Home

Benedict Favre?

This is a discussion on Benedict Favre? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #73
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Benedict Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faster
Probably an overreation indeed on my part. Regardless, I see that type of move as absolutely despicable.
Trust me, I agree... and have also said the same as you about Favre for years. If I saw the guy at a bar I wouldn't want to sit down and get a drink with him... but that'd be the extent of my feelings toward him off the football field.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #74
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Trust me, I agree... and have also said the same as you about Favre for years. If I saw the guy at a bar I wouldn't want to sit down and get a drink with him... but that'd be the extent of my feelings toward him off the football field.
Yeah, I probably wouldn't haul off and smack him... but it wouldn't take me much convincing......... certainly he's not a guy I'd just keep my cool with.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #75
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I saw clips of the presser. All i'll have to say is that Favre looked and sounded like a politician trying to spin things so that he doesn't look as bad as he is in reality.

Favre is the biggest jackhole in all of sports.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 4

The fact that anyone bought this is hilarious. Give it another year and you can all have your Kellen Winslows and Pacman Jones, and the impending return of Michael Vick over Brett Favre.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #77
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

This is an absolute travesty, and the game should be taken off the books and replayed. If Detroit did not have this crucial insider information, they would never have been able to hold Green Bay to 48 points.

I don't think I can watch this league anymore. What a shame it is that for 80+ years, this sport has been played with honor and fairness, and only recently became a league of cheaters.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #78
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
This is an absolute travesty, and the game should be taken off the books and replayed. If Detroit did not have this crucial insider information, they would never have been able to hold Green Bay to 48 points.

I don't think I can watch this league anymore. What a shame it is that for 80+ years, this sport has been played with honor and fairness, and only recently became a league of cheaters.
Nobody said there aren't cheaters in the NFL. People are saying Farve is an ahole... two completely different things. But if you want to focus on that part of the story to make him seem like a better guy, knock yourself out. Just don't really know why you would.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #79
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I lost a little respect for Favre over the whole waffling on retirement as I didn't think he was being fair to the Packers. The guy has talked about retirement for awhile and then as soon as they draft a QB to replace him in Rodgers, he bitches about how that doesn't help the team. What did you expect? I lost a lot more respect when he said it wasn't his job to help develop Aaron Rodgers. Now that's a great teammate and we see how nice he's been to Aaron since then.

Furthermore, in the recent offseason, some of the things Favre was bitching about was not re-signing Wahle and Rivera, not interviewing Mariucci, etc. He felt like they weren't listening to him. Newsflash Brett: You aren't the Packers GM. Plus those were great decisions in not listening to you. McCarthy has been great and those two OL were overpaid busts at their new teams.

He just seems more selfish after everything I read.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:42 PM   #80
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
The bloody hell you talking about? Or are you just rambling on for no reason?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »