Home

Saints @ Redskins

This is a discussion on Saints @ Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #49
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Saints @ Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
What happened at the end? The power went off where I was watching it so I couldn't see the last 5 minutes.
Santana Moss burned Tracy Porter deep. Then it looked like we were gonna drive down and score but Brees, as usual, had the ball deflected and it got picked. Then we still had a chance but Washington went for it on 4th and two from our 34 with 1:58 left and Campbell threw a quick slant to Moss and that was it.

It was a bad loss, though I'm kinda numb to those at this point.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #50
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #51
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Nice picture.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
few thoughts: reed doughty may as well kiss his job goodbye. he is a good guy but horton basically took his starting job today. the saints need deuce to get healthy and colston to get back asap. bush is never going to be a traditional running back in the nfl. he needs deuce to pound the rock between the tackles to set up what he is best at, getting outside. the redskins offense looked better than last week obviously but they better not make a habit of kicking field goals and not getting td's (seems like gibbs is still the coach). the score shouldn't have been as close as it was. the redskins dominated the game. obviously there are plenty of if's after any game that could change the outcome, but man, the 'skins missed 2 field goals, should have never went for the two point conversion, they outgained the saints by 200 yards, 10 more minutes of posession time, won the turnover battle and one of the saints td's came on special teams. you can take it one of two ways, either the skins are pretty good because they did dominate so much statistic wise, or they were trying to find a way to lose which is what bad teams do. i think it is neither, and both. they are mediocre and will be up and down all year. the mark of a team with ok talent but a new coach who will take his lumps all season. oh yeah, that and the fact that the nfl really is a week to week league where you can go from bum to superstar and back again in about 60 minutes on any given sunday...
Yes, yes. However, I don't feel we're a mediocre team, but at times we played like one. Winning teams don't muff a punt after making an offense go three and out, miss chip shot FG's, and allow a team to get a cheap 3 points just before the half.

I do like the fact that Zorn didn't allow the Saints to get comfortable defending any one thing on offense though, much unlike Gibbs (sorry Joe) Even earlier when the Skins weren't connecting downfield, just the threat made CP's life easier, and helped Cooley get favorable matchups underneath.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #53
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I missed the game yesterday and was watching highlights this morning and have one question: Who is the Skins player with the dreadlocks? I don't remember seeing him last year.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #54
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I missed the game yesterday and was watching highlights this morning and have one question: Who is the Skins player with the dreadlocks? I don't remember seeing him last year.
Chris Horton, he's a rookie. He was starting because Doughty had some sortof stomach virus.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:47 PM   #55
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmatic
Chris Horton, he's a rookie. He was starting because Doughty had some sortof stomach virus.
He didn't lose his job because it wasn't his to begin with (Doughty, that is). Until the unfortunate event of last year, he was coming off of the bench. If Horton can do this consistantly, Doughty will be a nickle or a dime coverage back. I can live with a crouded secondary.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »