Home

How The Cowboys' New Stadium Will Change The NFL

This is a discussion on How The Cowboys' New Stadium Will Change The NFL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: How The Cowboys' New Stadium Will Change The NFL

Read that article.

Wow, increasing taxes to fund a stadium. But I'm sure that stadium will get in the rotation for SuperBowls, especially if they close the roof in Jan/Feb.

But from the cheapest seats, you get to pay $59, plus parking, plus concessions, just to watch the game on the big screen?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #18
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
Read that article.

Wow, increasing taxes to fund a stadium. But I'm sure that stadium will get in the rotation for SuperBowls, especially if they close the roof in Jan/Feb.

But from the cheapest seats, you get to pay $59, plus parking, plus concessions, just to watch the game on the big screen?
LOL. Then don't go. I assure you they'll sell out every game.

By the way, Arlington residents VOTED for the taxes to pay for the stadium, and it's only 0.25 percent sales tax. That's like $25 a year per resident of the city. Most of it is paid by visitors of the city.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:24 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I hate the PSL, because it forces you to buy tickets. The teams like it because it keeps selling out the stadium even when the team sucks. Look at the Panthers, they sellout, but the stadium is half full sometimes. If you don't buy the season tickets, you usually lose the PSL and have lost whatever you paid for it.

Why should a fan be force to sell a game or 2 just to be able to afford them. A true fan wouldn't sell them unless they couldn't attend.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #20
Banned

Freelance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Why should a fan be force to sell a game or 2 just to be able to afford them. A true fan wouldn't sell them unless they couldn't attend.
Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.

It is not anyone's "right" to be a season ticket holder. LOTS of people see it as worth it. If some folks don't think it's worth it.....they aren't required to buy them. If they can't afford it.....tough. The NFL is not a government program; it's a business.

That's like saying, "Ferraris cost too much. How can they force me to pay that much for one. I should have one, too, because it's not fair."

As far as selling the tickets, I'm not forced to sell them, but I don't like to go to the Thanksgiving game (I'd rather be with my family that day), and I can make good money on Redskins tickets (I've already seen more than 10 Cowboys-Redskins games anyway). Most of the time, the Cowboys-Redskins game has one struggling team anyway.

I may not sell any of them. I'll make that decision later.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #21
All Star

bkfount's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I hate the PSL, because it forces you to buy tickets. The teams like it because it keeps selling out the stadium even when the team sucks. Look at the Panthers, they sellout, but the stadium is half full sometimes. If you don't buy the season tickets, you usually lose the PSL and have lost whatever you paid for it.

because it's a business. There's plenty of people on a waiting list for those seats, and supply is limited. If you have ever bought tickets to a big game on the secondary market, then you'd know that demand makes ticket prices jump higher than what season ticket owners paid for them.

However, you don't even have to sell your tickets to see the investment. Original Panther PSL's cost between $600-$6,000. Now they can be worth as much as $20,000.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #22
Banned

Freelance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
However, you don't even have to sell your tickets to see the investment. Original Panther PSL's cost between $600-$6,000. Now they can be worth as much as $20,000.
Exactly right.

If you pay $10K per seat now, you can sell those for $50K each in a few years. It's an investment if you want to do it that way.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #23
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
you couldn't be more wrong about Texas Stadium. It has more of the common man that fat rich cats. If you want to say that about Mavericks games, I'd agree with you. Those people are there to be seen.
I stand corrected my friend. Although, I know that a lot of the fanbase were that way during their SB years.

Thanks for correcting me.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »