Home

Steelers @ Ravens

This is a discussion on Steelers @ Ravens within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Steelers @ Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Love Rex's kickoff till 2:00 min defense in both half's of a football game. But his 2:00 defense to the end of the half is sorry. Very depressing loss.
Yup, I agree 100 percent. How many times do teams drive and put points on the board with 2 minutes left in the first half, and how many times have we given up crucial drives in the closing minutes of the game? This is frustrating stuff.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:54 PM   #74
Banned

Btw, just want to say that when we have to play against the ref's AND the Steeler's, then there is no way we will ever win. The Holmes play was not called a td and absolutely no indisputabe evidence showed the ball ever crossing the plane. That's right, the ball HAS to cross the plane of the endzone even for catches for tds to count. And, don't get my started about the replayed Steeler's run that came up a good yard short and yet it went in their favor for a first. This crap has been going on for years.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #75
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Hell Yeah!!!

Division Champs!!

1st major goal of the season is now done....time to focus on bigger things Steelers....This can't be our peek

Lets go stick it to the Titans and maintain our nasty

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 03:29 AM   #76
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Btw, just want to say that when we have to play against the ref's AND the Steeler's, then there is no way we will ever win. The Holmes play was not called a td and absolutely no indisputabe evidence showed the ball ever crossing the plane. That's right, the ball HAS to cross the plane of the endzone even for catches for tds to count. And, don't get my started about the replayed Steeler's run that came up a good yard short and yet it went in their favor for a first. This crap has been going on for years.
I've lived 30 mins from Pittsburgh my entire life, and I've seen every game since I was 10. I have to agree, they do seem to get a lot of the calls go their way, but I really don't think it has anything to do with the refs giving them the game (other than the Super Bowl, they were given that game) and more to do with them just being lucky. Anyway, yes there is NOWAY they should have ruled that a TD, even if it was, there was not enough evidence to overturn.

Good luck the rest of the season, but you should let Miami have your wild card spot
Old 12-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Don't forget all the holding calls on the Ravens OLINE that weren't called. Harrison and Farrior were held a lot of the game and never got a call.

Fact is, the Ravens let the Steelers move the ball 90yds at the end of the game. That's inexcusable for that defense. The offense also had great field position throughout much of the game due to poor special teams by the Steelers...yet they never scored a TD. If the Ravens would have capitalized on their opportunities, this game wouldn't have even been that close. The Ravens only have themselves to blame for that.

With that said, I do think it was a TD after seeing the play a few more times. However, I would not have overturned it in the booth as there wasn't enough evidence to do so IMO. The first down play was short IMO. I'm not sure what the refs were looking at there.

Last edited by mjb2124; 12-15-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Explains a bit more about the Jeff Reed penalty:

Reed said he got the penalty because he took issue with Baltimore's Frank Walker nearly rolling onto his leg after he had kicked the extra point. Reed added that Walker spit in Mitch Berger's face after the Steelers punter tried to defuse the situation.

Classy move by Walker. Idiot.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Don't forget all the holding calls on the Ravens OLINE that weren't called. Harrison and Farrior were held a lot of the game and never got a call.

Fact is, the Ravens let the Steelers move the ball 90yds at the end of the game. That's inexcusable for that defense. The offense also had great field position throughout much of the game due to poor special teams by the Steelers...yet they never scored a TD. If the Ravens would have capitalized on their opportunities, this game wouldn't have even been that close. The Ravens only have themselves to blame for that.

With that said, I do think it was a TD after seeing the play a few more times. However, I would not have overturned it in the booth as there wasn't enough evidence to do so IMO. The first down play was short IMO. I'm not sure what the refs were looking at there.
I mean all things contributed to the loss, poor offensive play, bad prevent defense playcallling by Ryan, and horrible referee calls that altered the game way more than a few missed holding. calls The point is, the first two are acceptable because the team caused them, but the last one isn't because it is some outside element we can't control. I believe this referee did not know the ball had to cross the plane with a catch, reviewed it and saw two feet down and overturned, and later was informed of the ball crossing the plane rule, hence his differing explanations after the play and after the game. Btw, you want to see holding every play, watch Trevor Pryce. Dude gets held literally every play, it is insane.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzup36
I've lived 30 mins from Pittsburgh my entire life, and I've seen every game since I was 10. I have to agree, they do seem to get a lot of the calls go their way, but I really don't think it has anything to do with the refs giving them the game (other than the Super Bowl, they were given that game) and more to do with them just being lucky. Anyway, yes there is NOWAY they should have ruled that a TD, even if it was, there was not enough evidence to overturn.

Good luck the rest of the season, but you should let Miami have your wild card spot
Lol, there is a high probability either you guys or New England will get the final wild card spot. Also, I was referring to the Raven's getting horrible calls and not the Steeler's getting lucky breaks, I have no idea the type of calls Steeler's get for their games. I am trying to decide which blown call hurts more, this one or the Sugg's "roughing the passer" against Tennessee that cost us the game (that of course also in addition to Ryan).

Last edited by Adam Dayton; 12-15-2008 at 10:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »