Home

Brett Favre is the Most Depressing Athlete of All Time

This is a discussion on Brett Favre is the Most Depressing Athlete of All Time within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Brett Favre is the Most Depressing Athlete of All Time

Win or lose, why does he always sounds like someone just died in his interviews? For a man that supposedly loves the game so much, I only see any passion when he throws a touchdown. I'd hate to be a Jets fan because even when they were winning he didn't act like they had any kind of chance to make the playoffs. I give Brett respect for his Green Bay years back in the day, but the man is overrated as a quarterback. I think it's time for him to put on his dusty Wranglers and head off into the sunset. I really don't want this offseason to be the whole will he leave or stay scenario again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Brett Favre is the Most Depressing Athlete of All Time

Unfortunately, that discussion will resume right after this Sunday as it has for the last 4-5 years now.

Curious to know, what made you think he was overrated as a QB. Not trying to start anything or saying you're wrong, just interested in how you came to that?
Old 12-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Unfortunately, that discussion will resume right after this Sunday as it has for the last 4-5 years now.

Curious to know, what made you think he was overrated as a QB. Not trying to start anything or saying you're wrong, just interested in how you came to that?
Well as far as a career goes, I can't say that Brett doesn't have great numbers. The overrated comment was more based on the amount of the media love that he gets. When he's playing well he can bring a team wins, but they talk about his man like he's Christ-like sometimes.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Yea I kinda figured you meant the media attention thing, that's why I asked. And I agree 100% with you too. I finally got to experience it first hand this season because it was like everytime the man threw an interception, it was "Oh, he's just having fun out there" or some excuse defending him for throwing the interception.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Yea I kinda figured you meant the media attention thing, that's why I asked. And I agree 100% with you too. I finally got to experience it first hand this season because it was like everytime the man threw an interception, it was "Oh, he's just having fun out there" or some excuse defending him for throwing the interception.

Exactly. The media over-rates him to disgusting levels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Nothing comes even close to John Madden and Skip Bayless(although I think his is moreso staged by BSPN to keep people watching that crap of a show First Take)
Old 12-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Nothing comes even close to John Madden and Skip Bayless(although I think his is moreso staged by BSPN to keep people watching that crap of a show First Take)
Haha, Skip Bayless is hilarious. I love watching First Take just to hear his points. lol. I mean, a lot of people say he's an idiot and all of that. But a lot of his points that he makes are good points, and he is right a lot of the time. lol. Although some of his points are just insane and ridiculous sounding, some of them are spot on. Earlier this season, when TO first got upset because he wasn't getting the ball, Skip said the Cowboys would go 9-7 and miss the Playoffs....well right now that looks likely, unless they can beat the Eagles...they're going 9-7 and will miss the Playoffs. haha. but yea, he does make good points if you can somehow ignore all of the yelling and nonsense sh*t that he says.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #8
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl...houlder_plans/

Quote:
Favre often turned nostalgic Wednesday, sounding at times as if he was preparing to say farewell rather than look ahead to more football. He talked about living out his boyhood dreams and becoming a record-breaking player in the process.

"It's been a great career," he said. "This year was a gamble, I guess you could say, a risk, whatever you want to call it. I can honestly say I'm thankful I was given the opportunity here. It's been a lot of fun. It's been good and bad at times as far as our season has gone, but I'm glad I came.

"I made the right decision."

When told that his tone and statements seemed to indicate he was leaning toward not coming back, Favre said that wasn't true.

"I'm disappointed, as everyone else in this building is disappointed," he said. "The opportunities that were presented to us, we couldn't have asked for a better opportunity. I'm disappointed because we didn't capitalize on that, as our fans are, as everyone else is. Basically that's what you're seeing right now. ... I mean, I'm not going to sit up here and be happy-go-lucky."

Favre added that the result of this weekend's game would not sway his decision one way or the other, even if it means a disappointing ending to what has been one of the most successful careers in NFL history.

"I could be playing 10 more years and end on a bad note, I have no idea," he said. "I don't want to be chasing ghosts."
Same **** different team.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »