Home

Titans vs. Vikings

This is a discussion on Titans vs. Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 07:21 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Titans vs. Vikings

Renegade, it's safe to say you're feeling really good about this game. Personally, I hope it goes the way you vision it. But I don't know, man..........

Defensive line wise, I would say the Vikes have a slight advantage. Personally I think Kevin Williams might be the best DT in the game and it'll be interesting to see the blocking assignments all around on the Titans' end. If the Vikes' D-Line is up to speed and they slip a blitz in there, it could be interesting to see how the Titans would counter that with very little quickness at the QB position.

Speaking of QBs, they are about even; I definitely can't endorse saying Gus is better than KFC, but I don't think there's a noticeable advantage either way.

I disagree with the poster who said Vikings' secondary is better; I think the Titans' secondary can hold its own. Cortland Finnegan is one of the more underrated CBs right now; he can play physical and make big plays. The Vikes have Darren Sharper, but we have Michael Griffin, who could be playing in the Pro Bowl if he keeps up his pace thus far. Not to mention veteran and former Nole Chris Hope.

My Umi says that the Vikings will cover the spread, but the Titans get one offensive touchdown and a big play on defense. Vikings get their typical AP offensive touchdown and Sidney Rice (who I like and would let see more PT if he's healthy) will be the most likely guy to catch a pass TD.

Titans 16
Vikings 14
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
Renegade, it's safe to say you're feeling really good about this game. Personally, I hope it goes the way you vision it. But I don't know, man..........

Defensive line wise, I would say the Vikes have a slight advantage. Personally I think Kevin Williams might be the best DT in the game and it'll be interesting to see the blocking assignments all around on the Titans' end. If the Vikes' D-Line is up to speed and they slip a blitz in there, it could be interesting to see how the Titans would counter that with very little quickness at the QB position.

Speaking of QBs, they are about even; I definitely can't endorse saying Gus is better than KFC, but I don't think there's a noticeable advantage either way.

I disagree with the poster who said Vikings' secondary is better; I think the Titans' secondary can hold its own. Cortland Finnegan is one of the more underrated CBs right now; he can play physical and make big plays. The Vikes have Darren Sharper, but we have Michael Griffin, who could be playing in the Pro Bowl if he keeps up his pace thus far. Not to mention veteran and former Nole Chris Hope.

My Umi says that the Vikings will cover the spread, but the Titans get one offensive touchdown and a big play on defense. Vikings get their typical AP offensive touchdown and Sidney Rice (who I like and would let see more PT if he's healthy) will be the most likely guy to catch a pass TD.

Titans 16
Vikings 14
I agree with everything you said, but the score. Vikings 24 Titans 17
Old 09-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #27
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I guess a serious problem I have is looking at the vikings as a legit team. I mean I am not the least bit interested in the vikings except for this week so my knowledge of them is limited. I know they were supposed to be a decent team but I am not looking at them like they are at this point, i mean gus ferrote is your qb lol.KFC has a 90 QB rating thus far and production wise is alot more productive statistically then the qb who we had on our playoff team last year. I mean how many times has KFC been sacked this year it lowest in the league in sacks and hits on QB and the Titans are 1 in hits in QB. I am against anyone saying the Vikings are a mirror image of the Titans.

another thing is the Titans rep. I mean if we were to smoke the vikings, on the forums and in the media, it would be about how bad of a game the vikings had and not how good of a game the titans playd an it would be the completeopposite if the titans get whooped.

If we beat the vikings, next week the ravenswill be saying big deal you beat Jax,cin,hou,andMin. just as the vikings fans are saying it now.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I guess a serious problem I have is looking at the vikings as a legit team. I mean I am not the least bit interested in the vikings except for this week so my knowledge of them is limited. I know they were supposed to be a decent team but I am not looking at them like they are at this point, i mean gus ferrote is your qb lol.KFC has a 90 QB rating thus far and production wise is alot more productive statistically then the qb who we had on our playoff team last year. I mean how many times has KFC been sacked this year it lowest in the league in sacks and hits on QB and the Titans are 1 in hits in QB. I am against anyone saying the Vikings are a mirror image of the Titans.

another thing is the Titans rep. I mean if we were to smoke the vikings, on the forums and in the media, it would be about how bad of a game the vikings had and not how good of a game the titans playd an it would be the completeopposite if the titans get whooped.

If we beat the vikings, next week the ravenswill be saying big deal you beat Jax,cin,hou,andMin. just as the vikings fans are saying it now.

You can say all you want about the Vikings, but they have the number 1 rushing D and the number 1 rushing O. Sure it was last year, but if they can find a decent QB they can be Super Bowl bound. Can you say that for the Titans. You will see how hard it is to stop our running attack and you will see just how much pressure Collins is under. I still say the Vikings will find some way to lose this game, they are good for that, but it wont be from the Titans beating them. In reality teams that lose games beat themselves. The NFL is so talent and they have so many coaches and great players on all the teams. Just look at last years Super Bowl. It really is a league of "Any Given Sunday!"
Old 09-25-2008, 08:24 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44

I don't know man, at least we are getting a little respect from the ESPN Pollsters at #4, which is higher than I expected us to get and highest in the AFC. I was waiting for them to put one of those 1-2 teams ahead of Tennessee myself.

You're right about the Titans rep and not "having it like that" like the big market teams, but if the Titans go 4-0, I think many people will start to at least look at us as one of the Top 3 teams in the AFC, if they don't now.

Scottdau, you did say that the Vikings find a legit QB, they are potentially Super Bowl bound, but seemed hesitant to say the same about Tennessee. I know it's a long season, but at this point in the game, I'd say there are more teams in the NFC that are better than Minnesota than teams in the AFC better than Tennessee. If you want to count at home, I'll say at least 4 in the NFC including a team in your division, and maybe 3 in the AFC, assuming San Diego lives up to the hype they are getting thus far. Minny's probably going to want at least 2 of these next three road games before the bye to keep morale up.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #30
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Titans 16
Vikings 14
Now this qualifies as "looking at it from the outside", well done.

I would have trouble disagreeing with much of anything you said, though I think I would rather have Collins. I'll be amazed if either team scores 20 points without some type of ST/defensive touchdown.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
I don't know man, at least we are getting a little respect from the ESPN Pollsters at #4, which is higher than I expected us to get and highest in the AFC. I was waiting for them to put one of those 1-2 teams ahead of Tennessee myself.

You're right about the Titans rep and not "having it like that" like the big market teams, but if the Titans go 4-0, I think many people will start to at least look at us as one of the Top 3 teams in the AFC, if they don't now.

Scottdau, you did say that the Vikings find a legit QB, they are potentially Super Bowl bound, but seemed hesitant to say the same about Tennessee. I know it's a long season, but at this point in the game, I'd say there are more teams in the NFC that are better than Minnesota than teams in the AFC better than Tennessee. If you want to count at home, I'll say at least 4 in the NFC including a team in your division, and maybe 3 in the AFC, assuming San Diego lives up to the hype they are getting thus far. Minny's probably going to want at least 2 of these next three road games before the bye to keep morale up.
I don't know that much about the Titans. Um I don't know about that Vikings comment. I think the Colts and Pats and other teams would beat the Titans. Tell you the truth they are the same team. I do think your Division will tough to win. We have a better shot of us winning are as you do yours.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #32
Banned

There is the million dollar question. Would you want Collins are Gus? Hm, interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »