles FO, Reid & Co. should;ve learned last night that their receivers still...aren't...good...enough.

Yet, if their eyes were watching, they found out that DeSean Jackson is the real deal. STUD. Yes, he made the chuckleheaded play on the long pass for the TD. Yes, he's a little cocky bastard. Yes, he is a diva already. But, he is for real and should now be "the man" right behind Westbrook. The guy is that damn good. First rook to start his career with back-to-back 100 yard games? Andy Reid...if you really aren't an idiot...keep Jackson as the starter and DON'T EVEN think about removing him from that spot just because Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown come back. If you do that, you are a ****in' fool.

Roy Williams. lol.

Adam Jones. LMAO.

I hate to say it, but uh...Brian Dawkins is done. Hate to say it. Love the dude. But yeah. Done. And the Eagles should've drafted Merriweather or Kenny Phillips. Eagles need to draft a safety. A good one, not some schmuck who you think can play. Mikel played well, but why is Sean Considine still on that team?

McNabb played great last night, but what I've always had against him is that I don't have complete trust in him when it's clutch time. Taking those sacks at the end is rookie ****. Not having complete concentration on that play that became a fumble was stupidity to the fullest. Are you kidding me??? Big fan of McNabb. Will always defend him against people who just don't know crap about the situation he has been in, but he cannot be defended when it comes to his 4th quarter performance last night.

Circling back to DeSean Jackson...he pissed on both RW and Adam Jones. So why didn't Reid go back to DeSean down the field again?

What the hell was Reid thinking with that last play? What the dammit hell???

Jason Garrett has to be one of the best offensive callers in the game. He keeps it simple, which is the best thing you can do. Yes, he has the weapons to work with, but he brings out the best of those weapons.

Not many screens like I thought would happen last night. Surprising.

I think I've drained enough thoughts out. If I can think of more, I'll bring them up.
Good post.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #572
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

One last thing...when I looked up and saw Kat De Luna was going to sing the National Anthem, I cringed. Because I know how she sings and I knew she was going to butcher it.

But...I still wanna blast that from behind. FROM BEHIIIINNNNNNDDDD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »