Home

Coach Of The Year?

This is a discussion on Coach Of The Year? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #33
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Coach Of The Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13882
The candidates I think worthy of Coach of the Year are:

MIA-Tony Sparano. This team was 1-15 a year ago and now is a game from the playoffs.

ATL-Mike Smith. What a horrible situation Atlanta was in a year ago, but look at them now. What a turnaround he has done.

NE- Bill Belichick. When you lose you MVP and have to start a QB with no starting experience, it will be a challenge. Its just amazing the work he has done.

TEN-Jeff Fisher. After a disappointing season last year to having the best record in football this year. What a job he has done.

What do you guys think? Who do you think deserves coach of the year?

Tennessee had a disappointing season last year? what possesses people to start threads and try and make commentary about stuff, either ask the question and let people respond but dont add your own ******** ideas which make you look like you dont know what you are talking about.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmatic
In a normal year I think Fisher would be the leading candidate, he's just unlucky that there's been 2 teams that have had epic turnarounds this year under new coaching.
In another year I think he'd have a good shot but I still don't think he'd be the lead candidate. But depends on what's "normal". If the Pats make the playoffs then I'd go with BB over Fisher, but if a normal year includes Brady playing then the Pats record would be much better and the Titans' year would look less impressive anyway. My thought of "normal" means candidates that aren't first year or starting rookie QBs, but that wouldn't make Miami's story any less amazing... and honestly both the Ravens and the Falcons had horrible records last year too. Even if you consider the overall record more, you still have Fox who's team did worse last year and is right there with the Titans this year. Or if you look at the Giants losing their two best pass rushers (who arguably won them the SB) before the season even started, and lost their best WR half way through the season and Jacobs for good stretches. Even "normal" means no big injuries then the Colts start with a healthy Manning, Clark and Saturday and Addai plays most of the year... and the Jags would have a few big clogs to work with too. Gotta consider what that might do to the Titans record.

Just don't see a case for Fisher. He deserves props for yet another job well done, but there are just better options out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Tennessee had a disappointing season last year? what possesses people to start threads and try and make commentary about stuff, either ask the question and let people respond but dont add your own ******** ideas which make you look like you dont know what you are talking about.
I think it'd make more sense if they were disappointing last year.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #35
MVP

jpup's Arena

Who is the best coach in the NFL?

It's Jeff Fisher.

I'm biased and proud of it too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2008, 06:43 PM   #36
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup

It's Jeff Fisher.
Ok. Thanks for letting me know there's no reason having a reasonable discussion anymore.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #37
MVP

jpup's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Ok. Thanks for letting me know there's no reason having a reasonable discussion anymore.
You like the Ravens. You are never going to agree.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #38
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
You like the Ravens. You are never going to agree.
I'm never going to agree b/c you presented no argument. I guess you can't get the idea that not everyone associated with your team that's good deserves to be defended to death. I'm a die hard ravens fan and I:

1. don't think Harbaugh should be coach of the year.
2. don't think Reed should be defensive player of the year.
3. don't think the Ravens will win every game and would admittedly be shocked if they made it to the superbowl this year.
4. criticized Steve McNair more than anyone when he was in Baltimore, "saving the offense"
5. criticized Ray Lewis more than anyone when he told the media that the D line wasn't good enough.

Sorry, I guess that doesn't make me a fan-atic... but clearly you have a different way of standing behind your team so there's no reason for a logical discussion. If anything it's you being a Titans fan and not me being a Ravens fan. Hell, I've said as many good things about the Steelers this years as the Steelers fans. No reason to hate just for hate's sake.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:

It's Jeff Fisher.

I'm biased and proud of it too.
BTW, when I replied before you didn't have that last line... if you did I wouldn't have thought you were just a crazy blind homer. I no longer think you're crazy, lol.

For the record, I think Fisher deserves to be in the discussion for the best coach in the NFL, but that's a different discussion.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #40
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
In another year I think he'd have a good shot but I still don't think he'd be the lead candidate. But depends on what's "normal". If the Pats make the playoffs then I'd go with BB over Fisher, but if a normal year includes Brady playing then the Pats record would be much better and the Titans' year would look less impressive anyway. My thought of "normal" means candidates that aren't first year or starting rookie QBs, but that wouldn't make Miami's story any less amazing... and honestly both the Ravens and the Falcons had horrible records last year too. Even if you consider the overall record more, you still have Fox who's team did worse last year and is right there with the Titans this year. Or if you look at the Giants losing their two best pass rushers (who arguably won them the SB) before the season even started, and lost their best WR half way through the season and Jacobs for good stretches. Even "normal" means no big injuries then the Colts start with a healthy Manning, Clark and Saturday and Addai plays most of the year... and the Jags would have a few big clogs to work with too. Gotta consider what that might do to the Titans record.

Just don't see a case for Fisher. He deserves props for yet another job well done, but there are just better options out there.
By 'normal', I really just meant taking Atlanta's and Miami's ridiculous turnarounds out of the equation. I really don't think Coughlin or Belichick ever had a shot just due to being victims of their own success. Everyone gets injuries, but with Coughlin coming off winning the SB, and Belichick coming off a 16-0 season, I think it would be pretty tough for them to do enough to really stand out. I do agree about Fox and Harbaugh, they're not really getting mentioned, but should be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »