Home

Dallas Cowboys @ Pittsburgh Steelers

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys @ Pittsburgh Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #9
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Dallas Cowboys @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Just wondering if anyone knows. When was the last time a single player ran for 100 yards on the ground by himself? I know the Steelers have allowed more than 100 rushing yards multiple times this season but I can't remember the last time a player went for 100 against that D.
NCAA: UNC
Old 12-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I'll take the Steelers and any amount of points they're laying. I think this one might get ugly.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Amazing that the Steelers play the Cowboys the same week their heated rival Ravens play the Boys heated rival Skins... and the winner of both games will effect the other's chances in their respective divisions.

Extending that thought to another thread here, this game would've been a good flex candidate too.

This is a tough one for me to gauge because I really want the Steelers to lose and think the Boys can beat them, even on the road, but don't know if it's that clear. This is a toss up for me. I think the Steelers secondary can be tested if Romo can get some time and he barely ever gets touched. I also think the Boys pass rush can get to Ben.

I'm still not sold on the Boys secondary either, even with Newman back. The steelers should be able to run on them a bit too, and you can bet on at least one turnover from Romo. Too close to call.

I'll say 28-27 Dallas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #12
Banned

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #13
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

These two teams don't hook up very often but when they do it's often a very good game or at least very competitive. BTW NFL-N is showing SB XIII tonight so if you're into watching old games check it out.

Anyways I think this game will provide more questions then answers. I can't really tell if the Steelers are for real or if it's the beneficiary of playing in an overall weak division. The Cowboys could be for real but we've seen them play some stinkers too. As an avowed anti Jerry Jones Cowboys fan i'll go with the Steelers.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #14
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbase22
Just wondering if anyone knows. When was the last time a single player ran for 100 yards on the ground by himself? I know the Steelers have allowed more than 100 rushing yards multiple times this season but I can't remember the last time a player went for 100 against that D.
Fred Taylor put up 147 against the Steelers in week 15 last year. That's the last one. I fear Fred Taylor... I can't wait until he retires. His career line against Pittsburgh:

20 for 67
21 for 71
8 for 28
15 for 24
30 for 234 (a MNF record, if I'm not mistaken)
24 for 96 (one of only two games he played that year)
13 for 80
27 for 76
22 for 92
25 for 147
16 for 48 (playoffs)
10 for 19

... some big games for Fred Taylor in there.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:46 PM   #15
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dprimetime21
i dont think it matters if barber plays or not because he will be a non factor ANYWAYS. you can't run on Pittsburgh because there d stuffs the run. the cowboys will have to force ben to make bad decsions and feed off turnovers and win the field postion battle. Ben startin to get healthy and startin to pull it down and runnin for first downs. this is a big part of his game that he wasn't doin earlier cause of his shoulder and was forcin bad throws and the high amount of pics. romo will be on his heels all day with the steelers pass rush. this game will be decided by which team makes less mistakes. i think Pitt wins but i am also a homer.
C'mon man! This isn't the "Steel Curtain" defense or even Lloyd and Greene. The Steelers have lost what? 3 games this year. You make it sound like they don't lose at all. As of news reports today (Friday) Barber is playing. And our options in the passing game aren't exactly anemic. Romo and Jason are one week healthier, TO knows he is on the game of the week, and RWill had one more week to practice with Romo. I think Dallas will win, but I am a homer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 18

This game is too hard to predict, since their are so many factors that will play into the result. The Steelers in their home though, will be effin hard to beat. Basically, for Dallas to win, Romo needs time. If he doesn't get that time I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 dumb interceptions thrown. Does anyone know the weather conditions for Sunday?

Last edited by headrulz101; 12-05-2008 at 09:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »