Home

TO and Whitten come to blows! (report from Dallas)

This is a discussion on TO and Whitten come to blows! (report from Dallas) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2008, 11:13 PM   #57
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: TO and Whitten come to blows! (report from Dallas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Bill Parcells is egomaniacal despot who misstrusts anything he can't control.

and w/all that, why is only TO the one being singled out, if that were true? Once more, Owens isn't the only one complaining about Romo & Witten's relationship. Why is Owens the only person being dragged thru the coals? How is he the scapegoat?
The same reason why Ron Artest received a technical foul for trying to break up a "possible brawl" from happening. Guilty by Name unfortunately are how some athletes are going to be judged in Sports.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:16 PM   #58
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I don't see how you could come to that conclusion. But to each his own I guess. Nor do I see how you conclude they made more money because they had him.
Success = dollars. Cowboys tickets are SKY high. If TO wasnt here, they'd still be an 8-8 team most likely, not doing much of anything. There'd be no TO jerseys selling, thered be fewer Romo jerseys selling, etc. etc etc
Old 12-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #59
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
I can tell from reading this post that your a bit biased.

Listen, all I've read so far is people being on T.O.'s side (the entire defense for starters as well as Roy Williams and Crayton).

Where are the people in Romo and/or Witten's corner on this one besides each other?
Biased? Towards whom? The person that wrote the article? I don't even know who the heck she is.

Why Crayton is complaining, I do not know because he knew the minute Roy was brought in that his catches were going to drop dramatically.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #60
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Success = dollars. Cowboys tickets are SKY high. If TO wasnt here, they'd still be an 8-8 team most likely, not doing much of anything. There'd be no TO jerseys selling, thered be fewer Romo jerseys selling, etc. etc etc
First of all there's no way you can say if TO wasn't there they'd still be an 8-8 team. Who's to say the wouldn't have acqiured another WR? Not to mention if they don't start winning some games, they are on their way to being an 8-8 team. How many playoff wins do they have with TO?

In the NFL, winning or losing doesn't mean anything for licensing or gate revenue. Not to mention all the big money is in the TV contract and corporate sales. . Particularly with teams like Dallas or Oakland. TO being in Dallas has had little to no effect on their bottom line.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:33 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
That is such a ridiculously stupid statement its insane. The Cowboys have ALWAYS had successful ticket sales. Since the late 70's, including the early 90's and the late 90's into the early 2000's when they stunk, they were annually one of the top 5 in merchandise sales. The Cowboys make money when they are 1-15. So no, TO has NOTHING to do with them making a profit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 11:34 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
The quote that I BOLDED would apply more to T.O because AGAIN, it's a recurring theme.

AGAIN, T.O had his little group when he was in Philly supporting him during his McNabb beef and now he has his litte group in Dallas with his current issue with Romo.

My beef isn't with folks NOT blaming this on him because that's not what I'm trying to do. But I don't get how some of you can sit here and portray him in this as if he's a perfect saint in this whole mini-feud,

Seriously, the biggest self-contradicting man in all of sports is all of a sudden an angel now? W.....T.....F
Where do you get I think he's an angel? Didn't I point out what he's done in the past that I completely disagreed w/?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-13-2008, 11:38 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
But you are. Basically your're saying it's all on the press.
No I didn't. I said in this incident, Witten-gate, the press is @ fault. Werder placed the entire controversy @ the feet of TO. & TO did nothing wrong. There is absolutely nothing wrong w/going to your coach w/your concerns, especially when you think its the difference between winning & losing. And if it was wrong, then there should be 3 names being plastered on the headlines. TO has no control over whose name gets put on the front page. That's the press.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:27 AM   #64
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

If this gets Owens the hell out of here, I'm ALL for it. Even if it costs Dallas the playoffs.

I've got season tickets in the new stadium next year, and I'd love to have this petulant child shipped off by the start of training camp.

Send him to the Giants!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »