Home

No Fun League INDEED fines Wes Welker $10K for SNOW ANGEL

This is a discussion on No Fun League INDEED fines Wes Welker $10K for SNOW ANGEL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #33
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Wes Welker Fined $10,000 For Snow Angel

Stupid fine.

Here's something I wonder though. If they were to go to the sideline quickly and celebrate from the bench, could they still be fine or would it strictly be end zone celebration?

If so, I'd just sprint my *** to the sideline and do anything and everything.

Bob N Weave, Fun Bunch jump, snow angel, whatever...
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 12-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #34
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Where do the fines even go? I know everytime a guy in the NHL gets fined, they always mention how it goes to the NHL Players emergency fund. It'd be great if the NFL sent these fines to the old time players who are struggling with their health in life after football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
But character and class left a long time ago. Not just football, but this whole world.
That's completely untrue. There is plenty of character, class, and dignity left in this world. It's abundant with it, actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
That's completely untrue. There is plenty of character, class, and dignity left in this world. It's abundant with it, actually.
Yup!! Completely agree.

The thing that is more and more abundant is pessimism....

Stupid rule in the NFL!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #37
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I'd debate with you, but politics aren't allowed around here.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #38
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

I agree to an extent but I won't go to the extremes that Freelance/erod went with his statement. There IS plenty of class, character and dignity but you have to look awful hard to find it at times.

Maybe i'll expand on my thoughts elsewhere.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
I'd debate with you, but politics aren't allowed around here.
I don't even see why politics have to be brought up...

You want character? How about my wife's father who does a job he absolutely loves, and charges very little for his work. He works hard, he works constantly, and he's very honest about what he charges. He just loves the work.

Or how about when his business was recently destroyed and people he'd maybe met once or twice before were driving up to his house to donate money to help him get back on his feet. People he basically didn't even know. Talk about character and class.

How about the hundreds of thousands of people who work volunteer jobs, or those who work for the health and safety of the public? How about the fireman who puts himself in danger to try to rescue someone from a fire, or put it out?

How about those nurses or aids who work 40+ hours a week wiping people's bottoms, turning them, trying to make them feel better? Those who work at elderly homes, feeding, bathing, and walking people ranging from somewhat healthy, to completely and utterly helpless and need someone to do everything for them?

How about that child who sees another child's family who can't afford to give him gifts for Christmas, so he takes his whole $10 that he's been saving and buys him a present?

Politics doesn't even need to be mentioned.

Class, dignity, respect, character, honesty, honor... It's all very much alive and very much well. It just seems some people choose to ignore it and focus only on the bad things in this world.

The world is a truly amazing place. People come together all the time when others are in need - people are constantly putting others ahead of themselves when the time calls for it. Humanity is alive and well.

Unfortunately, some really crappy events mar its name, and cause some people to focus solely on those; and that's truly saddening.

I'll tell you right now - I've been lucky enough to be around the world; and I've seen some amazing things.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #40

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
If you watched games in the 70s, you didn't see this stuff and the game was never better or more healthy. Rivalries were truly rivalries. Players didn't laugh it up and hug after the games like they do know.

But character and class left a long time ago. Not just football, but this whole world.
Well free agency plays a big part in that as well and because of that players are changing teams so often that they dont really have any allegiance to one team over another so rivalries die over time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »