Home

Peyton Manning is our MVP

This is a discussion on Peyton Manning is our MVP within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #49
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Peyton Manning is our MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Once again...

Because look at how Peyton played down the stretch compared to Brees. And look at how Brees led them to a mere 8-8 record and missed the Playoffs. Peyton carried his team, as did Brees. But Peyton carried his team further and won games simply because of him. Peyton engineered SEVEN game winning drives in the 4th quarter(would've been eight if it weren't for his defense in week 3 against the Jags). Peyton brought his team back from 3-4, and brought his team back FOUR times after being down by 10 or more points...that's an NFL record. Also, in a game where the Colts had to win to clinch a Playoff spot, they were down by 14 points and Peyton comes out and completes 29 of 34 passes, 364 yards, and 3 TD's with a 141 passer rating. He played magnificent down the stretch, while Brees was inconsistent throwing 2 or 3 INT's in games where they had to win to save their season.
Drew can't control the defense. He has led the Saints to touchdowns only to have the defense **** things up and lose the game. With that being said, there's no way that Drew would've won the award and it's not a big deal(to me at least) that he didn't win it.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 01-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Peyton Manning is our MVP\

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Drew can't control the defense. He has led the Saints to touchdowns only to have the defense **** things up and lose the game. With that being said, there's no way that Drew would've won the award and it's not a big deal(to me at least) that he didn't win it.
Same could be said for Rivers.

Like you, I honestly don't care. Individual awards really do nothing for me at this point.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I see the homers have shown up.

The way I see it 4 or 5 guys have legit claims to the award. I have no problem with Manning winning it. I probably would have voted for him or Pennington if I had a vote.
Why do you call everyone homers?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #52
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Why do you call everyone homers?
Didn't call everyone anything..
Old 01-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #53
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
You can't say that with any sort of evidence to back up that claim. Do you really think the Colts go 11-5 with Sorgi at the helm?
dude, what claim do I need to back up? its a known fact that the MVP award across all of the major sports, is a statistically driven award, if it wasnt then the only people eligable would be players on playoff/championship teams. Its not like your going to look at a losing team and say well they are 5-11 but without him they would be 2-14?

Im not saying manning doesnt deserve it, the definition of the award makes him the #1 candidate, but we can simply say that every single year as even last year and the year before, who was more valuable to their team than manning? obviously not brady who won last year as without him they were still playoff caliber. This year the bradys and Ladanian tomlinsons aint around and there are has beens and up and comers taking their teams to the playoffs and Manning has the biggest name. Thats why he is the MVP.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Drew can't control the defense. He has led the Saints to touchdowns only to have the defense **** things up and lose the game. With that being said, there's no way that Drew would've won the award and it's not a big deal(to me at least)
that he didn't win it.
I'm sure someone's touched upon it, but Drew threw an interception in 7 of the Saints 8 losses, multiple interceptions in 5 of those losses, and posted a QB rating in the 60s in 6 of the losses.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Im not saying manning doesnt deserve it, the definition of the award makes him the #1 candidate, but we can simply say that every single year as even last year and the year before, who was more valuable to their team than manning? obviously not brady who won last year as without him they were still playoff caliber. This year the bradys and Ladanian tomlinsons aint around and there are has beens and up and comers taking their teams to the playoffs and Manning has the biggest name. Thats why he is the MVP.
Do you mean the crazy stats, considering you said it was a stat driven award? If so, I'd think that Drew Brees qualifies for this, and he should have beem named the MVP. Without him, the Saints wouldn't even be a .500 team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Didn't call everyone anything..
Lol, you're clever.

...anyway, just seems like you always call people homers.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »