Home

Report: 2010 Pro-Bowl to precede Super Bowl

This is a discussion on Report: 2010 Pro-Bowl to precede Super Bowl within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2008, 01:20 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Report: 2010 Pro-Bowl to precede Super Bowl

I'm in favor of this move. I also have another suggestion. play the Pro Bowl in a foreign country. Instead of taking a home game away from local fans. Or, give the team that loses a home game to Europe the chance to host the Pro Bowl. I prefer the 1st option, because if the NFL wants to sell the league overseas, what better way than to have the best there to act as ambassadors?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:12 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I just saw this myself. You know what would be better? Why don't they still have the Pro Bowl after the SB but pit the SB winner vs. an all star squad?

I think that would be interesting.
That would be horrible.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:49 AM   #11
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Better move would be to just axe this thing. No one watches it.
I'll watch it if I need to fall asleep
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 03:18 AM   #12
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

You know what would be even better? Keep the Pro Bowl where it is and just cut the two week wait for the Super Bowl down to one like it should be.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Nobody cares about NFL football after the Superbowl, including the players. Players opt out left and right... they aren't in the same shape by that time. This is the best they could've done. Gives fans a reason to want to watch it and players a bit more interest in playing. The Hawaii vacation thing doesn't mean much to a bunch of millionaires. They can fly their families to Hawaii whenever they want.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #14
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
That would be horrible.
Care to elaborate because I can't read your mind.

I think it'd at least be interesting. The game is already a bastardization of football so having the SB winner vs an All Star squad wouldn't be such a bad thing. Maybe it'll even foster some competition. I mean would a player on the all star squad like to lose to the SB champs? I think not.

This format isn't so crazy either as the NHL used it for a long time before settling on the format most fans know of today.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-30-2008, 02:17 PM   #15
Rookie

shadymouse's Arena

OVR: 4

I use to love the Skills competition. And im pretty sure the athletes do also. Nothing sounds better than somebody saying "so and so is going up against the fastest man in the NFL" It could boost a players confidence dramatically, in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 03:27 PM   #16
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Care to elaborate because I can't read your mind.

I think it'd at least be interesting. The game is already a bastardization of football so having the SB winner vs an All Star squad wouldn't be such a bad thing. Maybe it'll even foster some competition. I mean would a player on the all star squad like to lose to the SB champs? I think not.
This would be a horrible idea. Ronnie Lott cut off the tip of his finger to continue playing in a SB game. That's an extreme but it's a good symbol of what the players put on the line in that game. Most probably can't move for weeks after. Why on earth would they agree to play another meaningless game afterwards? The ones with legit injuries can't just be replaced either. I know I'd be pissed if my team won the superbowl and their reward was for any one of them risking injury in that game. Even the players that do play in the pro bowl don't play nearly the snaps they would in a normal game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »