Home

Titans @ Jaguars

This is a discussion on Titans @ Jaguars within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Titans @ Jaguars

Heck, even ESPN is starting to give the Titans some credit for their winning now. Chris Berman on SC last night said that the term "game manager" needs to stop being used to describe certain QB's (i.e. Kerry Collins).
Old 11-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Just about everyone has given them a lot of credit for some time now. Some of you Titan fans have been too busy complaining to notice. Stop and smell the roses... don't get special seasons like this too often. Enjoy while you can and stop worrying about everybody else.

Signed a fan of a team that went from 13-3 to 5-11
Old 11-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #19
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Just about everyone has given them a lot of credit for some time now. Some of you Titan fans have been too busy complaining to notice. Stop and smell the roses... don't get special seasons like this too often. Enjoy while you can and stop worrying about everybody else.

Signed a fan of a team that went from 13-3 to 5-11

yeah since you know most of us have only been titans fans for a year or 2. Ive seen the Titans go 13-3, 10-6, 11-5, 4-12. whats your point. the fact is if you look at the medias "picks" for last week the Jags were the popular pick. I am grateful for the season the Titans are having, and I do see alot more people give credit as the season has gone along, but I get the overwhelming feeling nobody wants to see the Titans do good, they want their Mannings, and Favres, and Romos, not The Titans cause thats all they get out of Nashville is The Titans, no superstar.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

I don't watch ESPN enough to know if any of the NFL guys on the set are "shock value" guys a la Skip Bayless........

But Cris Carter did believe the New York Jets were the best team in the AFC.

If there was even a shade of overlapping gray area that I see (I know I'm wearing Titan blue glasses here but I'm trying to see more than one perspective) that you could place the Jets ahead of the Titans, I wouldn't say a word about it.

I'm convinced that even if the Titans won the Super Bowl, they would be the sexy pick to bow out of the playoffs (in favor of Pats, Colts, and Chargers) next season a la the New York Giants (to the OOOOOHSOOOSEXY Cowboys) this season.

But as stated, maybe Cris Carter is the Skip Bayless of the set. I don't know, as I don't watch ESPN like that.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 11-18-2008, 09:13 AM   #21
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
I don't watch ESPN enough to know if any of the NFL guys on the set are "shock value" guys a la Skip Bayless........

But Cris Carter did believe the New York Jets were the best team in the AFC.

If there was even a shade of overlapping gray area that I see (I know I'm wearing Titan blue glasses here but I'm trying to see more than one perspective) that you could place the Jets ahead of the Titans, I wouldn't say a word about it.

I'm convinced that even if the Titans won the Super Bowl, they would be the sexy pick to bow out of the playoffs (in favor of Pats, Colts, and Chargers) next season a la the New York Giants (to the OOOOOHSOOOSEXY Cowboys) this season.

But as stated, maybe Cris Carter is the Skip Bayless of the set. I don't know, as I don't watch ESPN like that.
No, I can definatly see the Titans winning the Superbowl, and then the experts next year sitting there like I dont see how the Titans finish any higher than 3rd in their division, but I dont want to count the Texans out so they may finish last. lol. I almost guarentee they will be saying that next year regardless of what happens this year.

Its funny the impact the "experts" have on the general public. Go check out the Jets forum, some of those people are "looking past" the Titans.lol its like there is no way the Jets can lose. There was 1 expert over there who didnt even know the game was in TN, but he had a nice breakdown on how the Jets are better in every aspect of football lol. I'm not greedy, or stupid, I hope the Titans can go undefeated and I root for them to do so, but its not likely, and I can accept that. 1 thing though, I really need them to win this game. I live in Jersey, work in NY and I need us to pull through this 1 game cause these people need to be set straight cause they arent thinking clearly right now. My mother-in-laws BF makes T-Shirts for a living, he is already printing up Giants-Jets shirts and Steelers-Giants shirts. Im ready to snap off hes like if Tennessee makes the superbowl, your the only guy that will buy a shirt, I want to rub it in to these jersey people so bad man. we gotta win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #22
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
Nice throw Garrard.

Another team that has the Titans on the ropes and pisses it away. Fantastic.
If you honestly think the Jags had the Titans on the ropes you havent seen many Titans games, or you're just not paying attention.

My wife is a titans fan and I've seen every game and what the Titans do better then any team in the NFL is make adjustments at halftime and come out in the second half and do what needs to be done to win.

Being a Chiefs fan at least I can get a small bit of pleasure from my Wifes Teams success.

This coming Sunday will be a bit of a test for the Titans, I say they will go 11-0

Titans - 24
Jets - 17
Old 11-18-2008, 09:37 AM   #23
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
If you honestly think the Jags had the Titans on the ropes you havent seen many Titans games
he probably hasn't seen many Jaguar games also. This team stinks.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #24
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
yeah since you know most of us have only been titans fans for a year or 2. Ive seen the Titans go 13-3, 10-6, 11-5, 4-12. whats your point. the fact is if you look at the medias "picks" for last week the Jags were the popular pick. I am grateful for the season the Titans are having, and I do see alot more people give credit as the season has gone along, but I get the overwhelming feeling nobody wants to see the Titans do good, they want their Mannings, and Favres, and Romos, not The Titans cause thats all they get out of Nashville is The Titans, no superstar.
My point is it seems like all you really want to do is beef. You wanna beef with me now by presenting the titan records of the past which have nothing to do with what I was saying. Your focus every week is on who's not respecting the Titans even though you never really have a specific person that you're pointing the finger at. It's fans, the general public, the media, etc. If that's how you choose to enjoy your team having a great season, more power to you. Just letting you know that the "no respect" line doesn't hold much weight anymore to the rest of us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »