Home

WEEK 8:REDSKINS @ LIONS

This is a discussion on WEEK 8:REDSKINS @ LIONS within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #9
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: WEEK 8:REDSKINS @ LIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101
I'd be dissappointed if the Skins needed Portis for more than 10 carries against the Lions. This is where losing Ladell really hurts.

I'm also interested in seeing what Rogers does against Johnson. He pretty much took Fitzgerald out the game against Ari, but Johnson is just a strong, faster, and taller.
The best thing going for Rodgers in that match-up is Dan Orlovski (SP). Thats dude looks really bad back there.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #10
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101
I'd be dissappointed if the Skins needed Portis for more than 10 carries against the Lions. This is where losing Ladell really hurts.

I'm also interested in seeing what Rogers does against Johnson. He pretty much took Fitzgerald out the game against Ari, but Johnson is just a strong, faster, and taller.

Yes, I look forward to seeing alot or Rock and Shaun at runningback this weekend. hopefully, Hope Clinton don't get more than 20 carries this week, if that.

And on Rogers and Johnson, more then likely, we will have Laron shadowing to that side, knowing that Johnson is their only threat. I dont' even know the lions other WR. Well whoever it is, Smoot should be able to stick with that person. Smoot shut down Stallworth last week should be able to do it to the Lions other wideout..

I hope this game isn't close, but knowing the skins they're going to make it interested. I just hope it's like last year, where we just ran through them.

I am expecting an interception from Horton this week though..
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by Checmate101; 10-23-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

I don't expect any sort of blowout in this one. Anyone who has been watching the Skins this year knows, we may dominate a game, but we do not dominate the scoreboard. I predict another nail biter in this one. A winless team is a dangerous team. I expect the Lions to pull out all the stops...if that matters, we will see.

The Skins has made a terrible trend of playing down or up to the competition. It burned us in the Rams game, and when they decided to turn it on, it wasn't enough as it lets the Rams have a chance, and they took it.

I don't like all the talk of letting Portis rest. He had all offseason to rest. This is the regular season. I want 20+ carriers and over 150 yards. If he doesn't approach that and we lose...that is poor game planning. You don't rest, and you don't save it for the weeks ahead.

You play this game to win, this week, right now, using all your parts to their utmost...no matter what.

Skins 27 - Lions 24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #12
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Sunday's my birthday, and for the first time since 2002, the Lions are blacked out.

Best. Birthday present. Ever.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
Sunday's my birthday, and for the first time since 2002, the Lions are blacked out.

Best. Birthday present. Ever.
You can come over and watch it at my place.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:15 AM   #14
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Redskins 27 Lions 16
Old 10-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #15
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: WEEK 8:REDSKINS @ LIONS

Man, why was this tread even created? LOL... talk about rubbing salt on an open wound.

Anyway, I kind of wanted to see how the young guys do this week, but I'm not really angry that this game is being blacked out here either.

Kruza
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
I don't expect any sort of blowout in this one. Anyone who has been watching the Skins this year knows, we may dominate a game, but we do not dominate the scoreboard. I predict another nail biter in this one. A winless team is a dangerous team. I expect the Lions to pull out all the stops...if that matters, we will see.

The Skins has made a terrible trend of playing down or up to the competition. It burned us in the Rams game, and when they decided to turn it on, it wasn't enough as it lets the Rams have a chance, and they took it.

I don't like all the talk of letting Portis rest. He had all offseason to rest. This is the regular season. I want 20+ carriers and over 150 yards. If he doesn't approach that and we lose...that is poor game planning. You don't rest, and you don't save it for the weeks ahead.

You play this game to win, this week, right now, using all your parts to their utmost...no matter what.

Skins 27 - Lions 24
If there was only one more game left to play, then I'd agree fully. Unfortunately, there are 9. I know that kind of logic pisses off fans who have Portis on their fantasy team, but with Ladell out, there is some uncertainty about the production you're getting from your bench (Rock, Alexander)

With Portis is on pace to run for almost 380 carries, I'd love nothing more than to see his workload lightened a bit. He's already missing practice, and the Skins at this point need to be thinkning about the future. After the bye, we have Seatle, Dallas, then Pit. We shouldn't need 20+ carries from CP to put away the Lions, if we do, I'm severly worried about our chances versus tougher competition. This is a perfect opportunity to work Shaun into the offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »