Home

Dick Jauron STAYS As Bills Head Coach

This is a discussion on Dick Jauron STAYS As Bills Head Coach within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2008, 04:41 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Dick Jauron STAYS As Bills Head Coach

Well they gave Dick a 3 year extension in October,.so if they fired him they'd have to still pay out all that money to a guy who isn't working for them.

So the Bills kind of screwed themselves.

But I think that the Bills have the foundations to be a good team. Despite their collapse in the second half of the season, they showed some signs that they can be competitive.

The first thing they really need to do though is get a solid back-up Quarterback,..because JP Losman...really stunk up the joint when he came in for an injured Trent Edwards.

Last edited by swill43507; 12-31-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
So your starting quarterback gets hurt and your supposed to win?

Buffalo is a team that doesn't have the talent to win 10 games or more. So when they started out fast I think they overacheived.

Why would you want to fire Jauron when there are other coaching vacancies and besides Cleveland, Buffalo would be the worst destination.....

I am glad Jauron is coming back. Next year playoffs.
Gotta agree with this. I don't even think they overachieved early, they had a pretty light schedule. I didn't see enough Jets games to say Jauron truly sucks, so he might be as bad as some of you say. But it would've been hard for any coach to have the season turn out much differently than it did... maybe one more win. Between the schedule layout and Edwards' injuries, it was a tough task.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 PM   #11
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
So your starting quarterback gets hurt and your supposed to win?

Buffalo is a team that doesn't have the talent to win 10 games or more. So when they started out fast I think they overacheived.

Why would you want to fire Jauron when there are other coaching vacancies and besides Cleveland, Buffalo would be the worst destination.....

I am glad Jauron is coming back. Next year playoffs.
J.P. was going to win the game vs NYJ when Jauron made a terrible decision to throw it on 2nd and 5. They definitely have the talent - just boneheaded decisions cost the team. Hell, the Pats and the Fins did more with less this year. They have plenty of talent, just pisspoor decisions that cost the team.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
J.P. was going to win the game vs NYJ when Jauron made a terrible decision to throw it on 2nd and 5. They definitely have the talent - just boneheaded decisions cost the team. Hell, the Pats and the Fins did more with less this year. They have plenty of talent, just pisspoor decisions that cost the team.
I didn't know Jauron was the offensive coordinator.....The play was a bootleg which has a run-pass option. JP should have had better ball security but if you want to blame coaching for that you are the fan. I guess it is always better to be changing than to stay the same.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #13
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
I didn't know Jauron was the offensive coordinator.....The play was a bootleg which has a run-pass option. JP should have had better ball security but if you want to blame coaching for that you are the fan. I guess it is always better to be changing than to stay the same.
He has the ultimate control over play calling. The fact is they were running everywhere with Marshawn most of the game and they could have easily run it there.

You really think he should stay? The dude has had ONE winning season as a head coach in the NFL.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 01-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #14
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Old 01-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
You really think he should stay? The dude has had ONE winning season as a head coach in the NFL.
Yup. 7-9 isn't bad. Next year is obviously his last unless he wins the division.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #16
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
He has the ultimate control over play calling. The fact is they were running everywhere with Marshawn most of the game and they could have easily run it there.

Yeah, didn't he say after the game that he okay'ed the call, too? Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »