Home

Colts secure seventh straight playoff berth

This is a discussion on Colts secure seventh straight playoff berth within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #9
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Colts secure seventh straight playoff berth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
The Patriots have beaten a bunch of mediocre teams this year: Bills, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs, 49ers, and Seahawks.
Wow, are you blind?

Seriously, you need to be celled for being a troll.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 12-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #10
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Don't hate. And I guess the Steelers are mediocre as well.
So because I don't think they'll win the Super Bowl, I'm hating.

Hooray 21st century logic.

Yes, they have nice wins vs Steelers and Ravens but you can't tell me that they haven't benefited from playing the Lions, Bengals, Browns, Jags, etc in recent weeks.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 12-19-2008, 04:03 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Oh they've definitely benefited from those games. But they can only play the teams on their schedule. And they've beaten the teams that they should have beaten. And I wouldn't put the Jags in that discussion. The Jags are a tough team. When they play like themselves, they're a tough team and can play with anybody. Plus the Jags are a division opponent and you know they wanted to knock the Colts out of the Playoffs. But we'll see. You guys can speculate all you want and say that they won't win the Super Bowl and that defense wins games...blah blah blah, but that's why they play the games. I remember everyone writing them off when they were 3-4 and everyone said that the Colts' days were over...oh fast forward 8 weeks and looky there, Manning in the discussion for the MVP and the Colts are 11-4....whoops, looks like people spoke too early.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Oh they've definitely benefited from those games. But they can only play the teams on their schedule. And they've beaten the teams that they should have beaten. And I wouldn't put the Jags in that discussion. The Jags are a tough team. When they play like themselves, they're a tough team and can play with anybody. Plus the Jags are a division opponent and you know they wanted to knock the Colts out of the Playoffs. But we'll see. You guys can speculate all you want and say that they won't win the Super Bowl and that defense wins games...blah blah blah, but that's why they play the games. I remember everyone writing them off when they were 3-4 and everyone said that the Colts' days were over...oh fast forward 8 weeks and looky there, Manning in the discussion for the MVP and the Colts are 11-4....whoops, looks like people spoke too early.
Here we go again...

Who exactly is "everyone" who wrote them off when they were 3-4? Can you link us to some threads where that happened.

In fact, were you even around these parts when they were 3-4... I don't remember seeing any of your posts.

If your answer is "Not here but [insert media, friends, anything other than OS related here]" then please save that argument.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Anyway, Colts going for Ring #2? Must've forgot that Defense still isn't that good and that they're not playing at home this postseason.
It's setting up like 06 when the beat the ravens on the road this team makes stops when they need to we will see how it goes.
Pacers/Heat
Michigan

Old 12-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Here we go again...

Who exactly is "everyone" who wrote them off when they were 3-4? Can you link us to some threads where that happened.

In fact, were you even around these parts when they were 3-4... I don't remember seeing any of your posts.

If your answer is "Not here but [insert media, friends, anything other than OS related here]" then please save that argument.
Huh? Look around man. Where were you? Everyone wrote them off. EVERYONE!!!! Even people here in Indy wrote them off. Seriously. And no I wasn't here on OS, but why the hell does that matter? Are people here on OS just different from every other person in the world?
Old 12-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Huh? Look around man. Where were you? Everyone wrote them off. EVERYONE!!!! Even people here in Indy wrote them off. Seriously. And no I wasn't here on OS, but why the hell does that matter? Are people here on OS just different from every other person in the world?
I live in Baltimore so "looking around" isn't going to make much of a difference... nobody was talking about the Colts either way. It makes a huge difference if you're going to come here and say:

Quote:
I remember everyone writing them off when they were 3-4 and everyone said that the Colts' days were over...oh fast forward 8 weeks and looky there, Manning in the discussion for the MVP and the Colts are 11-4....whoops, looks like people spoke too early.
You're saying I told you so to a bunch of people that didn't say anything that you're arguing against. How do you know everyone here wasn't saying the Colts were just losing early b/c of Saturday's injury and Manning getting the rust knocked off? You don't, b/c you weren't here... so that argument should be saved for places where you know people were down on them.

PPM said they aren't a SB contender. Feel free to continue to go off on him... but not everyone here wrote them off. They have no victim card to play here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Dude, there were a lot of people who wrote them off. ESPN analysts. People on forums. Local people here. People on the radio. I heard it everyday. Remember that Monday Night game against the Titans. And remember on PTI, when they were interviewing Jaws. And Mike Wilbon asked Jaws when he thinks the Colts are going to turn it around and get some wins going, this was when they were 3-3, and Jaws said we'll find out next week when they face the Titans. And everyone said that game was a must win and once we lost, even people on here, said they don't know how people can think the Colts will turn it around because their next two games were against NE and Pitt. A lot of people wrote them off. Go back through threads and find the Titans/Colts Monday Night thread and you'll someone on there say that he doesn't think the Colts will turn it around because the next two games that they had when they were 3-4. I don't know why it matters if people on here didn't say it...when everyone else on other forums and on TV said it. And this doesn't even matter. who cares. I'm done talking about this. They're 11-4, 8 game winning streak, Manning has been playing amazing lately, the defense will get it together, and we'll see come Playoff time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »