Home

What are Michael Vick's Chances of an NFL Return?

This is a discussion on What are Michael Vick's Chances of an NFL Return? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #41
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What are Michael Vick's Chances of an NFL Return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog71
Cowboys always have too many people in the Pro Bowl. They had 12 last year. The Giants had 1.
Other than Williams and maybe Flozell Adams, everyone on the Cowboys that made it deserved it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 07:36 PM   #42
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by faster
Bahahahaah.... bahaahahahahaha.... Vick... 3 Pro Bowls. bahahahaah.

If he can play in the Pro Bowl, so too can Tavaris Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I really believe Matt Ryan is the real deal... but we'll see.
Maturity at its finest.

I'll echo wwharton's post. He played at an elite level. He wasn't a pure passing QB but, when healthy, he was an elite athlete in the NFL.

I've never been a Vick defender. In fact, I've been more than critical of him in the past, but no one can deny that he was a game changer.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #43
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

No ones saying he wasn't an elite athlete, but that isn't the same as being a great player on the field.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #44
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Aren't you being harsh? Wasn't there a stretch during his last year (or the year before) of 3-4 games in a row where he was absolutely amazing in the passing game? I think Vick's a lot better passer then Young has shown so far.
I'm not even going to debate with someone who A)is a falcons fan and saw Vick's entire career first hand and B)can not acknowledge the state of that franchise before and after Vick was drafted. The comparison to Young topped it off. For one, yes even Michael Vick was a better passer than Young is right now and two, Young will never be the runner that Vick was... partially b/c he can't and partially b/c he's just not that type of player.

We can get into how many different coaches and offensive systems the Falcons had during Vick's time as well as how many legitimate WR options, but then people will start calling me a huge Vick defender again.

Vick was as much of a traditional QB as Reggie Bush is a traditional RB. Football isn't about positions, it's about winning games. What he brought to the game effected defenses and helped the Falcons win. Regardless, if he does get back in the league he surely won't even be the same player as before he went in so the "Is Vick a good player" topic isn't really relevant and always just goes in circles.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #45
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
No ones saying he wasn't an elite athlete, but that isn't the same as being a great player on the field.
Okay....if that makes much sense.

However, I would disagree. Being the first QB in the history of the league to rush for 1,000 yards speaks to something.

My stance is that he wasn't an elite traditional QB but he did perform at an elite level at times throughout his career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #46
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
He wasn't up there with Peyton and Brady, obviously, but I'd definitely argue that he was a top ten QB with everything he brought to the table.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #47
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
Roy Williams goes every year, and he might be the worst strong safety in the league.

Vick has far too many legal battles ahead of him to even think about football.
Why are you so adamant about Vick not returning when your team employs the shadiest characters in the league?
Old 09-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #48
Rookie

kujoking7's Arena

OVR: 4

I think whichever team vick ends up on should change their name to the Fightin' Dawgs.

I was a falcon fan w/ vick and w/o him. He brought a good arm strength to the table (terrible accuracy, I'll admit) and great speed. When he played, instead of linebackers blitzing, they spied on him and gave him more time. When he left, the franchise went downhill with the loss of like half their team, including dunn, deangelo hall, algae, etc. If he comes back, he may be good because he is still under 30 years old, which ain't bad. The question is who will pay him what he wants? He probably will wan't a lot of money.

“Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.”

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »