Home

Braylon takes it to a whole other level

This is a discussion on Braylon takes it to a whole other level within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Braylon takes it to a whole other level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Didn't Cleveland fans cheer when Derick Anderson got injured?
Yes they did. Tim Couch got the same exact thing.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #58
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't think the booing of Anderson when he got hurt is that big a deal. Obviously, it's disrespectful and shouldn't be done. But look at the city. Cleveland has been tortured for years, and this was supposed to be the year that turned it around for them. Everything went opposite the way it was supposed to. The team and fans are frustrated. So they booed the injured quarterback. They're *******s but you have to understand their frustration and let it go. I guess most people wouldn't because most cities have had sports success.

Personally, I wouldn't have booed him, but I probably would have been thinking, "Well that nightmare is over." Kind of like if JP Losman would've gotten injured when he gave the Jets the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #59
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
This is foolishness and mayhem...

So essentially you're saying, "OK former Michigan player...we love you now because you've caught 16 passes, but all that mean didly-squat if you drop 16 passes because since your from Michigan you have to leeway with us?"

This is your logic is it not?

If you harbor this hate for a player of a rival college team, and then he has a bad year, you hate him more because he has had a bad year AND went to Michigan???

Foolishness and mayhem.
No, that is not the logic.

Here is the logic:

Do your job: You will be cheered.

Start dropping passes, running poor routes, and throwing teammates under the bus...absolutely we are going to boo you. Now is he going to get it more because he is from Michigan? Maybe from some of the stupid, drunk fans that cheered when Derek Anderson got hurt, but 90% of the Browns fans that boo him is because the performance on the field that we've seen since he has been drafted. This is 2006 all over again with Braylon and the fans are sick of it.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #60
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Uhh, on the field is fair game. Say whatever you want. You paid a lot of money to yell.

At a restaurant? GTFO.. that's totally uncalled for. People are pathetic. Yes he's a diva, but he's human.. nobody should have to accept random idiots calling their family members vulgar names.
I think that's BS to say whatever you want on the field too and I hate the excuse of "you paid a lot of money to yell" that many throw around. You paid a lot of money to watch a football game. I personally want my team to win. If I have a problem with anything they're doing to the point that I want to try to do something about it, I'd find avenues outside of the game b/c doing anything negative DURING a game does nothing but make it more difficult for the team to succeed. Home field advantage is huge for a reason. I never understood the logic of fans who boo their home team no matter what. Maybe boo them when their running off the field after the final second, but during the game? Why not wear the other team's jersey and cheer for them too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
No, that is not the logic.

Here is the logic:

Do your job: You will be cheered.

Start dropping passes, running poor routes, and throwing teammates under the bus...absolutely we are going to boo you. Now is he going to get it more because he is from Michigan? Maybe from some of the stupid, drunk fans that cheered when Derek Anderson got hurt, but 90% of the Browns fans that boo him is because the performance on the field that we've seen since he has been drafted. This is 2006 all over again with Braylon and the fans are sick of it.
This is the same guy who caught 16 touchdowns last year... and almost 1300 yards. People need to realize that piling on slumping players has the same effect as screaming at a depressed friend... you're only making it worse. He's proven what he can do. All you and others are doing is helping to make it less likely he'll be able to be that player again... or that he'll go to another team that embraces him and allows him to get back to that level. I'd say it makes sense that the team can't get over the hump but this is how many fans act.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:14 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I think that's BS to say whatever you want on the field too and I hate the excuse of "you paid a lot of money to yell" that many throw around. You paid a lot of money to watch a football game. I personally want my team to win. If I have a problem with anything they're doing to the point that I want to try to do something about it, I'd find avenues outside of the game b/c doing anything negative DURING a game does nothing but make it more difficult for the team to succeed. Home field advantage is huge for a reason. I never understood the logic of fans who boo their home team no matter what. Maybe boo them when their running off the field after the final second, but during the game? Why not wear the other team's jersey and cheer for them too?

This is the same guy who caught 16 touchdowns last year... and almost 1300 yards. People need to realize that piling on slumping players has the same effect as screaming at a depressed friend... you're only making it worse. He's proven what he can do. All you and others are doing is helping to make it less likely he'll be able to be that player again... or that he'll go to another team that embraces him and allows him to get back to that level. I'd say it makes sense that the team can't get over the hump but this is how many fans act.
This post is going to be pretty low content but I agree with both of theses statements.

I'd also like to add that I don't boo because it isn't like Braylon is purposely dropping those passes. He is a receiver. He wants to catch every pass he can get. I imagine he is getting ahead of himself and thinking about what to do with the ball before he gets to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #62
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I can kind've understand the fans getting on him in some cases. I mean he did throw out the "These Fans don't show me love" card and from what it sounded like he was saying, he made it seem that he was trying to take all the credit for the success they had last year while forgetting that if it wasn't for the O-Line, Winslow, Anderson and Lewis playing like they were last year, he probably might not have even had the numbers he had last year.

For some reason, minus the QB this almost reminds me of the Javon Walker situation a few years ago. Not saying it's the SAME thing but a little bit of this reminds me of when we went through that situation.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #63
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

He's definitely said some stupid things (a lot in that article posted). He doesn't deserve a complete pass for them either but I'm just talking about fans in general, and the fans started breathing fire down his neck before these comments. The fans began trying to run him out of town first, and if this is true, the fans heckled his family before these comments.

Fans cheered Pennington when he was hurt and tried to limp off the field to save a timeout that might hurt the team's chances to win the game. Fans harrassed Vick all game before he flipped them off and then the same fans tried to use that as proof that he's a thug b/c they have a right to act like that since they paid so much money to be there.

Ravens fans aren't excempt either so I don't want anyone to think I'm just jumping on fans of the Browns or other teams. I just don't understand the mentality of the fan overall to think this behavior makes sense to help your team win. "Fairweather fan" isn't a compliment, but is the norm.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I don't think the booing of Anderson when he got hurt is that big a deal. Obviously, it's disrespectful and shouldn't be done. But look at the city. Cleveland has been tortured for years, and this was supposed to be the year that turned it around for them. Everything went opposite the way it was supposed to. The team and fans are frustrated. So they booed the injured quarterback. They're *******s but you have to understand their frustration and let it go. I guess most people wouldn't because most cities have had sports success.

Personally, I wouldn't have booed him, but I probably would have been thinking, "Well that nightmare is over." Kind of like if JP Losman would've gotten injured when he gave the Jets the game.

I think you missed the point. They CHEERED when he got hurt. There's never a good reason to cheer the injury of a player, ever. Especially your own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »