Home

Marion Barber

This is a discussion on Marion Barber within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #9
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Marion Barber

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
Edaddy why would you think Barber would not be around next year after one comment?

i read a good article concerning the incident and it seems that Jones has questioned Barbers toughness...Jopnes has also praised choice and called him a viable alternative..combine that with Barbers salary and Felix Jones and he will be considered trade bait...Plus he was a Parcells pick...watch how this plays out...
Old 12-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
Man, you cowboy fans have short memories.
I'm not running the guy off or anything, cuz he is a good player, but if I were to say he's a top running back in the NFL I'd get called a homer.

On the topic of trading Barber: while Felix Jones and Tashard Choice have both looked alright in very limited duty, I'm not ready at all to trade away a proven guy like Barber.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
Even as a Cowboy fan I am saying this.

Am I the only one who thinks he is terribly overrated? This has nothing to do with today's game or the injury. I always thought he danced around way to much and sucks at hitting the hole. He gets way to much hype for his barbarian type style.
I think he's solid enough to carry the Cowboys to a championship, but frankly, I don't think Dallas can do it.

He's definitely not a superstar...And you're right, everyone looks at him like that. But he's having one of the best RB seasons of the year....Numbers don't lie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #12
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

He's 14th in Rushing Yards, 15th in YPG, 10th in Total Carries, 14th in TDs so how in the hell is he having one of the best RB seasons of the year?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:44 AM   #13
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Jerry Jones = STFU you dumb POS!!!

whenever he is involved in football decisions, bad **** happens...plain and simple.

stfu, stupid hick.

Barber may have been able to play, he may not have...who knows...but if you are a bag of bones owner who really hasn't produced much since you let go of Jimmy Johnson, you need to keep your mouth shut and sign the effing checks.

The fans love barber, the team likes barber, and backs like him are hard to come by. He will have a short career in all likelihood, but he knows that. He is like Eddie George, he will rarely lose yardage. He may not hit the hole well, but in many cases in the NFL it is not about hitting the hole, cause sometimes it is plugged up. He bounces to the next spot, is light on his feet when he does so, and then his best attributes are exhibited...

Barber brings the smarts and humility to run North and South, square his pads, and run with them at the right level. It is a very simple set of rules, but very few runners do all of them well.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:05 AM   #14
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Jerry Jones is an idiot for going public with his thoughts in this particular case.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
He's 14th in Rushing Yards, 15th in YPG, 10th in Total Carries, 14th in TDs so how in the hell is he having one of the best RB seasons of the year?
He isn't the focus of our offense. He doesn't get enough touches to be an elite back. We have a gigantic oline and 70 percent of our offense is in shotgun. Barber is best offensive weapon our team. He blocks, run, and catches well. All I want from a number 1 back.

He doesn't need to be Peterson to be a great back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
Jerry Jones = STFU you dumb POS!!!

whenever he is involved in football decisions, bad **** happens...plain and simple.

stfu, stupid hick.

Barber may have been able to play, he may not have...who knows...but if you are a bag of bones owner who really hasn't produced much since you let go of Jimmy Johnson, you need to keep your mouth shut and sign the effing checks.

The fans love barber, the team likes barber, and backs like him are hard to come by. He will have a short career in all likelihood, but he knows that. He is like Eddie George, he will rarely lose yardage. He may not hit the hole well, but in many cases in the NFL it is not about hitting the hole, cause sometimes it is plugged up. He bounces to the next spot, is light on his feet when he does so, and then his best attributes are exhibited...

Barber brings the smarts and humility to run North and South, square his pads, and run with them at the right level. It is a very simple set of rules, but very few runners do all of them well.
Have anyone read the article. I remember there were rumors about trading Barber to get McFadden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »