Home

Official 2009 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official 2009 NFL Draft Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #49
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Official 2009 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
OSU, what's your take on Malcolm Jenkins and Vontae Davis?

I know you've had the pleasure of seeing these two play more than I have but do you think either of them is worth being a Top 10 pick?
Malcolm Jenkins is someone who has the ability to be a shut down corner in the NFL, only thing he lacks is top flight speed. Some seem to think that he will be a safety in the NFL, which would fit him well. Great tackler, Great Zone defender, above average at man to man.

Vontae Davis is a good cover corner. He can man up on nearly any college WR and play them fairly well. He isn't, however, someone you can build a defense around, but he'll do a very solid job. IMO, mid to late 1st round or one of the first few picks of the 2nd round.

Jenkins has more potential if he can ever pull it all together, but Davis is still a very solid player. Don't think you could go wrong with either.

Of course, this is all JMO.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #50
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Any good edge rushers or secondary guys to look out for @ 15??
Old 12-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #51
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Pats have some serious CB deficiencies and now that we're picking at #24, I'm not sure if there will be a CB worth taking at that spot. So at #24, we would either take a CB (if one is available AND worthy of the pick) or an Inside Linebacker. If neither, I would fully expect the Pats to trade down and continue to stockpile draft picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 11:19 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
Pats have some serious CB deficiencies and now that we're picking at #24, I'm not sure if there will be a CB worth taking at that spot. So at #24, we would either take a CB (if one is available AND worthy of the pick) or an Inside Linebacker. If neither, I would fully expect the Pats to trade down and continue to stockpile draft picks.
I have no idea what the Broncos would do. Safety? Linebacker? Dominant pass rusher? Who knows.

Although, a big safety like Taylor Mays (is he the big one?) sounds appealing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Are either worth a top 5 pick?

I like Rey because he is consistent, but I love Cushing because he has the ability.
I think Top 5 may be a tad high. I think Top 15 is more appropriate.

Sleeper of the USC guys, Kevin Ellison. While not as phsyically imposing or gifted as Mays, there are those of us who feel he was a better player during his college career, and has a better nose for the football.

Taylor Mays will probably be the first one drafted. 6'3", 230 lbs. safeties who run legit 4.3's are hard to come by. Mays is the fastest player on the Trojans.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #54
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
I thought about this and as funny as it seems, I can see the Pats taking A D-lineman in the 1st round. It may seem crazy but considering Wilfork, Jarvis Green, and Seymour are all free agents after 2009. Belichek likes to build the defense from the line out so don't be surprised if A d-lineman is drafted in the 1st.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #55
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I think Top 5 may be a tad high. I think Top 15 is more appropriate.

Sleeper of the USC guys, Kevin Ellison. While not as phsyically imposing or gifted as Mays, there are those of us who feel he was a better player during his college career, and has a better nose for the football.

Taylor Mays will probably be the first one drafted. 6'3", 230 lbs. safeties who run legit 4.3's are hard to come by. Mays is the fastest player on the Trojans.
I thought the same thing. With today's 3 and 4 WR sets, a Safety that can cover is a very important thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #56
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
I prefer the Lions to get either defensive end Michael Johnson or Everette Brown with the #20 pick, even though there's a good chance that Johnson will not fall that far. But I certainly wouldn't reject the idea of drafting a linebacker here instead.

Kruza
I can see the speed rusher off the edge pick, but i look at all the dominant D's and they have one thing in common, a Stud DT in some shape or form that opens up everything else behind him(Haynesworth, Ngata, Hampton, etc.) I still wish we kept Shaun Rogers, when he wanted to play he was elite, and i guarantee he was better than what we got for him (that POS
"I'm elite" Bodden).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »