Home

Things are set up real nice for...

This is a discussion on Things are set up real nice for... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #25
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Things are set up real nice for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
All I know is I hope ya'll dont overlook us and think you're gonna beat us the way you did the Chiefs or the Bengals.
I'm really worried about the Packers game. We should be ready for the Colts, with it being our first nationally televised game, against the team that has dominated the division for years, on our own turf... the team will definitely be up for the game. But 6 days later, we have the Packers coming to town... after they've had 14 days to prepare. Add in the fact that the Packers are probably better than anyone the Titans have played... just have a bad feeling about that game. The week after is pretty bad too... at Chicago. Two very losable games in back-to-back weeks.

Not too worried about the Colts though. Think we've got their number.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #26
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You do realize that the only person saying the Titans haven't beaten anybody is you, right? You brought it up in this thread... you harped on it in the other thread which started in like week 3 or 4. Who, exactly are you arguing with? Most people and media outlets have the Titans listed as the #1 team in the NFL right now.

look man, im fighting with myself.

it was mentioned by someone at the begining of this thread but the 10-0 thread i should have posted it in, also fox, espn, have said the titans havent played anyone, cant score points,etc. Deon and co on nfl network hae given us credit.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #27
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Steve Young said yesterday the Titans won't go far because you need to score 30 on demand to win in the playoffs.

How many times did the Giants score 30 last postseason?

Oh, oops, not once.

What about the Colts in 2006/07?

Once, in a shootout against the Pats.

I hate to play the "whinning fan of disrespected team" card, because it seems most fans of a winning team not called the Cowboys or Patriots feel the same at one point or another, but it really, really is getting harder to resist. Whether it's the preseason disrespect from 99% of analysts systematically placing the Titans 4th in the AFC South despite a strong 07, or the desperate scrambling of analysts reaching to find reasons why the Titans won't be good like poor old Steve Young's pathetic attempt above, there's enough here to drive a Titans fan nuts if they cared enough about what others thought.

However, there are some guys out there who get it, so it's not all bad. It's not like the Titans and their 6-0 start is being ignored or anything, but you do get the impression it's more a case of "aww how cute, the Titans are winning thanks to an open AFC with a piss easy schedule" than anything else, and that many can't wait until they can apparently drop off out of the picture so they don't have to deal with a team without a QB or a WR to spend half of Sport Center talking about.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #28
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
look man, im fighting with myself.

it was mentioned by someone at the begining of this thread but the 10-0 thread i should have posted it in, also fox, espn, have said the titans havent played anyone, cant score points,etc. Deon and co on nfl network hae given us credit.
lol, as long as you know. I don't remember anyone bringing it up in this thread (I'll admit I didn't go back and look but it'd be helpful if you quoted the guy so it doesn't seem like you mean every non-titans fan). The 10-0 thread doesn't count. That thread was made about 3 weeks ago. Before you played MIN then BAL I gave you credit for beating the teams you're supposed to but still felt those were must wins to be crowned, and they got the job done. I haven't seen anything on these boards saying otherwise since those wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Steve Young said yesterday the Titans won't go far because you need to score 30 on demand to win in the playoffs.

Oh, oops, not once.

I hate to play the "whinning fan of disrespected team" card, because it seems most fans of a winning team not called the Cowboys or Patriots feel the same at one point or another, but it really, really is getting harder to resist. Whether it's the preseason disrespect from 99% of analysts systematically placing the Titans 4th in the AFC South despite a strong 07, or the desperate scrambling of analysts reaching to find reasons why the Titans won't be good like poor old Steve Young's pathetic attempt above, there's enough here to drive a Titans fan nuts if they cared enough about what others thought.

However, there are some guys out there who get it, so it's not all bad. It's not like the Titans and their 6-0 start is being ignored or anything, but you do get the impression it's more a case of "aww how cute, the Titans are winning thanks to an open AFC with a piss easy schedule" than anything else, and that many can't wait until they can apparently drop off out of the picture so they don't have to deal with a team without a QB or a WR to spend half of Sport Center talking about.
I can understand this. Analysts have to find something to stir the pot... feel free to go off on them. Just don't go off on us here. Unless we deserve it. Maybe a more appropriate response at this point, Renegade, would be "I told you so."
Old 10-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #29
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza

Oh, oops, not once.

who the **** cares about "respect". You arent on the team. It isnt a personal insult to your manhood when someone says the titans arent the best team of all time. They still have the same games the rest of the year and then their chance in the playoffs regardless of what talking heads say on tv.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #30
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
who the **** cares about "respect". You arent on the team. It isnt a personal insult to your manhood when someone says the titans arent the best team of all time. They still have the same games the rest of the year and then their chance in the playoffs regardless of what talking heads say on tv.

you know that dude who like plays RPG's and he thinks hes a wizard or some crap? well, yeah, im just about there with the Tennessee Titans.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:42 PM   #31
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
I'm not talking about myself, I couldn't care less. Hell, I hardly watch any sport shows. It's just a critique of these so called analysts, which they deserve when they say stupid stuff like Young did. And as I said, for a Titans fan who would care, you can see how it would be annoying. But it's not like it's new, not even to the Titans themselves - it's the same as it was during the last Superbowl period - so it's something I've grown to ignore, but it doesn't mean it's not there, and we should expect better insight from people who get paid to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
All I know is I hope ya'll dont overlook us and think you're gonna beat us the way you did the Chiefs or the Bengals.
Nah, I think Fishers to good of a coach to let that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog71
I'm really worried about the Packers game. We should be ready for the Colts, with it being our first nationally televised game, against the team that has dominated the division for years, on our own turf... the team will definitely be up for the game. But 6 days later, we have the Packers coming to town... after they've had 14 days to prepare. Add in the fact that the Packers are probably better than anyone the Titans have played... just have a bad feeling about that game. The week after is pretty bad too... at Chicago. Two very losable games in back-to-back weeks.

Not too worried about the Colts though. Think we've got their number.
Me too, kinda. I'm worried about Collins, after the Packers D made Manning look silly on those pics, but I like the Titans D against the Packers O. I think it may turn out to be a D-Fensive struggle! Tough game, for both teams! It may be the Titans biggest test! (We'll see how the Colts game goes) And as for the Colts game, I'm a little worried too, but I think they can pull it off!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »