Home

Jets @ Raiders

This is a discussion on Jets @ Raiders within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Jets @ Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Exactly Sandman

My biggest beef is that this move put off the inevitable development of a franchise signal-caller. Favre, at best, gives you 2 years of time. Now the question was whether the Jets would be competitive in those two years... I said the answer was no and I still believe it. This team is still flawed from top to bottom.

Brian Brohm was sitting on the board and I would have loved to have him in the wings. Next years QB class stinks too. They like Clemens for some reason- man, those short, spread option QBs have such a good track record in this league.
To be fair about that Brohm hasn't looked all to hot for the Packers so far. He's gotten passed on the depth chart by Matt Flynn.

Also when are we going to fire Brian Schottenheimer? The playcalling the past 2 seasons have been awful. Jones runs for 150+ today and we barely ran any playaction passes the entire game. He still runs the offense like Pennington was in it. Aside from the Arizona game there has hardly been any play calls going down the field. Its the same dink and dunk offense that we have ran for the past 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #106
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Yeah, I don't even remember any playaction plays. Jones was tearing the Raiders a new one which makes the lack of PA even more baffling.

Favre doesn't run PA as well as Chad but he still does a good job. The offense, Favre and Schottenheimer in particular, stunk. Jones was the saving grace today.

One other thing, Favre got bailed out from a 0 TD-3 INT performance and a potential pick 6 by Huff's stone hands. I don't say this often, but I think I could have caught that softball that Favre tossed up.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #107
Banned

Spence31's Arena

OVR: 5

Old 10-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

The Jets forums are all calling for Schottenheimer and Mangini's heads. If there is one thing I agree with them though is that we were playing the game not to lose today. Pretty much conservative playcalling the whole game.

You've got Favre, Cotchery, and Coles, there is no reason we shouldn't be taking more shots downfield.

Last edited by Sandman42; 10-19-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:02 PM   #109
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
WHAT THE **** HUFF!!!??
I have to say that I am very disappointed in Michael Huff. I saw him play extensively at UT and was really happy the Raiders drafted him.

I thought he could be a real playmaker at the NFL level, but he has done absoultely nothing. Doesn't cover, doesn't tackle, and for a supposed ball hawk, he can't catch a cold.

I thought the move to FS, his natural position would help, but he's not playing much better than Stuart Schweigert did.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:51 PM   #110
Banned

Spence31's Arena

OVR: 5

give Huff time, I think he needs to adapt to his position change

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »