Home

Why was Jared Allen mad that he got a cheap shot in the knee?

This is a discussion on Why was Jared Allen mad that he got a cheap shot in the knee? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #25
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Why was Jared Allen mad that he got a cheap shot in the knee?

Dirty was a wrong word I used but I don't think Allen has a right to be bitching about "taking a shot he didn't like" when he has been dishing those types of shots most of the season.

BTW, even complaining about taking shots you don't like is kind've "vagina-ish" if you ask me because EVERYBODY that steps on the field are going to receive shots that they don't like. Part of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Dirty was a wrong word I used but I don't think Allen has a right to be bitching about "taking a shot he didn't like" when he has been dishing those types of shots most of the season.

BTW, even complaining about taking shots you don't like is kind've "vagina-ish" if you ask me because EVERYBODY that steps on the field are going to receive shots that they don't like. Part of the game.
I've had that done to me and its VERY dirty, how can you compare hitting a standing QB in his face to a chop to the knee when your not looking? if he tore up Allens knee with that shot I would HOPE that a Vikings linemen would return the favor because shots like that can cripple you. As well he did say it was dirty but it was not needed, Allen would not have made the play anyway.. I'm not calling you out or anything but just saying..it was legal but dirty
Old 12-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #27
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Taste of his own medicine. What he did to Schaub was dirty... not once, but twice.

Robbed the Texans of a very good QB for four weeks with his cheap shots.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #28
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason81Ballin!!!
I've had that done to me and its VERY dirty, how can you compare hitting a standing QB in his face to a chop to the knee when your not looking? if he tore up Allens knee with that shot I would HOPE that a Vikings linemen would return the favor because shots like that can cripple you. As well he did say it was dirty but it was not needed, Allen would not have made the play anyway.. I'm not calling you out or anything but just saying..it was legal but dirty
We're not talking about the way Jared Allen hits standing QBs in the face, I could care less about that. He hit Schaub more than once low in the knee area when Schaub wasn't looking. This is not only dirty but illegal per NFL rules since 2006. "If possible, rushing defenders must make a conscious effort to avoid low hits on the quarterback. Previously, defenders were not compelled to make a conscious effort to avoid low hits if momentum was a factor. Penalty: Roughing the passer, loss of 15 yards.
Reason for the change: Player safety."

Not only that, but in a lot of the games I see of Jared Allen, he's always looking to inflict a little more damage than necessary. He's absolutely being hypocritical by calling out Gosder on a 'legal play' no matter how dirty you think it was. I wouldn't mind if someone other than Jared Allen complained about a hit like that but from what he dishes out, he can't really complain without being a huge hypocrite.
NCAA: UNC
Old 12-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #29
Rookie

Blast1021's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
That POS did the same thing to Matt Shaub, twice!

I'm sorry but he got what he deserved yesterday. I don't wish injury on anyone, but that was karma right there.

Still can't believe he wasn't suspended.
At first, I thought that yeah he should have gotten mad about the cheap shot....I would have been to...but then I youtubed the Matt Schaub hits and I can understand the first hit because it looked like he was stumblin and fell but the second one was jus unnecessary... I think he got what he deserved with the fine...was Kimo Van Oelhoffen ever suspended for that hit on Carson Palmer?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:14 AM   #30
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Allen ought to be heavily fined for sporting the bitchin' tribal armband tattoo, and suspended indefinitely for the brutal mullet.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:59 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbase22
We're not talking about the way Jared Allen hits standing QBs in the face, I could care less about that. He hit Schaub more than once low in the knee area when Schaub wasn't looking. This is not only dirty but illegal per NFL rules since 2006. "If possible, rushing defenders must make a conscious effort to avoid low hits on the quarterback. Previously, defenders were not compelled to make a conscious effort to avoid low hits if momentum was a factor. Penalty: Roughing the passer, loss of 15 yards.
Reason for the change: Player safety."

Not only that, but in a lot of the games I see of Jared Allen, he's always looking to inflict a little more damage than necessary. He's absolutely being hypocritical by calling out Gosder on a 'legal play' no matter how dirty you think it was. I wouldn't mind if someone other than Jared Allen complained about a hit like that but from what he dishes out, he can't really complain without being a huge hypocrite.
Both are dirty so, beside he didn't complain he said it was a unnecessary hit which both were
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2008, 03:36 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 16

It wasn't a unesscary hit. Cherilus knew if he didn't stop Allen then, his QBs knee was in danger. Cherilus was protecting his QB and Allen has had his fair share of dirty hits, so he should expect them back. He made us watch 4 friggen weeks of Sage, I don't know if I can forgive him for this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »