Home

Marshawn Lynch Blog: Sad How This Dude Is Getting Exposed

This is a discussion on Marshawn Lynch Blog: Sad How This Dude Is Getting Exposed within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Marshawn Lynch Blog: Sad How This Dude Is Getting Exposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdog
This is hate. You think that's funny? I don't. Marshawn's blog reads just like that ad. The people that really hate,love seeing this kind of stuff because that's exactly how they want us to act.

Some of us understand our not so distant past. We want to move on and breakdown these type of sterotypes. Sadly, some of us continue to embrace them. AGAIN,I don't feel hate. I feel disappointment.
My point is, it's America, and he can do whatever the hell he wants to do. If he spoke perfectly straight english, graduated from Princeton and Harvard and have three degrees, he's still going to be viewed as a N!GG to "Haters". My point is I could give a sh!t what people think especially when I'm making money and living my dream. If he wanted to type in French, or Spanish, it's his prerogative. I know about the history of African American's and the hardships, but it only perpetuates a stereotype only if you let it. I'm not mad at you, I understand what your saying, and it's not the so distant past man, racism is strong as ever before especially with this election. I enjoyed chopping it up with you. If you ever want to take this off the board hit me up on twitter stead21, or AIM at novskyline80.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
What is funny and or sad about it?
...the fact that he attended Berkeley and still doesn't have a grasp of the English language.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:59 PM   #59
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stead21
My point is, it's America, and he can do whatever the hell he wants to do. If he spoke perfectly straight english, graduated from Princeton and Harvard and have three degrees, he's still going to be viewed as a N!GG to "Haters".
Your right,and you know what's sad? He'll be called that by some of his friends as well. We call each other the same word the "KKK" does. Term of endearment my a$$. I won't go any further on that subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stead21
My point is I could give a sh!t what people think especially when I'm making money and living my dream. If he wanted to type in French, or Spanish, it's his prerogative. I know about the history of African American's and the hardships, but it only perpetuates a stereotype only if you let it. I'm not mad at you, I understand what your saying, and it's not the so distant past man, racism is strong as ever before especially with this election. I enjoyed chopping it up with you. If you ever want to take this off the board hit me up on twitter stead21, or AIM at novskyline80.
I respect you as well. We just don't share the same opinion. That's nothing new or fatal. My only care is to raise my 13 year old son to be the best man he can be. Character,culture and education are a must to be successful. The sports and entertaiment fields don't always put a premium on that. As his father,I do. He will be prepared for life. He will not be an embarrassment to his family or race.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 10-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
This is hate.You think that's funny? I don't. Marshawn's blog reads just like that ad. The people that really hate,love seeing this kind of stuff because that's exactly how they want us to act.

Some of us understand our not so distant past. We want to move on and breakdown these type of sterotypes. Sadly, some of us continue to embrace them. AGAIN,I don't feel hate. I feel disappointment.
See "they" also want all people to work a nice 9-5 job earn, say yes sir and no ma'am and dare not express themselves in a way outside the mainstream hallmark card America.

Same thing your talking about from the other side of the equation. Same stereotype, same history and the same pressures.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #61
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30

That is appalling. It shows the amount of ignorant racism in our country. Just appalling.
That's from the 1930's and your absolutely right,it is appalling. My father is 83 and he had to deal with that type of bigotry growing up. He also fought very hard to change it. That's why I have such a problem with Marshawn's writing. It goes way beyond money and fame. People lost their lives trying to change the perception that Cream of Wheat ad dished out. I don't find people of my race writing that way funny or cool. I voice my opinion like my father before me. Sad thing is I get called names by my own people for doing so. Times sure have changed.

Last edited by Jackdog; 10-12-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Your right,and you know what's sad? He'll be called that by some of his friends as well. We call each other the same word the "KKK" does. Term of endearment my a$$. I won't go any further on that subject.

I respect you as well. We just don't share the same opinion. That's nothing new or fatal. My only care is to raise my 13 year old son to be the best man he can be. Character,culture and education are a must to be successful. The sports and entertaiment fields don't always put a premium on that. As his father,I do. He will be prepared for life. He will not be an embarrassment to his family or race.
For the record, I think his grammar is horrible and I personally would not write how he does. But I just feel there are people who are pointing this out for the wrong reasons.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:51 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 16

Timeout....

IS IT REALLY THAT SERIOUS?

Jackdog you act as if he is your son's teacher....lol
Old 10-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #64
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Timeout....

IS IT REALLY THAT SERIOUS?

Jackdog you act as if he is your son's teacher....lol
LOL!! What can I say man, I'm his father. It's the most important job I've ever been blessed with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »