Home

Need a pro bowl tackle? Albert Haynesworth is available.

This is a discussion on Need a pro bowl tackle? Albert Haynesworth is available. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Need a pro bowl tackle? Albert Haynesworth is available.

As good as he is, he isn't in great shape/gets hurt too much and takes some plays off because of that. He would be stupid to leave and go somewhere where he is the only guy on the DL. His teammates make him a lot better than he is on his own. I wouldn't sign him for more than 4 years though, the contract could be for more years, but the real amount would be 4 years until he gets cut or renegotiates. With uncapped year most likely coming though, he should tell them to put the cap on him, then he could increase that by 20% the next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
It's insane that North America's favourite (and most dangerous) pro sport is the only sport that doesn't have fully-guaranteed contracts.
If there are guaranteed contracts, the money they get now would be less, the length of contracts would be shorter, and anyone over 30 would be on the street or have a 1 year deal.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:03 AM   #18
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I would like to see us make a serious run at either him or Julius Peppers this offseason.
NO. just NO.

lol he would be a good kearse upgrade though....
Old 12-18-2008, 01:06 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
If there are guaranteed contracts, the money they get now would be less, the length of contracts would be shorter, and anyone over 30 would be on the street or have a 1 year deal.
Not a chance. There are too many idiot owners.

Nate Clements $80 million over 8 years?

Nothing against Nate, but the last time I checked he wasn't Alphabet Asoughma guy from Oakland.

Guaranteed contracts or not, I guarantee some dummy is gonna get overpaid this free agent season.

It's just my opinion if someone is gonna get unjustly overpaid, it should be in the NFL ... not the NBA or MLB.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #20
MVP

HungryBologna's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
Nearly about every team could use him, he'll probably stay with the Titans although his agent i'm sure will try to get him to test his options.
I agree, I don't think anyone would NOT like him but who is willing to give him the money and have the room?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I think we'll just stick with Jamal Williams out here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #22
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Unless the Panthers say no thanks or low ball him, I doubt Pep leaves Charlotte. He became all-state in NC, all-American @ UNC, & an all-Pro in NC. Knowing his quiet personality, I just don't see him making a move @ this stage in his career.
well the panthers are going to have to pay big, as they have 2 probowl UFA's this year in peppers and gross. Looking at the potential UFA shows that Peppers will be a huge target this year.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW.../listbypos.htm

Peppers has given reasons to question a long term huge money deal, and the FA market might make him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. The public relations hit of letting him walk away from NC because they didn't want to pay would be bad though.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
well the panthers are going to have to pay big, as they have 2 probowl UFA's this year in peppers and gross. Looking at the potential UFA shows that Peppers will be a huge target this year.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW.../listbypos.htm

Peppers has given reasons to question a long term huge money deal, and the FA market might make him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. The public relations hit of letting him walk away from NC because they didn't want to pay would be bad though.
Yeah. That's why I said it depends on how badly the Panthers want him back. He's nearly back to his old self, but seeing as its a contract year, how much production can they expect? One factor is that the Panthers don't have a 1st round pick, so that money could be used towards signing Pep & Gross.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #24
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Because he played at Tennessee in college, I think roots will matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »