Home

Vick back in 09!

This is a discussion on Vick back in 09! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Vick back in 09!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's always funny to see what people will say to justify someone's bad behavior. Deflecting what he did, doesn't make it any less reprehensible.
but im not justifying his behavior, people can't seem to understand why people are mentioning these things so im telling people why. if anything hunting from a non-biased point is worst than dog fighting. with hunting you kill for the **** and a trophy of the kill on your wall. with dogfighting especially with vick, it was a business to make money.

Quote:
Whether gambling should or shouldn't be legal, whether it is or it isn't legal, doesn't matter when dealing with professional athletes for more than obvious reasons.
im talking in general though, if you don't believe gambling should be a crime then really you don't believe vick should be in jail. him being a professional athlete has nothing to do with it.
Quote:
It's become my favorite feature. Although I do miss reading vickhalloffame's posts for his "insight" on the way the world works.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #98
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickhalloffame
but im not justifying his behavior, people can't seem to understand why people are mentioning these things so im telling people why. if anything hunting from a non-biased point is worst than dog fighting. with hunting you kill for the **** and a trophy of the kill on your wall. with dogfighting especially with vick, it was a business to make money.
If you're not justifying it, then what are you doing? Because that looks like an awful lot of justificiation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickhalloffame
im talking in general though, if you don't believe gambling should be a crime then really you don't believe vick should be in jail. him being a professional athlete has nothing to do with it.
Whether I believe it should or shouldn't be is besides the point. It is illegal, and a felony, and he knew that and was caught. So yes he should be in jail.

On top of that, whether it's legal or not, him running a gambling ring and associating with known gamblers means the league has to really be careful about letting him back in, again for more than obvious reasons.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
If you're not justifying it, then what are you doing? Because that looks like an awful lot of justificiation.
im giving a reason on why people might be comparing the two. i guess i could be justifying it.

Quote:
Whether I believe it should or shouldn't be is besides the point. It is illegal, and a felony, and he knew that and was caught. So yes he should be in jail.

On top of that, whether it's legal or not, him running a gambling ring and associating with known gamblers means the league has to really be careful about letting him back in, again for more than obvious reasons.
which is exactly what i think, i don't believe it should be illegal but it is and so yes he should be in jail. does not mean i can't voice my opinion on whether it should be legal or not, or that anyone else should not be able to say that he shouldn't be in jail for doing something they think is not wrong at all.
Quote:
It's become my favorite feature. Although I do miss reading vickhalloffame's posts for his "insight" on the way the world works.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:12 PM   #100

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Martz would have to be gone, because his skill set does not mesh with the Martz offense at all.
I know, Im fully aware of that, but the owner York cares much more about money then winning and I wouldnt be shocked to see him force Vick into the Martz offense, watch it explode and then hire some unproven OC to replace him setting our offense back again.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #101
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Vick is a thug,,,as is Pacman. It amazes me how these millionaires who play a game, can ruin it by being stupid.

Any team that gives Vick a chance is stupid. He was a rb and thats it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »