Home

AFC Wild Card: Ravens @ Dolphins

This is a discussion on AFC Wild Card: Ravens @ Dolphins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2009, 02:24 AM   #545
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: AFC Wild Card: Ravens @ Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
If the Ravens keep Porter from making disruptive plays I see a sound victory.

We should get a pick or two from candy arm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13882
I doubt it. The Dolphins don't turn the ball over that much, they tied the record with least amount of turnovers in a season. We won't give Suggs a freebie like the last game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamannator
I'm gonna have to pick the Dolphins in this one. They play tough, turn over-free football, and that's what needs to be done in the play offs. Pennington also has the ability to make plays when he needs to, so watch out. The Ravens also play very tough, but I think the Dolphins avenge their loss in the regular season by knocking the Ravens out of the post season, 17-13.
LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #546
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Yeah and we demolished the Eagles who kicked the Giants butt. Don't be a RAVEN *****!!!!!!!
I do not think he is being a *****. The Ravens are very vulnerable offensively. I do not think that offense can put up points if a team is able to score on the their defense with any regularity. The Ravens strength is stopping the run without having to commit too many players. They were crushed against the giants because they could not do that. People here say that miami has a dominant running game, I disagree. If you want to know what one looks like its the giants. The ravens could not stop the run, had to commit players, got really tired due to the giants long drives and ended up just getting beat up on defense. Their offense didnt help them much because they really arent a team that can keep up drives. It was driving me crazy that they were going three and out so quickly v miami. That just doenst allow ur defense to rest. If Tennessee can run the ball consistently next week then i dont see how the ravens offense will be able to match long drives. If the ravens do stop the run, the titans are dead in the water. That doesnt change the fact that the Ravens as dominant as their defense is, as showed vs a weak and limited miami team, are vulnerable and very beatable.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #547
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yep mostly drafts and to be honest alot of guys out there were not brought here to be starters, they were brought here for depth. As Adam mentioned Bannan, Washington and Leonard. They were not starters. They were depth. We have 3 defensive starters on IR. Some guys were undrafted like Bart Scott and although on IR Kelly Gregg, who would be starting, but Bannan has filled in well as has McKinney (another undrafted player). Actually there are only two starters on D from free agency that were brought here to be starters and that's Rolle and Pryce, the remainder of the D is from drafts, undrafted rooks and depth through FA.
Man, your FO sure can pick out talent, that's for sure
Old 01-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #548
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartansocc12
I do not think he is being a *****. The Ravens are very vulnerable offensively. I do not think that offense can put up points if a team is able to score on the their defense with any regularity. The Ravens strength is stopping the run without having to commit too many players. They were crushed against the giants because they could not do that. People here say that miami has a dominant running game, I disagree. If you want to know what one looks like its the giants. The ravens could not stop the run, had to commit players, got really tired due to the giants long drives and ended up just getting beat up on defense. Their offense didnt help them much because they really arent a team that can keep up drives. It was driving me crazy that they were going three and out so quickly v miami. That just doenst allow ur defense to rest. If Tennessee can run the ball consistently next week then i dont see how the ravens offense will be able to match long drives. If the ravens do stop the run, the titans are dead in the water. That doesnt change the fact that the Ravens as dominant as their defense is, as showed vs a weak and limited miami team, are vulnerable and very beatable.
Try again bud. That analysis of the Ravens is very weak.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #549
MVP

HungryBologna's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaImmaculateONe
And why isnt Wilford playin i thought he would be mia possesion receiver?
He was hurt most of the year.

As far as Dolphin fans not being surprised if we finish 8-8 next year, hell I'll take it, that's prob where we should be. This year was amazing and no one predicted the Dolphins winning more than 5 or 6 yet alone winning the division and making the playoffs.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #550
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
That doesnt change the fact that the Ravens as dominant as their defense is, as showed vs a weak and limited miami team, are vulnerable and very beatable.
What's weak is your analysis. You'd think the Ravens won the game 6-3.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #551
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryBologna
He was hurt most of the year.

As far as Dolphin fans not being surprised if we finish 8-8 next year, hell I'll take it, that's prob where we should be. This year was amazing and no one predicted the Dolphins winning more than 5 or 6 yet alone winning the division and making the playoffs.
Hurt? Wilford just plain sucked man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #552
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
One thing you're right about, that is the way to beat the Ravens. And the Giants did a good job of it. The problem is you believe that's the norm. The Ravens average 24 ppg (that's 11th in the league, ahead of Colts, Cowboys and the mighty Titans). They average 149 rushing yards per game... 4th in the league and also ahead of the Titans. They execute their offense pretty well. But if you think the D is the only reason they average that many points, then I'd say you shouldn't have any reason to think the D will be stopped... that'd make them better than even I think they are.

They also give up only 81 rushing yards per game... 3rd in the league and also fewer than the Titans. That's including the huge rushing day the Giants had on them, but it's still pretty clear that running on the Ravens is not an easy gameplan to pull off. Just to make the point crystal clear, the Ravens D rank ahead of the Titans in rushing yards, passing yards (2nd vs 9th) and total yards per game (2nd vs 7th). The only main category they trail TEN is points (Titans give up 14.6 and the Ravens give up 15.2, 2nd vs 3rd in the league). On offense BAL ranks higher in points, rushing yards and total yards. They only trail the Titans in passing yards per game (176.2 vs 175.5).

So basically any thought you have about the Ravens you might as well echo it for the Titans, even though I think your analysis is wrong anyway for either team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »