Home

Bills @ Jets

This is a discussion on Bills @ Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2008, 09:29 AM   #89
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Bills @ Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13
Well it looks like you have him for another three years.NFL is reporting that he has signed a three year extension.
He signed this way back when we were 4-0.

He'll definitely be cut, though, and Ralph will take the losses. There is no way he can stick around after this.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 12-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Buffalo Bills
One Bills Drive
Orchard Park, NY 14127

Well...now I read that the stupid playcall was Jauron's idea. Whether or not it actually was, I think it's pretty cool that he's taking the fall for it. I still think we should fire his ***, but it's cool that the dude is being a standup guy about it.

Thanks! I am a Jets fan that knows how to show gratitude.

It's hard to be "happy" with a win like that, heck even Favre seemed a little embarrassed about it. But a win is a win, I guess. Especially when it is given to you on a plate like that.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #91
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
He signed this way back when we were 4-0.

He'll definitely be cut, though, and Ralph will take the losses. There is no way he can stick around after this.

Well, Wilson is not known for eating contracts and I highly doubt he will start now. Too cheap of an owner to do that.

Well apparently it was reported that the deal was signed yesterday. I don't think he will sign him and then fire him and pay him for three years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #92
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBorn1
Jets would be nothing without Farve. Nothing
Really? I'm pretty sure I saw Old Man River try and gift wrap the game to the Bills yesterday.

Add in the fact that he leads the NFL in INT's and I've gotta say a Brett Favre-less Jets would not only be better than this edition of the Jets, they would blow them out of the water.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #93
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
Really? I'm pretty sure I saw Old Man River try and gift wrap the game to the Bills yesterday.

Add in the fact that he leads the NFL in INT's and I've gotta say a Brett Favre-less Jets would not only be better than this edition of the Jets, they would blow them out of the water.
Well said. Favre is not winning any games for this team but is trying his hardest to give them away. When the Jets needed a 3rd down conversion yesterday, he misfired badly to a wide open Dustin Keller.

The reason that the Jets don't stink this year is that they actually have functioning offensive lineman at LG and RT, a true nose tackle, and an improved linebacking corp.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:53 AM   #94
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I think it's crazy to say this team would be nothing without Favre.

That said, I think he's been an upgrade.

He's performed well in big games, against good teams. I don't think we beat the Patriots or Titans with Pennington at QB. He's a much bigger threat in the redzone than Pennington was. With Chad, if you called a passing play from inside the 15, basically all you could call is a fade, or some dump off to a running back. Any throw in the middle of the field didn't really have much of a chance, it would just be to slow. Chad could move the ball well, but Favre has been better at getting touchdowns. I also think at least some of the improvement in the running game has to do with teams respecting Favre's arm and not stacking the box.

Favre has been inconsistent, he drives you nuts with his inexcusable decisions to just launch the ball into triple coverage not even giving his receiver a chance. But I feel better about our chances to make a run this year with Favre than I would if we had Chad.

Last edited by NYJets; 12-16-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #95
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

All I know is Schottenheimer better think of a way to get Leon the ball more than twice in the entire game. The biggest weakness with this team right now is the playcalling. It seems like the first drive or two the offense works real well (which would the the first 15 plays that are scripted), but then once Schotty has to make playcalls on the fly the offense turns to ****.

I don't know why Mangini continues to let Sutton call the defense. He's taken playcalling duties from him before, but this year he's let Sutton handle it and he never brings any pressure, or run any zone blitzes or stunts to try and confuse the OL. He's either just rushing 3 or 4 straight up and getting no pressure, until he sends Elam on a safety blitz where he forces a fumble on the QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »