Home

So who fills the void in the AFC?

This is a discussion on So who fills the void in the AFC? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 01:51 AM   #9
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: So who fills the void in the AFC?

Other than the Broncos, I don't think the teams in the AFC have hit their stride yet..

I like the Steelers and Chargers. I know the Chargers are 0-2 but if they can right the ship and stay healthy, they'll be fine. Like someone said, the Chargers are seconds away from being 2-0.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 09-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
I think it'll be the Chargers in the end. Maybe the Broncos, but that's a big maybe.

The Colts, Jags, Bills, Titans, Steelers, Pats, and Ravens all have significant issues.

I only see the Chargers being able to heal their warts and put a fully effective team together. Broncos still look a little young to be ready yet, but you never know.

ok, ill bite, what signifigant issues do the Titans have? have you even watched a Titans game or just the highlights on ESPN. You come off like you know what your talking about but your post seems like some random comments with nothing to back up any statement you made. Oh lemme guess VY went crazy, the titans have issues right. Go look at some stats, red zone percentage, rushing yds, any defensive stat, and tell me the "Titans have signifigant issues".

Also, please explain how the "broncos look to be a little young yet". what the heck does that mean? stop trying to sound smart. The broncos are having a tough time on D right now, why dont you say that. They "Look to be a little young"
Old 09-22-2008, 09:37 AM   #11
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

No need to go on the defensive Renegade, I think it's fair to say the Titans have issues. Significant or not, I dunno, bit early to tell, but they have questions.

First, the WR's. Just terrible WR's mostly. McCareins is looking poor although had an ok game against the Texans. Gage is dinged up. Paul Williams has no place in the NFL. With KC the WR's have looked slightly better, but they've still dropped a few and can't be relied upon to do anything but bring in perfect passes, and even then it's iffy.

The OL is not that great so far in run blocking. Thank god for Chris Johnson, the leading AFC rusher at this point. The Titans would be lame without him. LenDale White is doing pretty poorly when he's not on the goalline. If Johnson goes down, the Titans offense is at a big disadvantage automatically.

Kerry Collins is Kerry Collins. Not a significant issue yet, but it could be if he doesn't defy his career to this point.

The Titans D is scary good, but lacks depth. Albert Haynesworth goes down, and how does the DL look? Osi goes down for the Giants and they don't seem to be skipping a beat. Jason Jones has looked good at DT but he's no Haynesworth. In fact, only Vickerson on the roster is close in size/role. It is an upgrade over the terrible Randy Starks last season, but DL depth remains a concern. DE is a little scary if Kearse goes down.

You're right though - the stats suggest the Titans are a very well rounded team right now. Almost like the Jags last season, if you minus a bit of passing effiency and add a bit more defensive ability anyway. Keep in mind, te combined record of the Titans opponents right now is 1-7 I believe. I think the Jags and Texans are better than their records at least, but it is what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #12
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
No need to go on the defensive Renegade, I think it's fair to say the Titans have issues. Significant or not, I dunno, bit early to tell, but they have questions.

First, the WR's. Just terrible WR's mostly. McCareins is looking poor although had an ok game against the Texans. Gage is dinged up. Paul Williams has no place in the NFL. With KC the WR's have looked slightly better, but they've still dropped a few and can't be relied upon to do anything but bring in perfect passes, and even then it's iffy.

The OL is not that great so far in run blocking. Thank god for Chris Johnson, the leading AFC rusher at this point. The Titans would be lame without him. LenDale White is doing pretty poorly when he's not on the goalline. If Johnson goes down, the Titans offense is at a big disadvantage automatically.

Kerry Collins is Kerry Collins. Not a significant issue yet, but it could be if he doesn't defy his career to this point.

The Titans D is scary good, but lacks depth. Albert Haynesworth goes down, and how does the DL look? Osi goes down for the Giants and they don't seem to be skipping a beat. Jason Jones has looked good at DT but he's no Haynesworth. In fact, only Vickerson on the roster is close in size/role. It is an upgrade over the terrible Randy Starks last season, but DL depth remains a concern. DE is a little scary if Kearse goes down.

You're right though - the stats suggest the Titans are a very well rounded team right now. Almost like the Jags last season, if you minus a bit of passing effiency and add a bit more defensive ability anyway. Keep in mind, te combined record of the Titans opponents right now is 1-7 I believe. I think the Jags and Texans are better than their records at least, but it is what it is.

while I agree, I may have come accross overly aggressive, it just bothers me when someone make a blanket statement. Who, in the AFC has played better than the Titans to this point? We are moving the ball, shutting down on defense. If injuries were to occur, there would be a difference in the team that would play, but to say the titans have issues because if CJ goes down or haynesworth goes down were will have problems is not right. The Titans are playing damn near better than anyone in the AFC but we arent doing it with flash or big names and they deserve alot more credit than "they have signifigant issues". What AFC team right now would you say, if the Titans played them, they could dominate the Titans?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #13
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

2008 Denver Broncos = 2004 Green Bay Packers

Great Offense that can run with ANYBODY.

But a Defense that wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight. Funny thing is Bob Slowik was our Defensive Coordinator back in 04 and also promised to "blitz more" but we saw a defense drop from 14th the season before to 29th, the year he took over.

Hopefully THIS Broncos squad can do alot better than that 04 Packers team, which only managed to get put out the playoffs AT HOME to the Vikings, a team we had swept the season series with.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #14
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
I think it'll be the Chargers in the end. Maybe the Broncos, but that's a big maybe.

The Colts, Jags, Bills, Titans, Steelers, Pats, and Ravens all have significant issues.

I only see the Chargers being able to heal their warts and put a fully effective team together. Broncos still look a little young to be ready yet, but you never know.
Sounds about right. Every team has issues, even DEn and SD which you didn't mention (giving up a ton of points for DEn and well, you're 0-2 SD). What matters is the win/loss columns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:17 AM   #15
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
ok, ill bite, what signifigant issues do the Titans have? have you even watched a Titans game or just the highlights on ESPN. You come off like you know what your talking about but your post seems like some random comments with nothing to back up any statement you made. Oh lemme guess VY went crazy, the titans have issues right. Go look at some stats, red zone percentage, rushing yds, any defensive stat, and tell me the "Titans have signifigant issues".

Also, please explain how the "broncos look to be a little young yet". what the heck does that mean? stop trying to sound smart. The broncos are having a tough time on D right now, why dont you say that. They "Look to be a little young"
Wow. If you don't think the Titans have any issues (), then I don't know how we're going to debate this.

The Titans are one of my favorite teams. I'm a big fan of Fisher. But c'mon, they haven't beaten anyone yet. I've got to see more. KERRY COLLINS IS THEIR STARTING QUARTERBACK.

Go beat a couple of good teams, then we'll shower praise on those unbeatable, mighty Titans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 25

Right now, I'm definitely liking the chances of my titans reaching the playoffs. 3-0 baby!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »