Home

TO and Whitten come to blows! (report from Dallas)

This is a discussion on TO and Whitten come to blows! (report from Dallas) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #41
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: TO and Whitten come to blows! (report from Dallas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
TO is a great player, I don't think that can be disputed. Is it coincidence this seems to follow him from team to team?

If this is on TO, and it does blow up in the Cowboys face, it's all on them and Jerry Jones. They knew TO's past, they knew what they were getting when they signed him.

He's a truly gifted talent, but you do take a certain risk in signing him. Too much risk, imo for a guy who might touch the ball 5 or 6 times a game.
I'm sure TO has paid off enough short of a SB for Jerry to be happy. Romo wouldn't have risen to his current status just throwing to Patrick Crayton and Terry Glenn and/or had they kept Keyshawn ::shudders:: And the Cowboys wouldnt have been as good (ie made as much money) if not for TO the past 2-3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 10:58 PM   #42
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
I was merely making a point that T.O. is a winner (I'm sure you knew what I was saying).

Sometimes it comes with the territory.
Oh I understood, don't worry. But AJ and TO are extremely similar players. TO's a bit "bigger", but they both have similar skillsets. Blazing fast, both big receivers, go over the middle, can block if needed, downfield threats. TO's got the track record but I just love having a guy like Andre who doesn't attention-whore it up, and hopefully he won't.

As for this Owens saga, just another annoying thing on the airwaves at this point.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #43
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
A columnist's opinion. Which is just as good as mine.

And notice this quote from it. . .
I noticed that quote just like I also noticed the last part of that quote-"Team T.O vs Team Romo". Sounds almost exactly like the samething that went on in Philly except his opponent(s) was Team McNabb. Anyway I did also notice a recurring trend that for some reason has followed him from Philly to Dallas now:
Quote:
But as I listened to this, all I could think about is a sign Big Bill hung near the locker room upon his arrival: "Losers assemble in little groups and bitch about the coaches and the system and other players in other little groups. Winners assemble as a team."
But T.O is the "victim" and has done no harm.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #44
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I'm sure TO has paid off enough short of a SB for Jerry to be happy. Romo wouldn't have risen to his current status just throwing to Patrick Crayton and Terry Glenn and/or had they kept Keyshawn ::shudders:: And the Cowboys wouldnt have been as good (ie made as much money) if not for TO the past 2-3 years.
I don't see how you could come to that conclusion. But to each his own I guess. Nor do I see how you conclude they made more money because they had him.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
TO is a great player, I don't think that can be disputed. Is it coincidence this seems to follow him from team to team?

If this is on TO, and it does blow up in the Cowboys face, it's all on them and Jerry Jones. They knew TO's past, they knew what they were getting when they signed him.

He's a truly gifted talent, but you do take a certain risk in signing him. Too much risk, imo for a guy who might touch the ball 5 or 6 times a game.
But does TO create it, or does it appear because others surrounding him create it?

The press creates these fiascos. Owens said the Eagles would be better off w/Favre instead of McNabb. But who said that in the first place? Michael Irvin of ESPN. Then they ask TO about what Irvin said. He makes the "walk like a duck" comment about Garcia, but who asked him about Garcia's sexual orientation in the 1st place? He works out in his front yard. Did TO force reporters, camera men & helicopters to watch him do sit-ups?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #46
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Oh I understood, don't worry. But AJ and TO are extremely similar players. TO's a bit "bigger", but they both have similar skillsets. Blazing fast, both big receivers, go over the middle, can block if needed, downfield threats. TO's got the track record but I just love having a guy like Andre who doesn't attention-whore it up, and hopefully he won't.

As for this Owens saga, just another annoying thing on the airwaves at this point.
They are very similar players. Although at this point in their careers, there's no doubt in my mind AJ is the superior player. The Texans got a real steal in AJ, you can thank Matt Millen.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #47
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
So you bash T.O. then cite a link to an article whose author states she doesn't think T.O. did anything wrong this time?

Read up on the situation some more. Again, I don't think T.O. is to blame on this one.
What? The article or the author was placing blame on everybody in this: Jones, Phillips, and Owens.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #48
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I noticed that quote just like I also noticed the last part of that quote-"Team T.O vs Team Romo". Sounds almost exactly like the samething that went on in Philly except his opponent(s) was Team McNabb. Anyway I did also notice a recurring trend that for some reason has followed him from Philly to Dallas now:
She intentionally titled her article something catchy with T.O. in it for the sake of generating interest when she, herself, stated she doesn't think he's to blame.

Quote:
But as I listened to this, all I could think about is a sign Big Bill hung near the locker room upon his arrival: "Losers assemble in little groups and bitch about the coaches and the system and other players in other little groups. Winners assemble as a team."
As for that quote....wouldn't it apply more to Terrence Newman in this article given his statements?

Seriously man....you're searching to lay this at T.O.'s feet and the evidence just isn't there......yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »