Home

Pacman suspended for 4 games

This is a discussion on Pacman suspended for 4 games within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #81
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Pacman suspended for 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
and the great thing is that he is going to get one more chance. I hope he ends up more Chris Carter than Lawrence Phillups.

Peace
Chris Carter had substance abuse issues (at least alcohol) but I don't remember him being involved with anything violent, let alone multiple acts of violence, arrests, etc. I could be wrong but I don't think they can be compared at all. I also don't remember Carter getting kicked out of the league for a year, coming back and completely violating NFL and legal probation requirements. You know I'm all about paying your debt to society (or the league) and then coming back for another chance but this guy not only does not get it but he's a danger to himself and others. He doesn't deserve anymore. I think he's already Lawrence Phillips.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 05:29 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Chris Carter had substance abuse issues (at least alcohol) but I don't remember him being involved with anything violent, let alone multiple acts of violence, arrests, etc. I could be wrong but I don't think they can be compared at all. I also don't remember Carter getting kicked out of the league for a year, coming back and completely violating NFL and legal probation requirements. You know I'm all about paying your debt to society (or the league) and then coming back for another chance but this guy not only does not get it but he's a danger to himself and others. He doesn't deserve anymore. I think he's already Lawrence Phillips.
Chris Carter played when this type of news wasn't blasted over 24 hour sport channels. I am a big Carter fan. I remember him balling for Ohio St. He was balling for the Eagles and then Buddy traded him. No one and I mean no one knew why. Chris Berman for years would say the only thing Carter could do was catch touchdowns because that was one of the explanation Buddy gave for trading Carter.

If Chris had this substance abuse issue now everyone and their mothers would know about his issues. Can you imagine a coach taking the heat for trading a star player and not giving the media a true reason why he was traded. Chris is an example that someone could turn their life around and I am still hoping Adam could do the same.

I am happy Adam was suspended. If he get a chance to start his recovery then it is cool.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #83
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Chris Carter played when this type of news wasn't blasted over 24 hour sport channels. I am a big Carter fan. I remember him balling for Ohio St. He was balling for the Eagles and then Buddy traded him. No one and I mean no one knew why. Chris Berman for years would say the only thing Carter could do was catch touchdowns because that was one of the explanation Buddy gave for trading Carter.

If Chris had this substance abuse issue now everyone and their mothers would know about his issues. Can you imagine a coach taking the heat for trading a star player and not giving the media a true reason why he was traded. Chris is an example that someone could turn their life around and I am still hoping Adam could do the same.

I am happy Adam was suspended. If he get a chance to start his recovery then it is cool.
My point is Carter didn't have a history of violence. I'm not saying that the substance abuse isn't important but honestly, in terms of football, it's not. The violence is what makes Pacman's situations a problem. I don't know all the facts but Carter spoke on things himself just a couple of days ago and he only talked about substance abuse. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong but Carter was only "punished" once. He was traded and in Minnesota he woke up and realized he had to straighten out. Pacman has been hit by the league, the law, the thought of leaving a man paralyzed. He went to the strip club the day before a meeting with Goddell about the club incident. He was kicked completely out of the league for a year and as soon as he got back in he's back at the clubs, back drinking and back starting fights?

No way you can compare him to Chris Carter. Lawerence Phillips, most definitely.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
My point is Carter didn't have a history of violence. I'm not saying that the substance abuse isn't important but honestly, in terms of football, it's not. The violence is what makes Pacman's situations a problem. I don't know all the facts but Carter spoke on things himself just a couple of days ago and he only talked about substance abuse. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong but Carter was only "punished" once. He was traded and in Minnesota he woke up and realized he had to straighten out. Pacman has been hit by the league, the law, the thought of leaving a man paralyzed. He went to the strip club the day before a meeting with Goddell about the club incident. He was kicked completely out of the league for a year and as soon as he got back in he's back at the clubs, back drinking and back starting fights?

No way you can compare him to Chris Carter. Lawerence Phillips, most definitely.
My point that Chris played in an era when players did things and it wasn't on tv the next day. In this environment the best player I ever seen would never played. LT was a friggin wild man in the biggest media center in the world and his issues wasn't broadcast to the world. Our reaction to certain players and their problems are based on our knowledge of their behavior.

Some players aren't mature enough to be professional athletes and Adam may be one of those players. Phillups was bordering as a special talent and I think Adam is a one of the mill corner back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »