Home

49ers vs Giants

This is a discussion on 49ers vs Giants within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #25
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 49ers vs Giants

My girlfriend is a huge 49ers fan, and since I am a Giiants fan, she won't talk or text me today. LOL..

The J.T. experiment has been a failure so far. He is a turnover machine. I agree with the other posts that Shaun Hill should have been named the starter. He played very well at the end of the year last seson, they signed him to a 3-yr. extension, and then never gave him a fair chance to beat out J.T., who knew Martz's playbook from last year.

However, the offensive line has looked really bad the past few games. Combine that with J.T. holding the ball way too long in the pocket, and you have a recipe for disaster.

They need to get back to the basics. Run the ball with Gore, then playaction to Vernon Davis. He is a superstar waiing to happen, they just don't get him the ball enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2008, 07:50 PM   #26

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

They dont get Vernon the ball because he still doesnt know the entire playbook and because our offensive line is so inept they end up keeping him in to block constantly. This team is in major trouble, things looked promising after our first few games, even in the loss to Arizona, but now its really tough to go into any games with any confidence that we are going to win that game. Gore's touches seem to be going down week by week and Isaac Bruce has problems getting open at times and Bryant Johnson has vanished, not a big shocker there.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 15

Hey, Giants fans...5-1!

Steelers than Cowboys and Eagles?

if we can be at least 7-2 after the next stretch of 3, than we are racing...
Old 10-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #28
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
They dont get Vernon the ball because he still doesnt know the entire playbook and because our offensive line is so inept they end up keeping him in to block constantly. This team is in major trouble, things looked promising after our first few games, even in the loss to Arizona, but now its really tough to go into any games with any confidence that we are going to win that game. Gore's touches seem to be going down week by week and Isaac Bruce has problems getting open at times and Bryant Johnson has vanished, not a big shocker there.
If Davis doesn't know the playbook yet, then I would simplify it for him. It's all about the matchups with him, as he can outrun LB's, and run over CB's and Safety's. I think their playcalling has been bad lately, too many 7 step drops. J.T. has to get rid of the ball faster, especially with the O-Line having trouble blocking.

I noticed the defense started out in a 4-3 today. Was that a one game thing? Or have they been doing it for a few weeks?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #29

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20
If Davis doesn't know the playbook yet, then I would simplify it for him. It's all about the matchups with him, as he can outrun LB's, and run over CB's and Safety's. I think their playcalling has been bad lately, too many 7 step drops. J.T. has to get rid of the ball faster, especially with the O-Line having trouble blocking.

I noticed the defense started out in a 4-3 today. Was that a one game thing? Or have they been doing it for a few weeks?
We rarely run a 4-3 but there are times we do when we face big, strong RB's like Jacobs today.

In terms of the playcalling changing, thats not gonna happen. Martz got Kitna killed on a weekly basis in Detroit with the same thing and he never changed a thing there, he sure as hell isnt going to do it for JT. Vernon is a bust imo, he drops way too many passes, runs sloppy routes and isnt the smartest guy in the world either. The Niners need to put him in the slot and have Walker at TE, its either Johnson-Bruce-Davis in a 3 wide set or sub Battle for Johnson but they need to get Davis flanked out more to get those mismatches.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #30
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
We rarely run a 4-3 but there are times we do when we face big, strong RB's like Jacobs today.

In terms of the playcalling changing, thats not gonna happen. Martz got Kitna killed on a weekly basis in Detroit with the same thing and he never changed a thing there, he sure as hell isnt going to do it for JT. Vernon is a bust imo, he drops way too many passes, runs sloppy routes and isnt the smartest guy in the world either. The Niners need to put him in the slot and have Walker at TE, its either Johnson-Bruce-Davis in a 3 wide set or sub Battle for Johnson but they need to get Davis flanked out more to get those mismatches.
What are the odds that Nolan and Martz are both gone at the end of the season? Like you said, Kitna got killed last year by Martz. Football is a game of making adjustments. Someone should remind Martz that he's not coaching the Greatest Show on Turf anymore. He is smart, but he has been with 3 teams now in the past 4 years. I think he is still living off his Rep. The 49ers have talent, but he is not getting it out of his offense.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:57 AM   #31

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20
What are the odds that Nolan and Martz are both gone at the end of the season? Like you said, Kitna got killed last year by Martz. Football is a game of making adjustments. Someone should remind Martz that he's not coaching the Greatest Show on Turf anymore. He is smart, but he has been with 3 teams now in the past 4 years. I think he is still living off his Rep. The 49ers have talent, but he is not getting it out of his offense.
Im not sure since Im not aware of who was the leading voice in bringing in Martz in the first place, if it was Nolan then he may go but if it was the GM or York then he will stay. Martz' system will only work with a smart, quick thinking QB with an offensive line that can block and those are two things we dont have in SF so it was a terrible fit from the start. If Martz stays then we need a new QB and we need to beef our line and then we might finally see an offense that can move the ball consistently.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »