Home

Kurt Warner almost retired...

This is a discussion on Kurt Warner almost retired... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2008, 02:44 AM   #9
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Kurt Warner almost retired...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Soldier
Thoughts??? He better not retire. The Warner to Boldin connection I have going in my fantasy football league has me at 5-0!

Show me the money and then you can retire!
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 10-08-2008, 11:05 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Mort said it was blown out of proportion. I thought he thought about retiring right after that game, but Mort said it was more of after the season.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 25

Warner is a nice guy with a lot of class. He'll get some Hall of Fame consideration when the time comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 02:37 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
Just a class act. A devout christian (when his job is primarly on sundays.) Then this??? No one and I mean NO ONE in the league would even flirt with the thought of retirement after something like this. Just shows what kind of character this man has. He never fails to impress me.
You know everyone in the league?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:40 AM   #13
Banned

I honestly thought this was all a publicity thing, but as has been reported it was the media that blew it out of proportion. I don't understand why this makes him a class act? To quit on his team because he made a bad pass? I think all 52 other players on the roster would be looking at him crazy, saying your going to quit on us because of an injury.

Do you think that big left tackle should think about retiring everytime he misses a block and the QB gets his bell rung and has a concussion??

This is football right?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:05 AM   #14
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
I honestly thought this was all a publicity thing, but as has been reported it was the media that blew it out of proportion. I don't understand why this makes him a class act? To quit on his team because he made a bad pass? I think all 52 other players on the roster would be looking at him crazy, saying your going to quit on us because of an injury.

Do you think that big left tackle should think about retiring everytime he misses a block and the QB gets his bell rung and has a concussion??

This is football right?
I take it you don't have many friends. Your just one of those guys who finds the negative in everything. I understand being negative when there are facts on the table, but your comment is just an assumption. That makes it pathetic. Or are you just different for attention? If that's the case then you accomplished your goal of having me reply to your post. People like you are just too funny...
Old 10-10-2008, 05:02 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke

This is football right?
I don't think the people who think of Warner as a class act, think that based on this one instance alone. It's based on his entire career. I don't know exactly how Kurt was in St. Louis, but as a Cardinal, I can say he's got class for sure.

He takes responsibility for everthing that happens on the field. When he's taking snaps and they lose, he could easily say how the playcalling is crap, or how his receivers are too slow to get open, or how the Oline doesn't like to block, or how he has no running backs. He doesn't. He'll take the blame for the loss.

When he was benched in favor of Leinart, he could of easily made a big deal about it. Instead of him pouting in a corner while the new guy took the snaps, you would always see Kurt coaching Leinart up.

He's a class act becuase even though he plays for a team like the Cardinals, I truely believe that he thinks he could still win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
I take it you don't have many friends. Your just one of those guys who finds the negative in everything. I understand being negative when there are facts on the table, but your comment is just an assumption. That makes it pathetic. Or are you just different for attention? If that's the case then you accomplished your goal of having me reply to your post. People like you are just too funny...
What are you talking about? That was my first reaction when I heard it. I don't know Kurt Warner but I do know professional athletes get endorsement deals and their image is a big part of that.

My point to the post was - why can a quarterback say this and be called a class act and if a lineman, linebacker or any other player who possibly ended someone's career and thought about retiring - would be called a wimp or a headcase. If he said he was retiring he would be called out for quitting on the team. That was my point - you missed it being caught up in your hero worship.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »