Home

Plaxico Burress SHOT in club...

This is a discussion on Plaxico Burress SHOT in club... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2008, 01:31 AM   #49
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Plaxico Burress SHOT in club...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
Plax could be heading to jail for 3 1/2 years pretty soon....

Seriously, only Plax.
Who knows what the true definition of "legal possession" is though. Does it mean illegally owning a gun and carrying it? Or legally owning a gun and carrying it without a concealed permit? Or both?

Who knows?

My guess is that Plax doesn't do any jail time but the NFL suspends him for 4-8 games.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:27 AM   #50
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Who knows what the true definition of "legal possession" is though. Does it mean illegally owning a gun and carrying it? Or legally owning a gun and carrying it without a concealed permit? Or both?

Who knows?

My guess is that Plax doesn't do any jail time but the NFL suspends him for 4-8 games.
Well, this isn't Gunsmoke(no pun intended), and Plaxico isnt Marshall Dillon. I'm sure it's not legal to walk into a public establishment(especially something like a night club) with a (loaded)gun. Otherwise, why not just wear a blinged-out holster and display it proudly. lol
Old 11-30-2008, 07:43 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 34

Why does every team team in the NFL seem to have a maniac WR?

Seriously, what is it about the WR position that seems to produce all of these lunatics?

I have 1 theory. The rule changes over the past 10-15, now allow these guys to prance around the field all day, in their pretty little sprints, untouched.

You simply cannot lay a finger on these guys anymore, so they feel like they are friggen bullet proof.

A guy like Roy Williams is a generation late. There is no place in the game anymore for the heat seeking, head hunting, enforcer safety, who will crack a WR in the face.

If you dont have individual cover skills at the safety positon, you are pretty darn worthless in todays game.

Guys like Jack Tatum, Joey Browner, Chuck Cecil, Steve Atwater, Andre Waters, they could not play in today's game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 32

If someone or anyone needs a firearm to feel safe then maybe it should be a blockbuster night. Stay home. Tuck your kids for the night. Better yet, rent out a hall, hire professional security and problem is solved. Plax could have been killed and over what?

ESPN the magazone cover story is about how some pro players are worried about their security. I think some bring this stuff on theirselves. I heard about Steve Nash took the subway to a basketball tourneyment in NYC, while other need security guards.

Less flash means less attention.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Why does every team team in the NFL seem to have a maniac WR?

Seriously, what is it about the WR position that seems to produce all of these lunatics?

I have 1 theory. The rule changes over the past 10-15, now allow these guys to prance around the field all day, in their pretty little sprints, untouched.

You simply cannot lay a finger on these guys anymore, so they feel like they are friggen bullet proof.

A guy like Roy Williams is a generation late. There is no place in the game anymore for the heat seeking, head hunting, enforcer safety, who will crack a WR in the face.

If you dont have individual cover skills at the safety positon, you are pretty darn worthless in todays game.

Guys like Jack Tatum, Joey Browner, Chuck Cecil, Steve Atwater, Andre Waters, they could not play in today's game.
Good post but wrs always been head cases. Madden made the comment a few years ago. The more talented the more crazy.

The traditional SS is becoming extinct with 3-4 wrs sets.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #54
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31

Roy Williams would have given up big plays and been terrible in the 60's, 70's, and 80's just like he's terrible now.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #55
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Roy Williams would have given up big plays and been terrible in the 60's, 70's, and 80's just like he's terrible now.
true thatroy was good for like 3 years or should i say a factor , now i cant even tell if he is on the field its been like that for the last 3 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...nt.html?page=1

Plaxico Burress is expected to be charged with criminal possession of a weapon after shooting himself in the thigh Friday night. The felony chage results in a mandatory 3.5 year prison sentence.

"He went for his gun and fumbled it. And now it will cost him," a police source told the NY Daily News. Details continue to emerge, such as Antonio Pierce berating Plaxico for bringing the gun to a club. Pierce also stashed the gun for Burress and didn't call 911 at Plaxico's request, so he could face charges as well. Cops only learned about the incident after the Giants quietly reached out to them to report it.

Pierce also may be charged.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »