Home

Dallas Cowboys @ Pittsburgh Steelers

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys @ Pittsburgh Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2008, 05:34 AM   #17
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Dallas Cowboys @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Amazing that the Steelers play the Cowboys the same week their heated rival Ravens play the Boys heated rival Skins... and the winner of both games will effect the other's chances in their respective divisions.

Extending that thought to another thread here, this game would've been a good flex candidate too.

This is a tough one for me to gauge because I really want the Steelers to lose and think the Boys can beat them, even on the road, but don't know if it's that clear. This is a toss up for me. I think the Steelers secondary can be tested if Romo can get some time and he barely ever gets touched. I also think the Boys pass rush can get to Ben.

I'm still not sold on the Boys secondary either, even with Newman back. The steelers should be able to run on them a bit too, and you can bet on at least one turnover from Romo. Too close to call.

I'll say 28-27 Dallas.
I'm almost sure this game was protected by the networks. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
NCAA: UNC
Old 12-06-2008, 05:36 AM   #18
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrulz101
This game is too hard to predict, since their are so many factors that will play into the result. The Steelers in their home though, will be effin hard to beat. Basically, for Dallas to win, Romo needs time. If he doesn't get that time I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 dumb interceptions thrown. Does anyone know the weather conditions for Sunday?
Absolutely frigid. It's supposed to be a high of 26 for the day with swirling winds and chances of flurries. I'm afraid of the windchill factor that'll make it really hard to throw.
NCAA: UNC
Old 12-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #19
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Last I heard(this morning)Barber was out and this game with THIS weather would be almost perfect for him.

That being said, I think this will be a close game that wil probably come down to a late 4th quarter TD to win the game.

I'll take Dallas 24-20.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laettner32
C'mon man! This isn't the "Steel Curtain" defense or even Lloyd and Greene. The Steelers have lost what? 3 games this year.
Actually, this defense is better than the Lloyd/Greene defense. Woodley and Harrison already have more sacks than any Steelers OLB tandem has ever had. Sure, the Steelers have lost 3 games, but you can attribute those losses to the offense, not the defense. The D is the best in the NFL so far this season for a reason.

Almost all RB's struggle to get 100 yds against the Steelers D. Same with the Ravens and a few other defenses. The D's are tailored to stop the run...making the opponent win through the air. So I agree with Dprimetime21 that Barber will most likely be a non-factor. The Steelers D has stuffed better RB's this season.

Dprimetime21 was also correct IMO when stating it will most likely take turnovers to decide this game. If Ben is getting pressured and starts getting careless, the Steelers might be in for a long day. Same goes for Romo.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #21
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

If the Cowboys OL decides to block some people, Steelers may be in for a long day. I think we can beat that secondary for some big plays, just give Romo some time.

This is such a big game. We win, and we're almost assured a playoff spot, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #22
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Actually, this defense is better than the Lloyd/Greene defense. Woodley and Harrison already have more sacks than any Steelers OLB tandem has ever had. Sure, the Steelers have lost 3 games, but you can attribute those losses to the offense, not the defense. The D is the best in the NFL so far this season for a reason.

Almost all RB's struggle to get 100 yds against the Steelers D. Same with the Ravens and a few other defenses. The D's are tailored to stop the run...making the opponent win through the air. So I agree with Dprimetime21 that Barber will most likely be a non-factor. The Steelers D has stuffed better RB's this season.
I honestly believe this is the best Steelers defense since the 1970's. Not only are they stopping teams from getting yardage, but they're making big plays... more sacks than anyone right now, 13 INTs as a team (ranks 8th), big hits. This defense does it all, and they do it all without a solid running game and with a turnover-prone QB.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #23
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Ya'll playoffs might've already started the minute the calender changed to December.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #24
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I honestly believe this is the best Steelers defense since the 1970's. Not only are they stopping teams from getting yardage, but they're making big plays... more sacks than anyone right now, 13 INTs as a team (ranks 8th), big hits. This defense does it all, and they do it all without a solid running game and with a turnover-prone QB.
One thing that has been downplayed is yes Steelers have the most sacks in the league, with 42; Dallas is right behind them with 42. Not to mention Ware is leading the league with 15, and Pittsburgh has had problems against good pass rushing teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »