Home

Colts @ Titans - Monday Night Football CODE BLUE

This is a discussion on Colts @ Titans - Monday Night Football CODE BLUE within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #17
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Colts @ Titans - Monday Night Football CODE BLUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Personally I think Johnson and White will both rush for 100 yards. The Colts run D is just not good.
yeah but its a division game so you never know. I wonder if Mr Bobby Sanders will suit up for indy because he is a difference maker
Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Code Blue eh?

Funny this happens 30 years after the ORIGINAL code blue. Yes folks, i'm referring to the game that helped put Earl Campbell on the map as an NFL star and strangely enough this game could do the same for Chris Johnson...Yes folks the "Luv Ya Blue" game!

The Oilers were on the rise as a tough team in the NFL facing one of the perennial powerhouses of the '70s in the Miami Dolphins. Just like how they're facing a perennial powerhouse in the Colts. (damn the parallels are STUNNING) I wonder if maybe the Titans can get some of the old Oilers from '78 to attend the game?

If Kornheiser doesn't bring up the parallels between these two games then he should be thrown out of the booth.
Please man...as a Houston guy...I don't EVER want to see "Luv Ya Blue" with the Titans...they need to make up their own stuff.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #19
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
Please man...as a Houston guy...I don't EVER want to see "Luv Ya Blue" with the Titans...they need to make up their own stuff.
I know but this "Code Blue" thing is basically "Luv Ya Blue" because the shade of blue is essentially the same.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #20
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
What no Clots fans posting here. They must of all jumped off the bandwagon after 5 years. I expected to see some post talking about how the Colts were going to win by 30 points.

This game should tell if the Titans are for real or not. This is their first primetime game and all eyes will be on them. Sure, they have beaten the Colts the last 2 years, but those games didn't matter to the Colts. I think the Titans will try to run it every play. If they succeed, they will win easily. The Colts will also need to run the ball to keep the Titans defense from looking all pass.

I think the Colts will win this one in a very close game. I think the Titans will let the nerves get to them and this will be the beginning of a down swing as the schedule picks up.
Ok, here what I read, I hope the colts beat the Titans cause my team lost today to a bad browns team, and the colts winning makes me feel like my team has a shot at doing something, plus I hate the Titans more than the Colts at this point.

way to turn wishful thinking into something that sounds like real analysis.

"the titans will let the nerves get to them" classic.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:47 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Ok, here what I read, I hope the colts beat the Titans cause my team lost today to a bad browns team, and the colts winning makes me feel like my team has a shot at doing something, plus I hate the Titans more than the Colts at this point.

way to turn wishful thinking into something that sounds like real analysis.

"the titans will let the nerves get to them" classic.
Actually I want the Titans to win. The Titans have yet to get to the meat of their schedule and they haven't played under the lights in a while. If the Titans can run, they win, but if the Colts find someway to slow the run down enough, they should win. I think the Colts will do enough to slow the run down and Manning will take the short to medium routes that the Titans defense will give up to keep them from getting beat deep.

I really hope the Titans win this, but we'll have to see how they play under the lights. If they win this big, they are a legitimate 1 in the AFC. If they lose, the wheels could fall off with the tough schedule coming up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
I know but this "Code Blue" thing is basically "Luv Ya Blue" because the shade of blue is essentially the same.
Haha I understand...It would just make me sick to my stomach, once the Titans get a lead I would be unable to watch the game

I don't know who I want to win though. If the Titans win the Colts/Jags/and my Texans would all be 3-4 I think. It would be cool if the Texans would be able to finish any other place in the division other than last lol.

Otherwise...if the Titans lose maybe the wheels start to get loose and fall off...and yeah I would love to see the Titans go on a losing streak right about now. I hope for a great game though...

Yeah the match-up heavily favors the Titans...but you don't ever want to play the Colts after how they lost last week. That team responds well so I am expecting a close game.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 25

Not feeling good about this game. The Colts have had the Titans number recently.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:27 AM   #24
Nza
MVP

Not recently they haven't. In the last four matchups, they are split 2-2 and the Titans have outscored the Colts in the process. If you don't count week 17 last season, then the Colts are 2-1 but with a tied overall score, and with one win coming on one point, and the other only after Brandon Jones dropped an easy one that would have given Bironas a chance to win it as time is expiring. If there is any team other than the Pats who have had the Colts number recently, it is the Titans. They have played the Colts tough in recent times.

But primetime games can be funny, particularly divisional ones. It seems they can often go against expectations entirely. If the Titans can get their run game going and their front 4 shows up in recent form, it will be tough for Indy to match, but that's why they play the games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »