Home

49ers @ Seahawks

This is a discussion on 49ers @ Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #73
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 49ers @ Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
**On a completely unrelated note, its cool to read that you got promoted at your job with the baseball team you are working for, I was just reading that thread and would have responded in there with the same thing but unfortunatly I couldnt get the reply box to load for some reason so I gave up finally.
Yeah, congrats RC. That's cool you're with the Bears. The DBacks are a good franchise, so you'll get to see some nice young players coming up. I live an hour down the road and watch the Dust Devils from time to time. They were brutal this year too.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #74
LOB

Coug00's Arena

Quote:
Thats fine coug, same as Wazzu, we just have different opinions on certain things, notta big deal.

In terms of the Colts play, I was a little shocked that they didnt run some sort of stretch play or toss since you got Pat Williams and Kevin Williams clogging the middle, hell, even with the reviews Im not sure Addai even got in but there wasnt enough evidence to overturn it in the end so it stood.
Agreed. Not a big deal, just differing opinions. I won't hold it (or your screen name ) against ya.

Yeah, that was a very close play...I don't see how they could have overruled it...way too close. I was actually surprised they ruled it a TD on the field. I have no idea how the line judge could see the ball in that whole mess.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
I always look on the bright side, 2 months until Cougar basketball! =)

Plus, at least this weekend the Cougs didn't lose by 9 TD's...that's an improvement right?
Look for a Baylor win in basketball too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #76
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Look for a Baylor win in women's basketball too.
Fixed.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
Fixed.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I did watch and I didnt say Hasselbeck did absolutly nothing but Alexander made everything much easier for him, that cant be denied. Secondly, I hate Alexander and always have so I dont dispute that the line made him look better then he might have been but in that year, with that line he made the game 10x easier for Hasselbeck and is the reason that team got as far as they did. I watched more Seahawk games then I would like, that was prior to getting Sunday Ticket so the Seahawks were consistently shoved down my throat here in Oregon, so I saw enough of them thats for sure.

Now Im not saying suddenly the Niners are going to make the playoffs but to say they would only be a challenge to the Rams is completely ridiculous and so far out there that Im not sure if your joking or not. First off, we were right there with Arizona despite the 4-5 turnovers we had that game, so we hung with them just fine. We play the AFC West so Im pretty sure we will be able to hang with Miami, we also play Detroit, you cant tell me they are far superior to either team and Im sure there are other games on the schedule that we can win as well.
Yeah, I was kinda joking about that one actually......I love the Hawks, but I think we both will have fairly bad teams this year. I think Seattles defence is overrated, they let the team down when it really counted on Sunday.

I do think that the reciever injuries are huge for the offence tho, you just can't get the replacements up to speed with the timing and cohesion thats necessary with the quarterback for the offence to function properly. Their best reciever is a rookie tight end right now, while hes good hes hardly going to stretch the field.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #79
LOB

Coug00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
I do think that the reciever injuries are huge for the offence tho, you just can't get the replacements up to speed with the timing and cohesion thats necessary with the quarterback for the offence to function properly.
I read Hasselbeck said he threw 2 total passes to McMullen in all of practice last week. That's how the injuries to Payne and Wallace affected the offense.

Seattle isn't playing good football, but they're not out of the West as 9-7 probably wins the division. Engram and Branch will be back after the bye. I am worried about the secondary though. Grant looked awful back there and I've never been a fan of Jennings. Even Trufant looked sub par yesterday.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:47 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

So Logan Payne got put on IR, Wallace is out 3-4 weeks, and Kelly Jennings has a cracked rib but will play hurt like Lofa, Trufant and Hasselbeck are doing. Did Shaun Alexander conjure some black magic voodoo to curse the Seahawks or something? Seattle now has 9 guys on IR, the same as the rest of the NFC West combined, and tied with Jacksonville for most in the NFL.

Major players who are hurt:
QB Seneca Wallace (#2 QB; sprained calf pre-game week 2; out 4-6 weeks; was supposed to play WR and PR after injuries to other players)
RB Maurice Morris (#1 RB; sprained knee week 1; supposed to be back around week 5)
WR Deion Branch (#1 WR; torn ACL from last year; supposed to be back around week 5)
WR Bobby Engram (#2 WR; injured shoulder in preseason; supposed to be back around week 5)
WR Nate Burleson (#3 WR; tore ACL in week 1; on IR; was also starting PR)
WR Ben Obomanu (#4 WR; broke collarbone in preseason; on IR; was backup PR)
WR Logan Payne (#6 WR; tore MCL in week 2; on IR)
RG Rob Sims (#1 RG; tore pectoral muscle in week 1; on IR)
RG Chris Gray (#2 RG; suffered career-ending back injury in training camp; on IR)
RT Sean Locklear (#1 RT; sprained knee during preseason; supposed to be back around week 5)
LS Tyler Schmitt (was supposed to be the long-term answer at long snapper, but was discovered to have a bad back in training camp and will probably never play a down in the NFL; on IR)
P Ryan Plackemeier (tore a pectoral muscle in the offseason and missed all of training camp and most of preseason; was cut after week 1)

Backup LB Wesley Mallard, backup corner DeMichael Dizer, and backup OT William Robinson are also on IR, while backup LB Will Herring is on the PUP list.

Linebacker Lofa Tatupu is playing with a broken thumb, corner Marcus Trufant is playing with a cracked bone in his hand, and the other starting corner, Kelly Jennings is playing with a cracked rib. Matt Hasselbeck was also having problems with his back throughout preseason, and starting center Chris Spencer missed all of preseason while recovering from shoulder surgery. I've seen teams get decimated by injuries before (the 2007 Rams and 2006 Seahawks come to mind), but this is just getting absurd. Seattle is without their top 4 recievers, and their #6 guy who was pressed a starter, and their backup QB who was going to be pressed into being a starter at WR are all out. Right now, the only healthy recievers on the team are Courtney Taylor, who caught 5 passes last year and was #6 on the depth chart, Billy McMullen, who has never been more than a #4 receiver and didn't not play for a team last year, and Michael Bumpus, a rookie free agent who was playing for Washington State last year. Another trade or free agent signing seems imminent (the Seahawks traded a first round pick for Branch in 2006 and just signed McMullen last week and promoted Bumpus from the practice squad). Word is that Koren Robinson is a very likely candidate to be signed given his familiarity with Hasselbeck and Holmgren's offense.

When it rains it pours in Seattle.

I'm not blaming the losses on the injuries because Seattle's defense, which returned all 11 starters and is for the most part healthy (at least compared to the offense; all 11 guys are playing but 3 of them with minor injuries - if you consider cracked/broken bones minor that is), has been rather disappointing so far. Its a long season and there is still a lot of time to turn things around, but the schedule is very tough and there's no way any team could compete if guys keep going down with injuries the way they have been. On average, since week two of the preseason, Seattle has been losing two players per week - one for 4-6 weeks and another for the season. This is just ridiculous. Is it something in the water? Did Holmgren spit in a Bible? Did someone make a deal with the Devil? Is it just a freak situation or does the strength and conditioning coach need to get fired? Whatever is going on, things are good to need to turn around quick or Holmgren's final season is going to be a painfully long one.

Last edited by Mauler34; 09-16-2008 at 10:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »