Home

Week 17: Broncos vs Chargers (Flex Game)

This is a discussion on Week 17: Broncos vs Chargers (Flex Game) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2008, 03:55 AM   #57
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Week 17: Broncos vs Chargers (Flex Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
No doubt Denver could've made it easier on themselves winning that game but they knew a loss wasn't going to eliminate them.

If you asked me yesterday who had more urgency going into the day, SD on the road at TB or Denver, I'd say San Diego because they needed a win to remain alive.

If Denver been in San Diego's shoes against Buffalo, there would've been more urgency. Key word being more. I think it would've affected the mindset of the players differently.
I see no way how that could be true. But to each their own.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #58
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
You can't say that it's that cut and dry.

Denver would've gone into the Buffalo game (or prior games) with more urgency had they lost the first SD game because they would've been a game back and who knows, maybe a SD win that day would've changed the attitude of the team and they could be multiple games better.

The impact of that game would've been much greater than one game in the win/loss column.

All I know is that Charger fans can't bitch anymore because they've been given a shot at redemption. If they truly deserve it (which frankly, no one in the West does), they'll win at home no less on Sunday Night.

I have no rooting interest but should be a wild game.
Again with the hearsay. They woulda if it was this way. The records speak for themselves. We could sit here all day and say if the Broncos lost they would have played that game this way. Fact of the matter is the only thing we can go on is was ACTUALLY happened this season.

As for not deserving it I agree that some team is gonna get shafted this year (probably your Pats which is why I can understand you issue) but the system is set up a certain way and I read somewhere that this type thing has only happened once before so while its gonna suck for some teams fan base it is kind of a fluke.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #59
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Point taken. I guess I'd have to be you your guys' shoes to fully understand.
I'll give you a comparison using the Ravens. There were pretty big calls that many think were blown and led to a Ravens lost in both games against the Steelers and the game against the Titans. One of those calls goes the other way and the Ravens are already a lock in the playoffs and possibly playing to win the division... maybe even 1st place in the AFC if all 3 went differently.

Your argument is completely true for the Ravens b/c in each case, it was still subjective. Even if most people disagree with the way those calls went, they're all still just opinions AND even if they did go the other way it's just an assumption that the Ravens would've won those games, even though they would've been in a great place to in each case.

I think you see examples like the Ravens all the time and that's the general way to think about it... it is what it is and if they deserve to go they still have a chance to prove that. With the Chargers, it's not the same situation. He obviously blew the call and admitted it, and the correct call would've ended the game with a Chargers win. The difference is the Broncos got an unfair advantage that directly resulted in them winning a game. Any other example is a situation that can happen to any team and only increases the chances of the team winning. This is something that no other team has had to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I don't really think we'll put it on you guys. I think it'll be a tough game and I'm actually more scared of the Chargers than I am of the Titans or Ravens. But the Steelers remain my most feared team to play in the Playoffs. And now Chargers second. I think we would put it on the Broncos, but not the Chargers.
You should. The Ravens are always horribly matched up against the Colts and of the 3 teams (BAL, SD, TEN) IND knows the Titans the best and will have just played them in Week 17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I see no way how that could be true. But to each their own.
Yeah, there's no way Denver wanted to play SD with the division on the line in week 17.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #60
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Should be a fun game to attend. Are Charger fans as ruthless in person as Raider fans are? I was thinking of wearing a Champ Bailey jersey or something.

Also, I'm coming down on Sat. night probably so can some of you SD guys suggest a bar to watch the morning and afternoon games before heading to the stadium? I don't wanna miss Week 17 just because I'm coming down for this game.
Matrix,

Charger fans aren't as ruthless as Raider fans are supposed to be, but of the pro and college stadiums I have been too, Charger fans are the worst fans IMO. That being said, every year for the past 4 years, my friend and I go to the Charger/Bronco game in SD, and he always wears his Denver jerseys. The worst that has happened to him was having beer and popcorn thrown on him.

As for bars, get a place in Hotel Circle if it's not too late. Saturday, check out the games at Oggi's Pizza (great pizza, hot waitresses, cheap prices). They are all over the city. Sunday, if you aren't tailgating, go to McGregor's. It's one block from the stadium, and it's a great place to watch games. If you are planning on tailgating, check your PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
Matrix,

Charger fans aren't as ruthless as Raider fans are supposed to be, but of the pro and college stadiums I have been too, Charger fans are the worst fans IMO. That being said, every year for the past 4 years, my friend and I go to the Charger/Bronco game in SD, and he always wears his Denver jerseys. The worst that has happened to him was having beer and popcorn thrown on him.

As for bars, get a place in Hotel Circle if it's not too late. Saturday, check out the games at Oggi's Pizza (great pizza, hot waitresses, cheap prices). They are all over the city. Sunday, if you aren't tailgating, go to McGregor's. It's one block from the stadium, and it's a great place to watch games. If you are planning on tailgating, check your PM.

Oggi's blows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Oggi's blows.
Correct. Overrated

Go Chargers. If we can beat this team, anything can happen once the playoffs start. What a weird season.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #63
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Oggi's blows.
Agreed.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #64
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

lol, guys give him another suggestion then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »