Home

Are We Allowed To Ask For Brady Quinn Now?

This is a discussion on Are We Allowed To Ask For Brady Quinn Now? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #49
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Are We Allowed To Ask For Brady Quinn Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Great post man. The most frustrating thing for me watching the Browns is the number of silly penalties they get in a game.

This team has a tremendous lack of focus and IMO that starts with the coach. This team is not mentally prepared to live up to their pre season expectations.

Not only that, the clock management at the end of the first half of the Pittsburgh game was abysmal and unacceptable.

I'm not buying into the Romeo Crennell system/idea.

Do you think Cowher would come back?
I agree with you..The team has a bunch of problems other than DA...The team has no focus and the coaching has been terrible especially the clock management. I thought the Browns were overated coming into the season..they suprised teams last year but teams have caught up to that offense and are no longer suprised... Braylon edwards looks like a totally different receiver than last year but thats probably due to his injury..His drops are inexcusable...and on top of all that the secondary is banged up.. Let's not forget Quinn had ample opportunity to make a move on the starting QB position while DA was out in preseason, he performed terribly...and was again regulated to the bench,His time will come late in the season...
Old 09-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #50
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

The Ravens are a middle of the pack team. At best they can go 9-7. At worst they'll go 6-10. With the way the division is shaping up, i'll go with 8-8. The defense is good, but your offense will get exposed by a better team.

The Browns, on the other hand, are a very below average team. I will hope they finish 3rd, but more than likely they will finish in the cellar. DA stinks, no matter what anyone says. I think you, WW, could see the way he played last night. He has played that way ever since the Cardinals game. It ranges from average to WTF Awful. When you don't have a coach or a QB, your team is going to suck.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM
Samardzija - Not in NFL.
McKnight - Not in NFL.
Walker - Not in NFL.
Stovall - 3rd round pick.
Fasano - 2nd round pick.

A TE and a possession receiver is not exactly guys at every skill position. It's not hard for a decent defense to shut that down. You want to compare that to the teams he didn't fare well against - USC, OSU, LSU? Really?

Quinn didn't stand out? Why was he drafted in round 1?
Samardzja would be. McKnight was in NFL camps. Maurice Stovall is on an NFL roster. Fasano is on an NFL roster, and Walker was a very good RB, who also was in NFL camps.

The notion that he had no talent around him is no where near accurate.

Again I ask, what exactly did he do in college?

Why he was a #1 pick, not sure. Being drafted #1 by the Browns means what? Tim Couch was drafted in the first round by that team.

I keep hearing excuses and double speak, but I am not sure anyone has ever answered the question. What did this guy ever do in college?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #52
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
I want to make this clear as well.

Brady Quinn alone is not going to turn around the Browns. This season is already lost, from what i've seen of this team. We got destroyed by a middle of the pack Ravens team. We probably won't win this coming week either.

That is why I want to see Brady Quinn. This is what Browns fans expected last year after the Steelers game opening day. We're just picking it up a year later.
If you truly believe the season is lost, and you are ready to tell the vets you are giving up on the season, then play him. With the way that offensive line has played, can the Browns protect him enough not to wreck him? If they can, then give him a shot.

Maybe it's just me, but throwing a young QB to the wolves like that usally does more harm than good. Young QB's on teams that can not protect them and are playing from behind a lot tend to get eaten up in this league.

Not to mention if he was truly ready why could he not beat out DA this pre-season while DA was hurt?

First round pick QB's are a big investment, it seems to me it would be smart to protect that investment.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #53
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
If you truly believe the season is lost, and you are ready to tell the vets you are giving up on the season, then play him. With the way that offensive line has played, can the Browns protect him enough not to wreck him? If they can, then give him a shot.

Maybe it's just me, but throwing a young QB to the wolves like that usally does more harm than good. Young QB's on teams that can not protect them and are playing from behind a lot tend to get eaten up in this league.

Not to mention if he was truly ready why could he not beat out DA this pre-season while DA was hurt?

First round pick QB's are a big investment, it seems to me it would be smart to protect that investment.
The offensive line will turn it around. They are missing both their starting guards, both of which will probably return this coming week. And even beside the point, the sacks DA took yesterday were because he refused to get rid of the ball. He takes to long to go through his reads.

Now, as for Quinn, he looked very bad in preseason. He looked great last preseason. He is somewhere in that middle ground, I think he is probably closer to being good than bad.

Quinn's college career means absolutely crap to me. I've seen players in College that I was sure weren't going to bust, be a bust *Ryan Leaf, Kyle Boller and others* OTOH, you see players who didn't do anything in college that have been good in the pros. *Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers come to mind*

I don't know what the hell Quinn will be. I don't think anyone knows for sure what he'll be. He could be Ryan Leaf or Tom Brady. But I know what Derek Anderson is, and that is not an NFL QB. His QB rating so far this season has been terrible, and he hasn't had a good game in a LONG time. I believe he has been in, what, a ten game slump? Now Crennel is saying we have to get the other guy *Quinn* snaps to make sure he is ready. DA will now be pressing to keep his job.

It's being handled to where DA has 0% to succeed and it's obvious the organization is getting ready to move on.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
you see players who didn't do anything in college that have been good in the pros. *Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers come to mind*
Not sure where you got that. Phillip Rivers was the MVP of 4 Bowl games in his college career. was the ACC Athlete of the Year and owns just about every ACC and NC State Passing record.

Jay Cutler, despite playing in a brutal conference on a bad team, stood out enough to be the SEC Offensive Player of the Year in 2005.

Not sure where you get they did nothing in college. Both of them were more accomplished than Quinn in college.

I guess we'll see, but I'd be hesitant to throw him to the wolves at this point, and if you think DA is slow in his reads, wait till you see Quinn, unless he's made a complete turnaround.

I have seen every snap of their first two games, this weeks game shortcut is on the DVR, but there's no way Cleveland's woes can be thrown at the feet of DA all by himself. He's hardly been their biggest problem.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:07 PM   #55
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I have seen every snap of their first two games, this weeks game shortcut is on the DVR, but there's no way Cleveland's woes can be thrown at the feet of DA all by himself. He's hardly been their biggest problem.
He's not their biggest problem.

He is their currently biggest fixable problem.

We'll see. You or I do not know how good or bad Quinn will be.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 08:15 PM   #56

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Quinn's college career means absolutely crap to me. I've seen players in College that I was sure weren't going to bust, be a bust *Ryan Leaf, Kyle Boller and others* OTOH, you see players who didn't do anything in college that have been good in the pros. *Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers come to mind*
Don't drag Rivers name into this. In college he holds practically every passing record for both NCSU and the ACC. He took us to bowl games and almost an upset of Ohio State.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »