Home

Tom Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson are the biggest haters ever?

This is a discussion on Tom Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson are the biggest haters ever? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Tom Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson are the biggest haters ever?

I haven't watched ESPN's Sunday pregame ever since they hired Rush Limbaugh. That hire told me all I needed to know about that show. Clarence Thomas Jackson's reaction to him told me all I needed to know about the guy.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

Last edited by J0nnD0ugh; 12-21-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

Start watching either The NFL Today on FOX (?) or the one of CBS. They're pretty good.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 12-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #11
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
BS. When that team is winning the media fawns all over them. TO gets the TO treatment because he's TO. He brought it on himself.

This is the price you pay when you promote the "America's Team" moniker and you are the most underachieving team in the league.

Sorry you don't get to have your cake and eat it to. You don't get to be the media darlings, and not have to get the criticism when you stink up the joint.

I know it's complete blasphemy to Cowboy fans when anyone dares to criticize that organization, but if you want to be the face of the league, you have to take your lumps as well.
lol...wouldn't the Chargers be the most underachieving team this year? At least the Cowboys have a realistic shot at the playoffs (though it's doubtful they do much even if they get there). Cowboys are clearly underachieving and I agree with pretty much everything else you said, I just think the Chargers are much more disappointing. They just don't get the same attention, one way or another...lol.

As for the "haters" things (agree it's vastly overused) I actually would agree about Keyshawn. There's a clear bittenrness there towards TO. Tom Jackson, however, is extremely consistent. He doesn't like ANY player who puts himself over the team, period. He doesn't bash TO, he just sits back and says "see?" The Cowboys as a whole have been under more criticism since Parcells left too. But Parcells is above criticism on ESPN also...lol

While I think ESPN is pretty sensationalist in much of their coverage, I don't think it focuses on the Cowboys. They follow he drama and the Cowboys ARE drama. At least they're pretty consistent with it. As you said, if the Cowboys somehow get it together ESPN will be all over it spinning stories about the teams resilience and toughness. ESPN and the Cowboys are a pretty good match, IMO....both are drama queens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #12
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...wouldn't the Chargers be the most underachieving team this year? At least the Cowboys have a realistic shot at the playoffs (though it's doubtful they do much even if they get there). Cowboys are clearly underachieving and I agree with pretty much everything else you said, I just think the Chargers are much more disappointing. They just don't get the same attention, one way or another...lol.
Possibly. But the Chargers were always considered the 3rd best team in the AFC behind New England and Indy. Dallas was considered a lock to play be the NFC entrant in the SB.

Chargers are up there with Dallas, but imo, since Dallas was considered by so many to be a lock for the SB, they are the biggest underachiever. But the Chargers are a very close second imo.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Possibly. But the Chargers were always considered the 3rd best team in the AFC behind New England and Indy. Dallas was considered a lock to play be the NFC entrant in the SB.

Chargers are up there with Dallas, but imo, since Dallas was considered by so many to be a lock for the SB, they are the biggest underachiever. But the Chargers are a very close second imo.
I dunno. Many were actually picking a Cowboys v. Chargers SB. I guess there doesn't have to be a "right" answer on this. The fact that we're even having this discussion means they're both pretty fricken sad this year...lol.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I dunno. Many were actually picking a Cowboys v. Chargers SB. I guess there doesn't have to be a "right" answer on this. The fact that we're even having this discussion means they're both pretty fricken sad this year...lol.
Absolutely. Chargers are right there with them that's for sure.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

If Detroit goes winless, I'd have to say were the most disappointing. Its one thing to not meet high expectations. It's another to woefully fall short of low expectations.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2008, 03:12 PM   #16
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
If Detroit goes winless, I'd have to say were the most disappointing. Its one thing to not meet high expectations. It's another to woefully fall short of low expectations.
I could argue that they exceeded expectations. They were expected to lose and they've done so quite spectacularly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »