Home

Man-Genius FIRED as NY Jets Coach...

This is a discussion on Man-Genius FIRED as NY Jets Coach... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Man-Genius FIRED as NY Jets Coach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Good riddance.

If Cleveland or Buffalo fans want him, then

He's a defensive coordinator at best. He was in over his head.

The Jets need a coach who's going to crack the whip and not just bend over for the media or his favorite players.

Peace cuz...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
This same post could have been made about Bill Bellichek in 1995.
Or about Pennington in 2008.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #42
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
If they fired him to make Brett happy... words can't even express the level of stupidity there.
I admit, it's a stretch, but the point was hinted at that Brett sells luxury boxes at the new stadium and Mangini doesn't...

It's my favorite theory: "If you want to know the answer to any question, follow the money"...
Old 12-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
This same post could have been made about Bill Bellichek in 1995.

And hundreds of other coaches who ended up just sucking at coaching.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #44
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I admit, it's a stretch, but the point was hinted at that Brett sells luxury boxes at the new stadium and Mangini doesn't...

It's my favorite theory: "If you want to know the answer to any question, follow the money"...
Yeah I follow your rationale... just saying if that ends up being true, it's taking them down to a new level of stupidity.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:57 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 8

poor Mangina being the scapegoat for the disaster of Favre.

I find ti amusing that it is rumoured Cowher doesn't want to coach the Jets because of favre. Brett is uncoachable but the media still licks his sac...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 02:20 PM   #46
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

It's hilarious, I wanted Mangini fired because the guy is not a good coach or talent evaluator (the #6 overall pick = Vernon "The Ghost" Gholston).

However, trying to get Tannenbaum or Woody give a reason they fired Mangini was impossible. Give me ONE reason (there are several) and these two kept repeating the same mantra, "It was a judgment call." These clowns wanted to get rid of him because they were hoping for the chance that Cowher would come and boost seat sales more.

The only rational reason they would want a washed up Favre back is to sell seats too- surgery won't help him read defenses any better.

It's no secret the PSL sales are going terribly for the Jets- its all about the bottom line. Woody felt the fan base was unhappy with Mangini and thus wouldn't buy seats in his precious stadium.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #47
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
It's hilarious, I wanted Mangini fired because the guy is not a good coach or talent evaluator (the #6 overall pick = Vernon "The Ghost" Gholston).

However, trying to get Tannenbaum or Woody give a reason they fired Mangini was impossible. Give me ONE reason (there are several) and these two kept repeating the same mantra, "It was a judgment call." These clowns wanted to get rid of him because they were hoping for the chance that Cowher would come and boost seat sales more.

The only rational reason they would want a washed up Favre back is to sell seats too- surgery won't help him read defenses any better.

It's no secret the PSL sales are going terribly for the Jets- its all about the bottom line. Woody felt the fan base was unhappy with Mangini and thus wouldn't buy seats in his precious stadium.
The Post reported today that Cowher is interested, but is not interested in retaining Favre...

If they get Cowher to commit it's a win+win b/c he can sell the seats and the franchise gets rid of both Mangini and Favre EXACTLY at their 'sell by' date...

Interesting to see if the Jets can 'fail up' to the Cowher minus Favre scenario...
Old 12-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #48
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Mangini was the only guy gullible enough to coach Favre- its clear that the Jets idiotically want Favre to come back and Cowher smartly doesn't want to be within 10 feet of that circus.

Brett Favre: missing the playoffs, leading the league in interceptions, losing a 3rd round draft pick, the guy no established coach wants on the roster... the gift that just keeps on giving

Quote:
Sources close to Cowher said he did not want to have Favre as his quarterback, and that he also wanted to bring in people he was familiar with to handle personnel.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...olt/index.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »