Home

Koren Robinson back with the Seahawks

This is a discussion on Koren Robinson back with the Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Koren Robinson back with the Seahawks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3591729

Quote:
Desperate for a healthy wide receiver, the Seahawks reached into their past and signed former first-rounder Koren Robinson to a one-year contract Tuesday.

They also traded what is believed to be a fifth-rounder to the Denver Broncos for wide receiver Keary Colbert. The pick could be upgraded to a fourth, depending on Colbert's performance, according to a source.

Robinson, 28, flew into Seattle on Tuesday and met with general manager Tim Ruskell. After a physical and a talk, Robinson was offered the chance to return to the Seahawks for the first time since leaving in 2004. The one-year deal is worth $730,000.

The Seahawks cut Robinson after the 2004 season because of numerous off-the-field problems. Though he was popular with his teammates and had the support of coach Mike Holmgren, Robinson was let go. He bounced back with the Vikings in 2005, but a DUI led to an arrest and his eventual release. He was with the Packers in 2006 and 2007 and caught 37 passes in those two seasons.

Six injuries at the wide receiver position left the Seahawks in a pinch to find one who knew the system. Logan Payne blew out a knee during Sunday's loss to the 49ers and was lost for the season. Backup quarterback Seneca Wallace pulled a calf muscle during pregame warm-ups. He was going to try to help Seattle at receiver Sunday before getting hurt.

Colbert left the Panthers to go to the Broncos in free agency and signed a three-year deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Koren Robinson back with the Seahawks

Suckers for taking Colbert
Old 09-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Yeah I wanted Darrell Jackson back and while we're at it why not sign Alexander (just kidding). I'll be happy to see Robinson in a Seahawk uniform. I heard he has started to have knee problems and obviously wasn't playing for anyone so we'll see how much he has to offer. He's easily the best wide receiver on the team right now.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by keRplunK
Yeah I wanted Darrell Jackson back and while we're at it why not sign Alexander (just kidding). I'll be happy to see Robinson in a Seahawk uniform. I heard he has started to have knee problems and obviously wasn't playing for anyone so we'll see how much he has to offer. He's easily the best wide receiver on the team right now.
Which is sad if you think about it.

If his knee holds though, he could be a steal.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

lol, keary colbert? Im not sure whats more surprising, that he got a contract in the offseason or that someone actually wants him now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

These teams must not look @ tape on these FA's. How he found a job after getting dropped by the Panthers, then someone actually trades for him, I'll never know.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #7
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm very happy for Koren getting another opportunity in Seattle. I was one of his biggest fans while he was in Green Bay and he started to turn his life around completely when he came here. Unfortunately, due to the numbers game(not his knee)we had to let him go. I thought he would've caught on with another team quicker, but i'm just happy he's on another team period.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #8
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas

Well they need help at WR and he's not horrible. Hopefully he will do well and we will get a 4th out of him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »