Home

Houston at Greenbay

This is a discussion on Houston at Greenbay within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #25
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Houston at Greenbay

The offense is set. When Shaub is playing this is one of the better offenses in the league.

All their attention should be on defense next season cause they have a good QB, a really good young runner, a superstar WR, solid number 2 and top 7 Tight End.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #26
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Nice job for Broncos 2.0. Always happy to see Houston win, I shouldn't of switched my pick this morning.. grr
Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #27
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
The offense is set. When Shaub is playing this is one of the better offenses in the league.

All their attention should be on defense next season cause they have a good QB, a really good young runner, a superstar WR, solid number 2 and top 7 Tight End.
Better as in Top 10 or Better as in middle of the pack Offense because I don't even see them as a Top 12 Offense WHEN Healthy, imo.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #28
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Better as in Top 10 or Better as in middle of the pack Offense because I don't even see them as a Top 12 Offense WHEN Healthy, imo.
They certainly could do well to cut down on the turnovers and mistakes.

However, Schaub can be a very accurate and very smart passing quarterback, Andre Johnson just might be the best receiver in the league, and Steve Slaton has played surprisingly well. Yes, they need to be more consistent, and I don't doubt they could benefit from having one more big-time player, but the Texans' offense certainly is in good shape right now, IMO.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:58 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
With all the issues they've had this season they've put up pretty good stats on offense and they haven't even been healthy all season yet ranked top 5 all season. The turnovers kill us and its actually improved from last season...last season EVERYONE was turning the ball over, this season it's just been the QBs excluding this game. So it has improved maybe Matt will be lucky enough not to get hurt by some cheap shot and play most of the games next season. I like him, I like how everyone was ready to get him out of here and how he just calmly responds with crazy numbers(307,379,267,280,9TDs-3 INTs).Of course he had that Minny game, but he wasn't healthy and was taken out.Then in the clutch, when we were pinned down Matt had a smile on his face. Love it.

The only things we really need on offense is a short yardage back (Green ain't cutting it.) and I still think we need a Center.

Other than that defense needs major secondary help still and another OLB and Dline help is needed for the defense. But this team is literally a few plays away from being in the hunt so at least they are close. No one is going to give them credit because they are the Texans but they have been drafting really well the past years and have built on that. I think that other playmaker we need is a brusing back to help the red zone offense and just a change a pace guy from Slaton.

Last edited by Fiasco West; 12-08-2008 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:31 AM   #30
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

Quote:
Considering they've been in the Top 5 offenses for the last few weeks, I'd say Top 5.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:36 AM   #31

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

How did Super Mario look today?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 02:54 AM   #32
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

Didn't really stand out to me, almost got a sack but Rodgers scampered away. Seemed like he was being covered the whole time. The rest of the guys didn't get much pressure either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »