Home

It's time for the Vikings to make a "BOOTY CALL"!!

This is a discussion on It's time for the Vikings to make a "BOOTY CALL"!! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: It's time for the Vikings to make a "BOOTY CALL"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
No, he doesn't get it and neither do you. With AD all the QB has to do is keep the D honest! All Gus needs to do is make simple passes which Jackson can't seem to do. We would have won that game if he could have just made the simple passes. With the D we have and the running game we have we should be a dangerous team. We are very good at running the ball and very good at stopping the run. That right there is what is needed to go far in the playoffs. The Vikings will be fine if they can get someone to pass the ball. AD will do the rest when he gets in the redzone. You just only have to keep the D honest.
It's much easier said than done and you don't seem to realize that. The concept that "all he has to do is make simple passes" has been the idea of our offense ever since Chester Taylor. All of the 4 QB's in Brad's anemic offense have failed to make it look half-decent, or show even an ounce of potential success. The only invariable throughout this composition of trash is Brad Childress. You're in another planet if you think Frerotte will do any better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #26
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
Wow, why do sport's fans have zero patience? Jackson is still young and he at least is progressing. Hell, I think he is better than Vince Young (mental difficulties aside).
BINGO!!
Old 09-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by H to the G
It's much easier said than done and you don't seem to realize that. The concept that "all he has to do is make simple passes" has been the idea of our offense ever since Chester Taylor. All of the 4 QB's in Brad's anemic offense have failed to make it look half-decent, or show even an ounce of potential success. The only invariable throughout this composition of trash is Brad Childress. You're in another planet if you think Frerotte will do any better.
When you have AD and the Oline that we have. That is all you have to do. Your job as a QB is to not blow the game. We don't have major weapon in the Wr core. So you do what you can. I am tired of Brad making these bone head plays like throwing deep on 3 and 1 3rd and 5. We are not build for that. I will take AD and give him the ball. He will do something good. All we need a QB to manage the game and make the simple throws when he need too. Gus will make the throws that need to be made. Sure I would love the O to be dangerous, but that is not our team. To be dangerous you have to have a good QB and good Wr's You think a better game plan is going to make the Vikes better?
Old 09-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
BINGO!!
Nope that is good enough. You only have a QB that is learing if you are not a Playoff team. You put a QB that knows what they are doing and you go to the playoffs this year. I just can't accept that. This team has a good chance to so some damage and Jackson is hurting that chance because of his learing! I don't like that. If we were still a non playoff team then I would say yes give him a chance.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #29
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Whatever you guys say.

Last year when T-Jack got hurt we brought in Brooks LOLlinger and all he had to do was "make simple passes" because we had AD in our backfield.

Well, we all know how that turned out.

Bringing in the next QB in line isn't always the answer, especially with Childress and his garbage play calling. Let's be honest, if they stack 9 in the box on 1st and 2nd downs, and then leave us with a passing situation on 3rd down, most defenses will know what to expect and more than likely shut us down.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 09-16-2008, 06:39 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
When you have AD and the Oline that we have. That is all you have to do. Your job as a QB is to not blow the game. We don't have major weapon in the Wr core. So you do what you can. I am tired of Brad making these bone head plays like throwing deep on 3 and 1 3rd and 5. We are not build for that. I will take AD and give him the ball. He will do something good. All we need a QB to manage the game and make the simple throws when he need too. Gus will make the throws that need to be made. Sure I would love the O to be dangerous, but that is not our team. To be dangerous you have to have a good QB and good Wr's You think a better game plan is going to make the Vikes better?
Since it doesn't seem as if you even read the post at all, I'll repost so you can digest it again:
Quote:
Will a better game plan make us better? Uh, yeah? Did you watch the game against Indy? Can you explain to me how GUS FREROTTE (who's worse than Jackson btw) is the answer?
Old 09-16-2008, 06:39 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
You think a better game plan is going to make the Vikes better?
Hells yes. Our offense is so predictable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Whatever you guys say.

Last year when T-Jack got hurt we brought in Brooks LOLlinger and all he had to do was "make simple passes" because we had AD in our backfield.

Well, we all know how that turned out.

Bringing in the next QB in line isn't always the answer, especially with Childress and his garbage play calling. Let's be honest, if they stack 9 in the box on 1st and 2nd downs, and then leave us with a passing situation on 3rd down, most defenses will know what to expect and more than likely shut us down.
You get a QB that can pass decent and manage the game AD will do the rest. That is all I am saying, yes he is that good. So now Brooks made the simple throws. I haven't seen a Vikes QB in while make the even the simple throws. If they could you would be a lot of a team. What cost of that game was not making the simple out patterns for first down. He had no pressure and still over threw the guy. That is what cost of the game. Personally my way of thinking is trying to move the chain and then see what AD can do!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »