Home

Chargers at Bills.

This is a discussion on Chargers at Bills. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #129
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Chargers at Bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
I think the AFC West is the 2nd worst division in football this year after the AFC North, then again, with performances like all of us are having lately we are probably the worst division in the NFL at this point.

Even the Broncos being up a game (or possibly two if they beat NE) still means nothing, whoever comes out of this division this year wont make the Super Bowl, and it's frustrating for the Broncos and Charger fans since there is so much promise. The Broncos D sucks, and the Chargers always end up choking against teams they should beat, nothing has changed from last year as of yet. Maybe a big trade will make the difference.

I don't even think with LT back at full health that the Chargers would be in the top 3 AFC teams, let alone the NFC has pretty much caught up with the AFC as of late and it just doesn't look good for any of the AFC West....
Even a 100% healthy LT wouldn't be able to run when the online isn't producing any holes. Our run game is not very good. They aren't very physical at the line of scrimmage.

As for the West being one of the worst if not the worst division I agree completely. The Broncos and the Chargers have the same issues this year with the offense being able to put up points (usually) and the D just giving them right back. Your also right in the fact that whoever does come out of the west will more then likely make a quick exit in the playoffs. Again, this sucks.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:53 PM   #130
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

What year is LT in?

Old 10-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #131
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
What year is LT in?
8th year this season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2008, 07:46 PM   #132
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
8th year this season
Which in HB years means he's getting up there. He has maybe 2-4 solid seasons in him if he can stay healthy. I still have confidence in him and I hope this team can get him to a Super Bowl.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Well, just about at the halfway point of the season and under .500.

Can't wait for all the AJ and Norv apologists to start with their normal excuses.
After seeing how the team is completely different on the road (that is, flat, no fire, no passion, etc.), then one does have to question the head coach. It is very troubling to see this team with absolutely no passion when playing on the road. In my opinion, this falls on the head coach. What is Norv doing (or not doing) to get his team ready to play on the road?!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #134
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm not going to defend Norv, the d coordinator... even the players. I haven't watched them as closely as some of the Bolt fans here so I'll differ, in general, to their opinons.

But I don't know if I'd say it's Norv's fault they lost THIS game b/c he couldn't motivate them to play on the road. This is one of those West to East coast games that limit the traveling team's practice time and has them essentially playing at 10AM. A betting man would always pick the home team in this situation when two teams look relatively close on paper. Add that LT's got a serious toe issue, Chambers didn't play and Merriman's out and everyone should've been expecting the Bills to win this one.

Again, it's not to say the general thought in your post isn't true, but THIS game would've been a tough one for any coach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »