Home

Colts secure seventh straight playoff berth

This is a discussion on Colts secure seventh straight playoff berth within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #25
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Colts secure seventh straight playoff berth

Who's flaming who though?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #26
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
That pretty much sums up my thoughts. You got beef with them, go to those forums or write letters to ESPN.

I'm not even trying to take away your right to complain about it, but you come in here and are getting on us for what those people did? Just not gonna happen. Even the die hard Colts fans that have been at OS the whole time should be getting on you for that b/c more have come out of the woodwork AFTER they started winning again.

I dont get it, does every post have to require OS to feel a certain way? I mean its not like the guy said take that OS, the colts are in. The guy made a point that from a general standpoint, anyone whos job is to cover football had the colts written off and now look at em' they are in the playoffs. I dont see whats wrong with it. Go down to the "non sports gaming thread" and look at some of the threads there. If a review gets posted and then someone comes into a thread and says that review burned the game but I played it and its awsome, they dont know what they are talking about, are you going to run into the thread and police it cause nobody on OS said the game was bad so whats the point? You did the same thing when I posted for the titans when they werent getting the respect they deserved, and you were giving me a hard time, there is like 3 titans fans on this board, and as an outlet if I want to talk about the titans not getting respect everywhere else, I dont care if people on OS respect them or not, its what I see and hear everyday and its added to my responses about the Titans on this board.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #27

LL-Cool-P's Arena

OVR: 18

When the Colts went 3-4 I thought no way they'd make it.

Job well done on 8 straight wins.

Peyton's come on well considering his start to the season, getting stronger and stronger every week.

- Back like I never left -

Old 12-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #28
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I dont get it, does every post have to require OS to feel a certain way? I mean its not like the guy said take that OS, the colts are in. The guy made a point that from a general standpoint, anyone whos job is to cover football had the colts written off and now look at em' they are in the playoffs. I dont see whats wrong with it. Go down to the "non sports gaming thread" and look at some of the threads there. If a review gets posted and then someone comes into a thread and says that review burned the game but I played it and its awsome, they dont know what they are talking about, are you going to run into the thread and police it cause nobody on OS said the game was bad so whats the point? You did the same thing when I posted for the titans when they werent getting the respect they deserved, and you were giving me a hard time, there is like 3 titans fans on this board, and as an outlet if I want to talk about the titans not getting respect everywhere else, I dont care if people on OS respect them or not, its what I see and hear everyday and its added to my responses about the Titans on this board.
I was going to let this die but I'll respond to you. First, if I read a comment I disagree with I'll comment on it. I don't see what's wrong with that. I don't read the game threads you listed as an example so I can't tell you whether I would or wouldn't react that way, but the way you described it, no I wouldn't. My comments to you and revis were specifically b/c you DID NOT post things the way you just described. In fact, metaphorically, you did come in saying "take that OS" and the rest of us were just like "wtf are you talking about".

I have no beef with the original post or with either of you or anyone else talking about how the media hasn't given your team enough respect. You can even say that [insert message board or fan site here] isn't giving your team respect. But when you're not clearly saying that your points are coming from somewhere else, it just creates long, drawn out threads of you all trying to prove your point while everyone else is saying you're wrong b/c no one HERE has done the thing you claimed. You even admitted as much before when we talked about it.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #29
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I was going to let this die but I'll respond to you. First, if I read a comment I disagree with I'll comment on it. I don't see what's wrong with that. I don't read the game threads you listed as an example so I can't tell you whether I would or wouldn't react that way, but the way you described it, no I wouldn't. My comments to you and revis were specifically b/c you DID NOT post things the way you just described. In fact, metaphorically, you did come in saying "take that OS" and the rest of us were just like "wtf are you talking about".

I have no beef with the original post or with either of you or anyone else talking about how the media hasn't given your team enough respect. You can even say that [insert message board or fan site here] isn't giving your team respect. But when you're not clearly saying that your points are coming from somewhere else, it just creates long, drawn out threads of you all trying to prove your point while everyone else is saying you're wrong b/c no one HERE has done the thing you claimed. You even admitted as much before when we talked about it.
I never had an issue with you stating your opinion about something you dont agree with, the only issue I have is with the premise that saying "take that" needs to be directed at OS posters and needs to be justified. We did speak about it and at the end of the day, I was a little to eager in my posts earlier and I admitted that, but I dont thin this thread was as much take that OS as any of mine.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:51 PM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

The thread isn't at all. It wasn't the original poster that came in saying "take that". And it's not about whether it's justified or not. Actually in both cases (Titans early on and Colts now) I think it is justified. But it's directed at us, and that's not justified if we didn't doubt the teams. I just like the posts to be clear so there doesn't end up being pages and pages of heated debate b/c of miscommunication.

For the record, I thought the titans would be good this year (not as good as they are) and never doubted the Colts would be in the playoffs. I'm defending that to people that agree with me, b/c of miscommunication.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »