Home

Is it me or is Trey Wingo a D-bag?

This is a discussion on Is it me or is Trey Wingo a D-bag? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #17
Rookie

phillycannon1720's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is it me or is Trey Wingo a D-bag?

A lot of the people on ESPN are dumb. Kornheiser is a good example,why does he do MNF. They couldn't find anyone else to do it. I was watching the Birds game monday night and all he did was rip on Philly's fans. I know we are pretty bad, but we tell it like it is. We love when we love you and we hate you when we hate you. We have a reason to be the way we are. We didn't win a championship from 1983 to 2008. 25 years and 100 seasons. Konrheiser needs to keep his mouth shut. Matter fact not to deviate but Deion Sanders better not come back to Philly either, what a clown. He jumps on Donovans pipe right away after the Arizona game and goes after the fans as well. What a joke of a reporter, great player,horrible anchor. I like the regional ESPN guys. Ed Werder and Sal Paolantonio. They do a good job and I don't care what nobody says, Werder was most likely telling the truth. We know how T.O. is. SO yeah ESPN people are bad except for a few.Berman,TJ,Stuart Scott, those guys are cool.Mostly the rest are garbage and should not be on T.V.

Philadelphia Flyers

Philadelphia Phillies

Philadelphia 76ers
"Birds fly high"
Philly All Day
Follow me on Twitter @im2dopeforwords
Catch me on XBOX Live
Phillycannon170
I play Madden Call Of Duty and NBA 2K12
Old 12-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #18
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8

the funny thing about trey wingo is that b4 he went to bristol, his reporting was solid. he was a local sports reporter here in stl for 4years or so, and never tried to be the center of attention, he just reported and occasionally offered insight. the ironic thing is that he does know a lot about football, having heard him discuss it on talk radio here every now and then. i think that espn picks these guys who are essentially solid sports journalists and they either become prima donnas or epsn encourages such in them. the other guy who used to be here in stl as a local sports reporter, matt winer is as bland as he was while here, so maybe my theory is off. i don't know.

pete
Old 12-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
As is with 95 percent of the sports media these days, the story is more about the reporter telling it than the story they tell.
Great point! The industry is pathetic. I cringe at journalism nowadays....sports, politics, world....it is all very pathetic.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #20
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Actually the bulk of ESPN's baseball crew is pretty solid. It's the football guys who are the worst (I actually like Sal Pal though). ESPN, as someone already pointed out, is entertainment first then reporting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »